• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Iowa beats Nebraska...

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes you wonder though just how much Tom Osbourne, Bo Schembechler, Woody, that guy with the hat in Alabama and more would have made if they were coaching today, but then again also there is no proof they would be successful in today's game, they didn't face too many spread options or jet sweeps in their days

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team A still turns a profit and is one of college footballs only self sufficient programs, but who wants to split hairs.. According to Pelini your fans are "a bunch of pussies, who will not know what to do when he is gone". I tend to agree.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team A still turns a profit and is one of college footballs only self sufficient programs, but who wants to split hairs.. According to Pelini your fans are "a bunch of pussies, who will not know what to do when he is gone". I tend to agree.
Bo's Words said:
“Our crowd. What a bunch of fucking fair-weather fucking fans they can all kiss my fucking ass out the fucking door. ‘Cause the day is fucking coming now. We’ll see what they can do when I’m fucking gone. I’m so fucking pissed off.”

Bunch of Pussies? I don't recall that part. You shouldn't use quotation marks if you're just making shit up.

As for what he did say? So the guy was pissed off and was blowing steam. Like you've never said something in private that you wouldn't want to go public? I would rather see him fired for his coaching abilities or lack of if it happens than because he got pissed off and said something he wished he didn't say now.

Come on guy, you're acting like a Wisky fan.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think calling them pussies would have been better than that tirade. I wonder how much Nebraska's Athletic Department spends on anger management classes for Bo?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of Pussies? I don't recall that part. You shouldn't use quotation marks if you're just making shit up.

As for what he did say? So the guy was pissed off and was blowing steam. Like you've never said something in private that you wouldn't want to go public? I would rather see him fired for his coaching abilities or lack of if it happens than because he got pissed off and said something he wished he didn't say now.

Come on guy, you're acting like a Wisky fan.

I have a BA in communications and took some PR classes. Becoming a head coach of one of the most respected football programs in the country automatically makes him a public figure. As a public figure in a position he is in, he does need to watch what he says than those who are not and not getting millions.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he knows that now but I got no problem with him being pissed off when the fans flee the stands. Sure he is responsible to put a product on the field but if you take off when it gets a little uncomfortable, which is what happened, then yeah you are a fair weather fan.

And I don't know in what world being a called pussy is better than being called a fucking fair weather fan (not directed at you jerms) but you call me a pussy and I am going to do everything I can to change your mind about that.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this though is a distraction from the game. His last side line antic was A&M in 2010. That was 3 years ago. The Ohio State game when he called the fans fucking fair weather fans was 2011, 2 years ago.

How about us talk about the Nebraska Iowa game 2013, this year.

Personally I think our offense is a lot more balanced then a lot of people seem to think. RKIII has an accurate arm and most of his passes Saturday (his first game anywhere close to him for 60 minutes) were on the money but just didn't get caught because it was like trying to catch an ice cube. The offense definitely is a lot more cool and collected then with TM or TA.

TA is not as accurate but he gets enough there to make you defend it and he is faster. Not Taylor Martinez fast but it appears TM is not Taylor Martinez fast anymore either.

I look forward to a good game, I think your defense will make it a battle but we have more weapons and that will pay off in the end.
24-17

(edit: I do respect your d also. I would rank it higher than Mich State)

Last edited by a moderator:

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think these two teams are evenly matched on both sides of the ball. I think it will come down to who makes fewer mistakes and doesn't turn the ball over. If Iowa can establish the run early and get out to an early lead I think Iowa wins. If Nebraska gets out to a lead early and Rudock is forced into throwing the ball every down that does not bode well for Iowa.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For What it's worth, weather on Friday is calling for sun, mid-40s and light wind. Should help a 2 dimensional offense like Iowa. I would like to see Rudock put the ball in the air to go along with Weisman and Canzerri's running games...

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Coach A is one of the most overpaid coaches in the nation. It's just that Coach A won't be on the hotseat for another 4-5 years. If they fire him now, they would have to be paying 2 coaches HC salaries just to buy out the contract.

Coach B has more of his fans calling for him to be fired and is on the hotseat. Coach B also insulted fans of the team he coaches for. Also, Coach A doesn't say anything to the media, about anything, ever.

Which one is Coach A and which one is Coach B?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a boom? I'm a pussy because I pointed out he was inferring through a quote that something was said when it wasn't?

We call that calling out a liar in Nebraska.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so, it's ya'lls board.
:ohwell:

Didn't really come over here for a name calling contest though. Thought I would check out the game discussion over here and found juvenile slander instead. If that's all you got :noidea:

Here's to a good game Friday :yo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if you look back, it was a Cornsucker that began the negative conversation, and ya, you got boomed...

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in a conference where the biggest challenge on whether you won the conference or not was a one game winner take all between Oklahoma or Nebraska. Move to the Big 10, which for decades every Nebraska fan said was over rated, and it isn't so easy. Sure, you have beaten Iowa in 2 straight years, and no you didn't blow us out, or dominate us. 20 to 7 and 13 to 7 is hardly dominating the series in the Big 10. In the same 2 year span, Iowa has never given up more than 42 points in a Big 10 game, on the other hand, Nebraska has given up 45, 48, 63, and 70. Coach A - Vanilla, Coach B - Neopoltin. Coach A - Underachiever, Coach B - Overachiever, Coach A - unlucky, Coach B - lucky as hell.

Frankly, we are going to help you get rid of Coach B.

Coach A - less talent, Coach B - more talent. Coach A - gets players to play up, Coach B - obviously finds a way to get players to play down.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here...

T4tV6cDl.jpg

:bolt:

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what relic is that? want us to dig out pics of our natty in 1958? Or the Orange Bowl trophy from 2009? hooboy, let's not live in the past...at least put up a pic of the rivalry trophy you have won the last 2 years, the Heroes Trophy...this is the joke of the league, you weren't in the B10 when you won that, get pertinent or get steppin