• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I guess the Ronda Rousy and Holm rematch may not be as big a deal now

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda chased Holly around the octagon like she was the one trying to win the belt.

I still wonder if Ronda wants payback with Holm before chasing the belt. Holm should have her rematch, Ronda should have her rematch.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still can be a big fight in early 2017 if RR gets the belt.

The fights line up like this:

Summer - Tate fights Nunes/Zigano & HH fights the lessor of Nunes/Aiganp
Late fall - RR returns to fight the champ. HH can fight the loser of the Tate vs Nunes/Zigano.
Early 2017 - If both RR & HH are on a win streak, they meet for the title.

A RR vs HH rematch can be built as revenge vs "can she do it again" & sell big because of the casuals who flock to RR.

In my opinion, HH will always be a bad match up for RR. Styles make fights, & HH style is RR kryptonite.

Tate just has the style that can beat HH. She is a wrestler who has many different angles she can take to enter for a takedown. And once she has you down, she can keep you there.

If Tate had been this smart & patient in her RR fights, she would have beat her. Instead, she got emotional & rushed into RR wheelhouse in each fight.

Last edited:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Ronda style is Tate's Kryptonite. It's a fun little paper, rock, scissors of styles between the three.
Tate is not good enough on her feet with distance and footwork to keep Ronda from closing and getting the clinch. Once in the clinch Tate is not as tall or strong as Holm to avoid being thrown. Once on the ground with Ronda on top she's done for. Even if she can keep it standing her and Ronda are about equal on striking with Ronda probably having the better power. It's a very hard fight for Tate as she's at her best when she can get a fight to the ground, but you don't want to be on the ground with Ronda.

I do agree that Holly is Ronda's kyptonite. She can avoid allowing Ronda to close on her with her range, kicks, and footwork. Since Ronda is not going to attack her low with wrestling takedowns it's just to easy for Holly to stick and move everytime Ronda comes forward on her.

The other end of this Triangle though you will find Tate is maybe not Kryptonite but very hard fight for Holly because of what happened last night. Tate only got her down twice but that's all it took. Holly does not have a high level ground game and Tate took advantage of it. Since Tate will attack low with takedowns it also meant Holly could not tee off with her strikes like she did on Ronda. She has to play much more defensively always looking to defend the takedown. I think Tate honestly played things a bit to passive until the 5th. She knew how she was going to have to win that fight and needed to go for it a bit more earlier. Holly despite KO'ing Ronda is not a knock out artist. I think she had like 9 KO's in 35 professional boxing matches. She's more of a technical striker that was made to look good against an emotional Ronda that just kept running right into her fist and feet.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will all this nonsense stop and someone sack up and fight Cyborg?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I don't think anyone cares for that fight anymore? =\
Cyborg has had her chances to drop 10lbs and make it happen, but for whatever reason kept putting it off til the point Ronda finally lost. I doubt many will talk about Cyborg until at least Ronda has come back and beat both Tate and Holm if that even happens.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I don't think anyone cares for that fight anymore? =\
Cyborg has had her chances to drop 10lbs and make it happen, but for whatever reason kept putting it off til the point Ronda finally lost. I doubt many will talk about Cyborg until at least Ronda has come back and beat both Tate and Holm if that even happens.

Ronda is probably not coming back. Why bother when she can make way more money (at least for now) without risking her health. At some point in the future it may make sense to come back when all the other deals she has going on fall away. Again though, MMA does not pay enough to make it worth their while once they become successful at other venues.