• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF Game Observations

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some bright spots: WR Bumphis looks like he could earn a spot on the roster. WR Davis & others played well TE Egnew was catching balls in traffic & holding on. I don't think he can be counted out yet (if at all) Good play overall by the TE's & FB Rodriguez showed some skils. DE Jordan got pressure when he was rushing the QB. His play willl lead to sacks backs he forces QB's to step up into sacks. Jordan showed his versatility dropping back into coverage & making plays. He's quick. DE Shelby played well. L Miller, although he was part of the early fumble, he showed glimpses of his great talent. Sloppy game at times for the Fins, but few penalties. They out gained Dallas in total yards.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at work last night and had the game on the radio.

Observations of preseason games on the radio: You get distracted by work for five seconds and then you have no idea who is on offense or defense because the announcers be telling you what player has the ball or made the tackle and you be like....who does he play for again?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visual inspection of team, they suck and will be long season. Tannehill looked bad, throwing behind receivers and little to no zip on ball.

Hope it was early season jitters and they look better next game, If not, pray for a 7-9 season again.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it funny how that people, even football "experts" draw year long conclusions from the first preseason football game. Especially an extra preseason game lol Preseason hasn't even really started yet. Let's see what happens in game 4 of the Preseason for the Fins when they play more of their starters.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense didn't look that great....but it's preseason. Bumphis should make the roster if he continues to perform the way he is. I wish we could find a gem at LT though, Dallas Thomas is more suited for LG, not LT. I liked Jordan as well. With him, Wade and Vernon, we'll be set at 3rd and long situations.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumphis is the talk of the team. I think he makes the team and will be a key contributer for us.

As for an overall analysis of the first game - There is nothing to be made of that first pre-season game... It was an exhibition for the exhibition games.. Tannehill only played a couple of series, and we had key players out on offense. Good or bad, you can't make much of this game. When we go out there at full strength, and guys get a decent amount of reps, then we can make a better assesment of the team.

Something tells me the Fins win today and people get off the panic button

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense didn't look that great....but it's preseason. Bumphis should make the roster if he continues to perform the way he is. I wish we could find a gem at LT though, Dallas Thomas is more suited for LG, not LT. I liked Jordan as well. With him, Wade and Vernon, we'll be set at 3rd and long situations.

I agree Heatles. In the 2nd preseason game Dallas has played much better at LG. RE Jordan: He is a very good addition to a stacked group of DE's & Dlinemen.