• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Can't Be the Only One...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Watching Matt Moore and going, hmmmmmmmm....

I know we aren't the Chiefs on offense, but figure it is what Nagy probably aspires to...

Permanent answer? Probably not. A stop gap that can give us a fighting chance while we still have a window with this defense? Maybe?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are far better options. Moore is like 35 years old and has been handed the reigns a few different times. The story always ends the same and it would end that way here.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are far better options. Moore is like 35 years old and has been handed the reigns a few different times. The story always ends the same and it would end that way here.

I mean, I don't aspire to have Moore as our QB on any sort of long term basis, he just seemed to be poised, effective and have command of the offense to a much greater degree is all....

More a sign of how bad Mitch has been, I suppose.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Watching Matt Moore and going, hmmmmmmmm....

I know we aren't the Chiefs on offense, but figure it is what Nagy probably aspires to...

Permanent answer? Probably not. A stop gap that can give us a fighting chance while we still have a window with this defense? Maybe?

Chase Daniel, according to our paychecks to him and our coaching/management, knows this offense as good as anyone on the planet and still blows...I wouldn't even bother with some sh*t like Moore. We need a good quarterback. The neverending search continues.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel, according to our paychecks to him and our coaching/management, knows this offense as good as anyone on the planet and still blows...I wouldn't even bother with some sh*t like Moore. We need a good quarterback. The neverending search continues.

This is the biggest indictment on Nagy and Pace.

They brought in Daniels mainly as a QB professor and not competition to keep Mitch straight and focused on keeping his job. Now we are at a crossroads were our one-hoped franchised QB isn't the answer and we have no one waiting in the wings.

We should have done what the Redskins a while back when they also traded up mightily to get RGIII, but also drafted Cousins in the 4th for competition. When RG fell apart, they had Cousins to lean on for a season and he parlayed that into a big contract with Minnesota.

We absolutely are drafting a QB this year AND we should kick the tires on a Rosen or Mariota, so we have two capable players that step up and get a chance if the other is to falter.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good coaching makes good quarterbacks. Had the bears drafted Mahomes, there is no doubt in my mind that he would look like absolute shit on the bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good coaching makes good quarterbacks. Had the bears drafted Mahomes, there is no doubt in my mind that he would look like absolute shit on the bears.

It's really, really difficult to imagine that a QB with that kind of field vision, awareness, arm strength and accuracy throwing to any spot on the field being "bad". I am sure he wouldn't look like himself here, but Trubisky bad? No chance. He would still hit the rudimentary throws and the occasional "wow" throw.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really, really difficult to imagine that a QB with that kind of field vision, awareness, arm strength and accuracy throwing to any spot on the field being "bad". I am sure he wouldn't look like himself here, but Trubisky bad? No chance. He would still hit the rudimentary throws and the occasional "wow" throw.
Probably not Trubisky bad, but he would still be bad. That chiefs offense is practically built for him. Don’t they have 4 WRs with sub 4.4 speed and 3 with sub 4.3 speed? Nagy would find a way to ruin Mahomes, I’m sure of it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not Trubisky bad, but he would still be bad. That chiefs offense is practically built for him. Don’t they have 4 WRs with sub 4.4 speed and 3 with sub 4.3 speed? Nagy would find a way to ruin Mahomes, I’m sure of it.

I don't know if it's that extreme. Only a handful of guys have run sub 4.3 40's in NFL history. I doubt they have 3 of those. Hill has Olympic track caliber speed. I think Hardman is extremely fast too. I don't think Watkins is near that level after all of his foot and leg injuries.

Yes, they have a great plethora of weapons, though. Kelce is a fantastic player too, obviously. Possibly even a HOF TE.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see you guys chase a QB in the next 12 hours.

Preferably one with an existing contract.

Something real awful. Like Cam. Or Rosen.

But I'd be cool with Case Keenum as long as it costs a pick. Cuz I want to see you guys catch Cleveland for most QBs this Millenium. Hope your Tuesday is frustrating, dickweeds.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I'd be cool with Case Keenum as long as it costs a pick. Cuz I want to see you guys catch Cleveland for most QBs this Millenium. Hope your Tuesday is frustrating, dickweeds.

Sup Smitty. What Schefter is reporting is that we are potentially looking to add CJ Beathard in exchange for Taylor Gabriel who Shanny had success with in ATL. It does nothing for the Bears except maybe gives Trubisky a kick in the ass.

I would probably enjoy taking the remainder of the season to look at Rosen, though. I just doubt it happens and don't know how it works contractually.

Hope your Tuesday is frustrating, dickweeds

Remember when we beat you guys twice in 11 days last season? That was fun.

Even if we suck. We'll still probably kick your dicks in at Soldier Field next week. Enjoy another year (still) without a North title. Asswipe ;)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No...NO...We've become a punchline for Lions fans....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest indictment on Nagy and Pace.

They brought in Daniels mainly as a QB professor and not competition to keep Mitch straight and focused on keeping his job. Now we are at a crossroads were our one-hoped franchised QB isn't the answer and we have no one waiting in the wings.

We should have done what the Redskins a while back when they also traded up mightily to get RGIII, but also drafted Cousins in the 4th for competition. When RG fell apart, they had Cousins to lean on for a season and he parlayed that into a big contract with Minnesota.

We absolutely are drafting a QB this year AND we should kick the tires on a Rosen or Mariota, so we have two capable players that step up and get a chance if the other is to falter.

I still think MT needs to stay here as our back up........
Im mean hes better than Daniels and just maybe he can figure it out on being a starting/viable qb in the league..........

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Nagy stated he is, "Sticking with Trubisky for now..."

As if we have any options?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Nagy stated he is, "Sticking with Trubisky for now..."

As if we have any options?

Everyone's gonna sh*t when he plays in 2020 with that 9.2 mill guaranteed cap hit...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's that extreme. Only a handful of guys have run sub 4.3 40's in NFL history. I doubt they have 3 of those. Hill has Olympic track caliber speed. I think Hardman is extremely fast too. I don't think Watkins is near that level after all of his foot and leg injuries.

Yes, they have a great plethora of weapons, though. Kelce is a fantastic player too, obviously. Possibly even a HOF TE.
I thought Damascus Robinson was faster than he really is.

My point is, he has receivers that are perfectly suited to his arm. He has a team full of deep threats. Even Kelce is fast for a Tight End, but he’s not the deep threat that Hill, Hardman, or Watkins are. If Mahomes we’re here, he wouldn’t have near that level of quality receivers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Damascus Robinson was faster than he really is.

My point is, he has receivers that are perfectly suited to his arm. He has a team full of deep threats. Even Kelce is fast for a Tight End, but he’s not the deep threat that Hill, Hardman, or Watkins are. If Mahomes we’re here, he wouldn’t have near that level of quality receivers.

Do you think receivers are really our problem, though? Robinson is a bonafide stud, IMO. Miller and Gabriel get a lot of separation and a lot of misfires get headed their way. That's not just the eyeball test. Sites like NextGen and PFF back this up. It seems like all of Trubs "WTF" throws are directed at those two. Keep in mind Gabriel is one of those guys who runs a sub 4.3 as well.

KC has weapons succeeding at a higher level than we do. I think some of that has to do with talent (it UNDOUBTEDLY does at the TE position) and coaching. However, I think a lot of it has to do with QB play too. I think if you just take our skill players at face value. That it's probably better than the average unit. We have a legit #1 WR. A very competent route runner and pass catcher in Miller. A deep threat in Gabriel and a really solid back in Cohen that can do a little bit of everything.

I read something last week speculating that Trubisky has issues seeing smaller receivers like Gabriel/Miller. Which is why he constantly misses them. Could be bull shit. Could be something to it.

I can see an argument that we need some more firepower in our weaponry. I just don't think it matters so long as Trubisky can't complete a pass further than 20 yards down the field.

Does Mahomes miss Gabriel streaking downfield Sunday? Doubtful. Does Mahomes post 3 points vs GB missing the plethora of throws that were missed in that game? Doubtful. Does Mahomes post 0 in the first half vs OAK. Doubtful. I don't know... I think the QB is a bigger issue than the coach and weapons.

I mean, forget Mahomes. Just insert any competent QB's name into those sentences.

That's just me.