• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hurdle is burning our pen

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why is hurdle taking wilson out after 2/3 of an inning.
the next batter up is the pitcher so the max vin will pitch is one inning.
both wilson and mazzaro are 2IP per outing kind of guys.
hopefully vin gets thru this inning without help or hurdle will have burned thru 4 relievers going into the 7th.

unless wilson got hurt, i am not sure what he is thinking.

also, we have 18 games in 17 days and our pen is already overworked.
although it is great we are coming off a 4 day break, we are going to need the most efficient BP decision and utilization as possible.

no help liriano only went 4.1 but hurdle has to have a clue and quit outthinking himself.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if hurdle didnt do his worthless double switch, we would have had tabata instead of mcK. when we have so few bats on the bench, we cant take them out of the lineup with these double switches. pathetic moves again. cant someone else be teh strategic coach and let hurdle be the relationship, nurturer, encourager a young team needs.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hurdle is gonna Hurdle.

thanks for the reassurance.

i thought he might be chomping his wad of gum, surfing on his iphone, and read my message so we have a better chance of winning this set and esp the 5 games in 4 day set with the cards up coming at the end of a long stretch of 18 games in 17 days.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hurdle didnt do his worthless double switch, we would have had tabata instead of mcK. when we have so few bats on the bench, we cant take them out of the lineup with these double switches. pathetic moves again. cant someone else be teh strategic coach and let hurdle be the relationship, nurturer, encourager a young team needs.

Yep, he is a great bench coach, not so much as a strategic manager.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not terribly worried about our bullpen getting tired out. There are a lot of guys in there who were just converted from starter in the last couple years. They should be fine with elevated innings counts.

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, he is a great bench coach, not so much as a strategic manager.

I couldn't believe he brought Wilson in to pitch to Phillips Saturday. Sunday I thought he would let Wilson start the 8th. Due up was the pitcher, Choo, and Heisley. Cincy had Robinson & Paul both lefties to PH, and Choo's split is .170 aganist Lefties, and .340 aganist righties.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not terribly worried about our bullpen getting tired out. There are a lot of guys in there who were just converted from starter in the last couple years. They should be fine with elevated innings counts.

I'm worried about him running through the back end, and Wilson, not so much everyone else since they are very replaceable.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe he brought Wilson in to pitch to Phillips Saturday. Sunday I thought he would let Wilson start the 8th. Due up was the pitcher, Choo, and Heisley. Cincy had Robinson & Paul both lefties to PH, and Choo's split is .170 aganist Lefties, and .340 aganist righties.

I missed those games, but yea he likes the cookie cutter 8th and 9th innings guys when it gets that far.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he just does the double switch to make a poor point, taking out a bat, then overused guys for just a couple batters, even pulling one in hte middle of the inning when our pitcher was the second person up for us.

also, we have 18 games in 17 days and it doesnt look like cole and morton are go into the 7th guys yet. in fact none of our guys have done it other than sporadically.

i guess i think he is substituting to not make a mistake, rather than thinking through based on game situation, our offense, and the pitchers capabiliities. substituting to CYA.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huge Effort tonight from the rookie to give the bucs 7 shutout innings so that they could rest Melancon...

Absolutely huge!