• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i doubt any trade with the leafs

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was. it came out a while ago, as i'm sure your article indicates, that he was against everything the devils were doing and testified on behalf of the league.

but don't forget they don't have much cap room either. i think teams like the avs, atlanta (ironically) and maybe the isles with their injuries are our best friends right now

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was stupid from Burke's side to make this kind of statement. Where he was when other teams did almost the same things. Not a word from anyone. I think he is jealous to Devils and Lou for doing good job.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about Burke always rubbed me the wrong way. This certainly doesn't help that perception.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if there weren't enough reasons to dislike this arrogant loudmouth.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burke is no dumby. and in all honesty i don't mind the man...

he's on of very few gm's that can step in the ring with lou and even have the balls to compete...

he's gone on record as saying something like ,' if you pick up the phone and its lou lamoriello looking to make a deal, just hang up because you're about to get fleeced '

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy knows how to win, the problem is he goes about it the wrong way. He made Vancouver a solid team by trading away their entire farm system, and he still couldn't win there. Left the team before he had to deal with the mess he had made. Goes to the Ducks, pulls off the Pronger trade which I can give him credit for, but then left them with a cap crisis that is still hurting the team, of course he was out of town by the time this came around. Now he can't trade Toronto's draft picks away quick enough. Combine that with the whole beef between him and the Oilers, and I just flat out don't like the guy.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed that he throws are picks like they're marde gras beads,

but as far as his big tiff w the oilers goes, i'm actually on his side w/ that.
lowe was beign a dickhead to teams that summer, and really put a hurting on buffalo when they were down and out