• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ike Davis @ NY Mets

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost 5-3 yesterday. Prolly lose again today.

The Mets continue their three-game set against Ike Davis and the Pirates at Citi Field on Tuesday at 7:10 p.m.
Jon Niese (3-3, 2.70 ERA) gets the start for the Mets, opposed by Edinson Volquez (2-4, 4.37 ERA) for Pittsburgh.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some key notes as well.

The Mets fired hitting coach Dave Hudgens and replaced him with minor league hitting coordinator Lamar Johnson >> Read more
Noah Syndergaard was diagnosed with a mild flexor-pronator strain in his right elbow — an injury that is sometimes a precursor to Tommy John surgery. He traveled to New York to be examined by team doctors, though Sandy Alderson said he doesn’t believe the injury is significant >> Read more
Jose Valverde was released after giving up four runs in relief and taking the loss on Monday. He was replaced on the roster by Triple-A reliever Vic Black.
Travis d’Arnaud started a rehab assignment with Double-A Binghamton this past weekend. He is due to catch Tuesday and could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Wednesday.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I completely agree w/ the firing of Hudgens & dumping Valverde....it's only a temporary band-aid being placed on a serious bullet wound. Collins needs to GTFO!!! ASAP!!!!

Lance Johnson is 63 years old.....smh.....couldn't they find someone younger and in touch w/ today's players, and who isn't old enough to be the grandfather for most of these guys??

The owners and front office of this team always do things bass-akwards.
Fucking Wilponzi's are idiots.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there's also concern w/ Gee & EY... ugghhhh

• E.Y. Jr. officially landed on the DL with a right hamstring injury on Monday morning. Matt den Dekker joined the club. Den Dekker struck out to end Monday’s game after entering on a double-switch in the top of the ninth. E.Y. Jr. is due to get an MRI on Tuesday to learn the severity of his injury. Read more in the Star-Ledger.

• Collins suggested the Mets are being cautious with Dillon Gee, who did not feel comfortable getting on a mound Sunday because of a lingering issue with a strained lat muscle.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I completely agree w/ the firing of Hudgens & dumping Valverde....it's only a temporary band-aid being placed on a serious bullet wound. Collins needs to GTFO!!! ASAP!!!!

Lamar Johnson is 63 years old.....smh.....couldn't they find someone younger and in touch w/ today's players, and who isn't old enough to be their grandfather??

The owners and front office of this team always do things bass-ackwards.
Fucking Wilponzi's are idiots.

fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there's also concern w/ Gee & EY... ugghhhh

• E.Y. Jr. officially landed on the DL with a right hamstring injury on Monday morning. Matt den Dekker joined the club. Den Dekker struck out to end Monday’s game after entering on a double-switch in the top of the ninth. E.Y. Jr. is due to get an MRI on Tuesday to learn the severity of his injury. Read more in the Star-Ledger.

• Collins suggested the Mets are being cautious with Dillon Gee, who did not feel comfortable getting on a mound Sunday because of a lingering issue with a strained lat muscle.

It never ends.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK--(5/27) -- Travis d'Arnaud is expected to be activated from the disabled list for Wednesday's matinee series finale against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Sandy Alderson said.

D'Arnaud is due to play a third and final rehab game with Binghamton on Tuesday night.

He caught five innings and produced a two-run homer Sunday with the Double-A club, then went 0-for-4 as the designated hitter on Monday.

D'Arnaud suffered his concussion two weeks ago at Yankee Stadium.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK (5/27) -- Here are the lineups as the Mets face the Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday at 7:10 p.m. at Citi Field.

i

Juan Lagares, cf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Curtis Granderson, lf
Bobby Abreu, rf
Lucas Duda, 1b
Anthony Recker, c
Ruben Tejada, ss
Jonathon Niese, lhp

i

Josh Harrison, 3b
Jose Tabata, rf
Andrew McCutchen, cf
Gaby Sanchez, 1b
Russell Martin, c
Starling Marte, lf
Neil Walker, 2b
Clint Barmes, ss
Edinson Volquez, rhp

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thor's MRI is clean.....thank goodness.
NEW YORK -- An MRI of New York Mets top prospect Noah Syndergaard's right forearm came back clean, general manager Sandy Alderson said Tuesday afternoon.
Syndergaard, a right-hander with Triple-A Las Vegas, had flown to New York to be examined by team doctors. He preliminarily had been diagnosed with a flexor pronator strain, which can be a precursor to Tommy John surgery.
"Based on what I knew from Las Vegas, I was hopeful this would be the outcome," Alderson said.
Alderson said doctors have prescribed shoulder-strengthening exercises.
"Hopefully this is a short-term disablement for him over the next few days," Alderson said.
Syndergaard, 21, is 5-2 with a 4.02 ERA in 10 starts with Las Vegas this season. He last pitched Wednesday.
He was acquired from the Toronto Blue Jays with catcher Travis d'Arnaud and minor league outfielder Wuilmer Becerra for knuckleballer R.A. Dickey on Dec. 17, 2012.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK--(5/27) -- Chris Young was out of the starting lineup for a third straight game Tuesday, and it's safe to say he's been benched, no matter how the Mets spin it. Meanwhile, Nelson Cruz completed the Memorial Day weekend hitting .294 with an MLB-leading 16 homers and 45 RBIs for the Baltimore Orioles.

So, suffice it to say, Sandy Alderson blew it signing Young for $7.25 million on Nov. 26 when Cruz ended up signing for $8 million on Feb. 24, right? After all, Young is hitting .202 with three homers and 11 RBIs in 109 at-bats.

That's unfair, Alderson suggested Tuesday on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN New York 98.7.

"Keep in mind, when we signed Chris Young, we signed him to a one-year deal. It was early in the offseason and we wanted to get a marker on the board," Alderson said. "We had lost Marlon Byrd. The Phillies signed Marlon Byrd. So we wanted to make sure that we had ourselves covered in center field with somebody who had some pop and maybe could have the same type of bounceback year that a guy like Marlon Byrd had.

"At the time, Nelson Cruz was looking for like $65 million to play -- what? -- left field for us. Not center field, where we needed some protection. He was going to have to play left field. It was apples and oranges at that point. For the fact that he ended up signing for $8 million weeks, months later, I think is kind of an unfair comparison."

Asked about that being a topic among disgruntled fans, Alderson added: "Lots of stuff is out there. I get that. I can’t really get into a debate on every issue that is out there."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mejia is the Man..

NEW YORK -- Terry Collins had three core relievers unavailable. So the manager hoped Jonathon Niese would get him through the seventh inning, newly promoted Vic Black could get the Mets within three outs of a victory, and then Jenrry Mejia would handle the ninth.

However, Niese ended up departing with two outs in the sixth, prompting Black to enter there.

Jenrry Mejia

#58 SP
New York Mets

2014 STATS

• GM 15
  • W 4
  • L 1
  • BB 23
  • K 47
  • ERA 3.97

Collins eventually went to Mejia for a six-out save.

Mission accomplished.

Mejia dealt with a pair of baserunners in each inning but completed the 4-2 win against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday night at Citi Field for his fourth save.

Collins figured he would not have Mejia available for Wednesday's matinee anyway. So he allowed Mejia to toss 37 pitches.

Now, Mejia has not allowed an earned run in eight appearances since moving to the bullpen on May 12. In terms of hurdles, Mejia has worked back-to-back days, in both ends of a doubleheader, and has produced a two-inning save.

All that remains for Mejia to do to claim the role as the full-time closer is handling working on three straight days.

"Ricky Bones asked me if I could throw two innings," Mejia said, referring to a sixth-inning conversation with his bullpen coach. "I said, 'I can go three, four, five.' I mean, I'm ready for any situation. They want me to go two innings, I go out there and do my job. ... I'm ready for three or four days [in a row]."

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mejia can become our go to guy in the closer spot it will be huge. Now we just need the rest of the bullpen to come around.