• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Jameis were white...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like 3 months ago, before I showed up and immediately started turning over tables? :yahoo:

Like Shark said the main arguing point is kind of moot now and everyone can pretty much agree. When we suck this badly there's not much to disagree about.

It was like you always lived here!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most are beyond "not ready" and are now at he's the biggest bust ever in the history of the franchise.

Whoa....whoa.....whoa...whoa....Let's not forget Heath Shuler the ole' Tennessee time bomb. Besides I suspect that RGIII tenure is hardly finished here as others do, but in fact, in the midst of a rebuild/reboot, retraining with this organization under the tutelage of the man who was bought here to help him in becoming the franchise guy .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like 3 months ago, before I showed up and immediately started turning over tables? :yahoo:

Jesus???? is that you, turning over tables? Dude I've got a million question about your dad.....who is also you and a spirit.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if jameis was white he would have paid for the crab legs and "stole" extra napkins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa....whoa.....whoa...whoa....Let's not forget Heath Shuler the ole' Tennessee time bomb. Besides I suspect that RGIII tenure is hardly finished here as others do, but in fact, in the midst of a rebuild/reboot, retraining with this organization under the tutelage of the man who was bought here to help him in becoming the franchise guy .

I certainly hope that RG3 works hard during the offseason & starts to improve. I would love to see it work out with the Redskins. However - justifiably - I have my doubts. Give him one more season to prove himself. If after that time he still has poor footwork, still focuses on one receiver at a time, has no pocket presence & still doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut then bye, bye.

No NFL team can afford to be patient for 5+ years when a player only shows productivity in one of those years especially when he has a big salary which affects how you build the rest of the team (& starting in 2016 RG3 will cost a fortune). Therefore - if the Skins retain RG3 - 2015 is put up or shut up time for him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope that RG3 works hard during the offseason & starts to improve. I would love to see it work out with the Redskins. However - justifiably - I have my doubts. Give him one more season to prove himself. If after that time he still has poor footwork, still focuses on one receiver at a time, has no pocket presence & still doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut then bye, bye.

No NFL team can afford to be patient for 5+ years when a player only shows productivity in one of those years especially when he has a big salary which affects how you build the rest of the team (& starting in 2016 RG3 will cost a fortune). Therefore - if the Skins retain RG3 - 2015 is put up or shut up time for him.

I am also of this mind. It makes no sense to trade or cut him at this point. We won't get anything for him. Tell him that he has every opportunity to win the starting job back next year but be specific on what he needs to work on. If he rises, great. If not, no real loss at this point.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am also of this mind. It makes no sense to trade or cut him at this point. We won't get anything for him. Tell him that he has every opportunity to win the starting job back next year but be specific on what he needs to work on. If he rises, great. If not, no real loss at this point.

Here's what's clear to me, and I'll take the SDad approach in explaining it. A tailored offense to take advantage of his skillset in the first year. Injuries/recovery in the second says to me that he has just had his first year under tutelage here. You don't convert years of practice into a new way in one off-season.

To me there are 3 things that must be done for this to work:

1. A renegotiated (more cap friendly) contract.

2. As we've all said now...a vigorous off-season program dedicated to one goal, converting him from a spread QB into a conventional NFL QB.

3. Rebuild of our O-Line. Looking at replays of games where he's in, you'll notice that almost immediately, his head dips and therefore his field of vision is diverted. Why? because just like his HC there is no confidence in his protection. If you couple that with his past injuries is there any wonder why his first instinct relates to self preservation?

BTW: just as you've both said after continued evaluation, re-evaluation if there is little progress, you have to cut ties.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus???? is that you, turning over tables? Dude I've got a million question about your dad.....who is also you and a spirit.

You can't possibly ask the right questions about my dad. I'll just say one thing: if you are naughty you go to a bad place and if you are nice you go to a good place. Not unlike the rules Santa has in place.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you are too hurt by keeping Rg3 one more year but again most of you want a different type of qb here in DC

this is year 3 for RG3 and this guy has regressed so much it is pitiful

if a guy is afraid to hit the open guy when he obviously see's it then how do you make him better ?

he doesnt have the courage anymore so unless he can overcome his fear and trust his teammates and what he see's on the field he will be a failure

if he cant run the offense he is no good to us .

this is year 3 and i have spent a great deal of time debating you guys about giving him time to learn the game . but 3 years is my cut off point . he failed , time to move on and forget "what you can get for him"

that ship has sailed :suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you are too hurt by keeping Rg3 one more year but again most of you want a different type of qb here in DC

this is year 3 for RG3 and this guy has regressed so much it is pitiful

if a guy is afraid to hit the open guy when he obviously see's it then how do you make him better ?

he doesnt have the courage anymore so unless he can overcome his fear and trust his teammates and what he see's on the field he will be a failure

if he cant run the offense he is no good to us .

this is year 3 and i have spent a great deal of time debating you guys about giving him time to learn the game . but 3 years is my cut off point . he failed , time to move on and forget "what you can get for him"

that ship has sailed :suds:

I can go either way on this one. However - if RG3 is retained (which is the organizations choice not ours) then I would hope that first of all RG3 admits that his current game is very flawed & he will do whatever is possible in the offseason to address these flaws. After that he needs to be spend a considerable time working on mechanics, tape etc just like Steve Young suggested in his recent article.

If RG3 resists or it is very obvious next season that his game has not progressed then cya later. Don't care if he subsequently becomes a star on another team. It will simply be obvious that the team needs to part ways with this guy. I don't really see a major issue keeping him for one more season. Worst, worst case - he looks as bad as ever in training camp & is somewhat disruptive. No problem - you simply cut him before the regular season. Just don't believe that QB is a major problem at this time & I have no issue if they go with McCoy all next season if other areas are addressed.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Winston were white, we would be bad-mouthing him equally but wouldn't have the racist thread associated with it.

I was a fan of Winston last season. Then he became a total piece of shit and I am no longer a fan. If he is there in the second, I would take him...not in the first.

He is not smart enough for Stanford...he may be smart enough for Stanford football.