• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open 24 Hours (2020)... Straight forward slasher flick. Cast was meh, but the movie was a decent watch. They really played up the PTSD element to add some mystery to it, but it was sorta unnecessary. Still worth the watch.

Sea Fever (2020)... Pretty cool viral/parasite type movie. They went for a more realistic approach so theres not a lot of shock factor but it was pretty terrifying in the "what would I do" sense. Great attention to detail and the acting was on the money.

Triggered (2020)... Great idea, but execution was shoddy at best. Cast was lacking, and the character motives were lackluster, but it was an easy throwaway watch.

Tremors: Shrieker Island (2020)... This one surprised me a little. I was expecting it to be a lot cheesier than it was. Still had plenty of awesome awfulness if you know what I mean. Some characters were just shameless plugs. Took me a minute to recognize Jon Heder lol. If your a fan of the franchise then its worth the watch, but you should know what to expect after watching the previous installments.

Greenland (2020)... Not horror, but one of those natural disaster (end of the world) type of movies like Armageddon (1998), Deep Impact (1998), Day After Tomorrow (2004), or Geostorm (2017 - also featuring Gerard Butler). Much of the same of what you'd expect with survivalist storyline trying to reach a bunker for salvation, but this one's writing was little lacking. Felt lazy at times. Still a good watch though.
Did you watch Greenland on VoD because on IMDB, it says it's releasing in December. I completely forgot about that movie existing until you mentioned Gerard Butler in a natural disaster movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch Greenland on VoD because on IMDB, it says it's releasing in December. I completely forgot about that movie existing until you mentioned Gerard Butler in a natural disaster movie.
Watched it online (pirated).... yea I'm cheap.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched His House (2020) last night. Agreed with what others have said, pretty good movie. Good mystery element that unfolds. Didn’t care for how easily “dispatched” the climax was. Simple but felt like it could have been more effective.
Well worth the watch though. Great supernatural elements all throughout with good suspense.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also started watching AHS: 1984 or whatever it’s called. 2 episodes in and meh. Don’t care at all for the cast.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also started watching AHS: 1984 or whatever it’s called. 2 episodes in and meh. Don’t care at all for the cast.
I think I watched the very first episode of AHS when it debuted. I was thinking “what the fuck am I watching “ and not in a good way. I know that it has a very loyal following but I never gave it a shot after that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I watched the very first episode of AHS when it debuted. I was thinking “what the fuck am I watching “ and not in a good way. I know that it has a very loyal following but I never gave it a shot after that.
It's a mixed bag really. I loved the first 2 seasons. They had much more coherent writing styles, but then it sort of took a hard right turn towards WTF-ville and the writers tried so hard to be overly creative and most of those seasons just end up being a jumbled mess.

S1 - Murder House... Good balance of horror & mystery to unravel the entire story. Hooked from start to finish.

S2 - Asylum... This season was wild. Not a lot of people liked it, but I did.

S3 - Coven... This season was pretty unique. I liked the southern Louisiana flair with all the hoodoo. Writing sort of got very bizarre though. And it spent a lot of time with the teenaged girls so it got a little annoying at times.

S4 - Freak Show... This season put me out of the show for a while. Hated this season so much. Had some promising characters, but largely a miss. Confusing storylines that go nowhere, and rarely any horror elements. Just a bunch of bizarre crap.

S5 - Hotel... This season was decent. Lingers some from episode to episode, and the writing doesn't do much to try and close off some of its plot threads very well. Sort of wastes a lot of time building up certain aspects just for them to be blown off.

S6 - Roanoke... Story takes a while to get off the ground but it was a much more coherent storyline. Whereas in prior seasons things always get jumbled out of proportion.

S7 - Cult... Probably my 3rd favorite seasons after the first 2. Evan Peters & Sarah Paulson take center stage. Still lots of weirdness, but this season was pretty solid.

S8 - Apocalypse... Pretty wild season that ties together some of the prior seasons (S1, S3 & to a small degree S5). Certain aspects of this season made it worthwhile, but there's a lot of filler crap to wade through to get to the good stuff.

S9 - 1984... So far its pretty retro cheesy and definitely paying a lot of homage to 80s slasher horror. Not bad, but haven't gotten very far into the season yet.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mixed bag really. I loved the first 2 seasons. They had much more coherent writing styles, but then it sort of took a hard right turn towards WTF-ville and the writers tried so hard to be overly creative and most of those seasons just end up being a jumbled mess.

S1 - Murder House... Good balance of horror & mystery to unravel the entire story. Hooked from start to finish.

S2 - Asylum... This season was wild. Not a lot of people liked it, but I did.

S3 - Coven... This season was pretty unique. I liked the southern Louisiana flair with all the hoodoo. Writing sort of got very bizarre though. And it spent a lot of time with the teenaged girls so it got a little annoying at times.

S4 - Freak Show... This season put me out of the show for a while. Hated this season so much. Had some promising characters, but largely a miss. Confusing storylines that go nowhere, and rarely any horror elements. Just a bunch of bizarre crap.

S5 - Hotel... This season was decent. Lingers some from episode to episode, and the writing doesn't do much to try and close off some of its plot threads very well. Sort of wastes a lot of time building up certain aspects just for them to be blown off.

S6 - Roanoke... Story takes a while to get off the ground but it was a much more coherent storyline. Whereas in prior seasons things always get jumbled out of proportion.

S7 - Cult... Probably my 3rd favorite seasons after the first 2. Evan Peters & Sarah Paulson take center stage. Still lots of weirdness, but this season was pretty solid.

S8 - Apocalypse... Pretty wild season that ties together some of the prior seasons (S1, S3 & to a small degree S5). Certain aspects of this season made it worthwhile, but there's a lot of filler crap to wade through to get to the good stuff.

S9 - 1984... So far its pretty retro cheesy and definitely paying a lot of homage to 80s slasher horror. Not bad, but haven't gotten very far into the season yet.
1984 looked interesting since I enjoy slasher movies but since I haven’t been watching as much television lately, I forgot about it quickly.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen Under the Skin with Scarlett Johansson?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. But was interested. Did you watch it?
Not yet. Was going through on demand movies and forgot it had existed. I figured someone would’ve seen it since Scarlett is nude in it lol