• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I blame Crash

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started a new thread - and it messed with the mojo.

LOL

Just kiddin' bud. Hell of a ride boys - let's hope this franchise is as committed to winning as it looks like they've been the past few years on defense/FA approach. It has to be done on the OL - and that is going to be a 30 year change in philosophy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started a new thread - and it messed with the mojo.

LOL

Just kiddin' bud. Hell of a ride boys - let's hope this franchise is as committed to winning as it looks like they've been the past few years on defense/FA approach. It has to be done on the OL - and that is going to be a 30 year change in philosophy.
Whahahahahaha. Sorry guys.

I would have liked to have seen how close Burrow was to flippin that ball to Perine. They never showed a good angle on it.

Damn offensive line. Played lights out first half, decided to revert back to normal in the second half.

Didn't take advantage of turnovers. Punted too many times in second half. Couldn't coverts 3rd and 4th and shorts. Rams just beat us.

It had never entered my mind that we wouldn't get into FG range though for a chance on that last drive. I had that much confidence in Burrow.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whahahahahaha. Sorry guys.

I would have liked to have seen how close Burrow was to flippin that ball to Perine. They never showed a good angle on it.

Damn offensive line. Played lights out first half, decided to revert back to normal in the second half.

Didn't take advantage of turnovers. Punted too many times in second half. Couldn't coverts 3rd and 4th and shorts. Rams just beat us.

It had never entered my mind that we wouldn't get into FG range though for a chance on that last drive. I had that much confidence in Burrow.
I read an article that said the Rams made a fairly simple adjustment from the first to the second half. In the first half they were only rushing 4 guys with the assumption that Burrow would kill them if they blitzed (this has happened all year). But, by only rushing 4, the Bengals were doing a decent job with double teams on Donald and willing to live with one-on-one with edge players. So, the Rams switched to rushing 5 every play.... This put the Bengals in a one-on-one situation with each of the 5 rushers and Donald simply wrecked whoever he was facing. They basically played 2 deep, 4 under in a zone and knew that pass plays wouldn't materialize before Burrow would have to run for his life.

The obvious answer to all of this is to fix the damn line. Even the league average line probably wins that game on Sunday.... You just can't be as crappy as we were. Outside of having different players, about the only thing I think could have worked was to continue to lean on Mixon who was way more effective than I thought or run more bootlegs, play action, roll-out stuff to mess up the blitz and zone schemes.... But that's not really Burrow's game and we've all seen him run into walls on bootlegs before.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article that said the Rams made a fairly simple adjustment from the first to the second half. In the first half they were only rushing 4 guys with the assumption that Burrow would kill them if they blitzed (this has happened all year). But, by only rushing 4, the Bengals were doing a decent job with double teams on Donald and willing to live with one-on-one with edge players. So, the Rams switched to rushing 5 every play.... This put the Bengals in a one-on-one situation with each of the 5 rushers and Donald simply wrecked whoever he was facing. They basically played 2 deep, 4 under in a zone and knew that pass plays wouldn't materialize before Burrow would have to run for his life.

The obvious answer to all of this is to fix the damn line. Even the league average line probably wins that game on Sunday.... You just can't be as crappy as we were. Outside of having different players, about the only thing I think could have worked was to continue to lean on Mixon who was way more effective than I thought or run more bootlegs, play action, roll-out stuff to mess up the blitz and zone schemes.... But that's not really Burrow's game and we've all seen him run into walls on bootlegs before.
Coming into this game I thought we would have run a lot of RB and WR screens. WR runs. A few trick plays like the Mixon TD pass for ex. I thought we would have broke out of this normal mold a lot more. We still have a hell of a hard time converting TO's into TD's. Two INT's with 3 points scored off them. That is equivalent to not getting any TO's.