• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heres an article some may like

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Martin Brodeur Gets The Bittersweet Goodbye Nobody Wanted

Now obviously lack of scoring, an horrible schedule, and bullshit officiating kept us out of the playoffs. But its good to know save % and GAA are more important than wins

tilo we all know your stance on marty

we all know mine

but all those excuses you mentioned ummmmmm cory had to deal with them also. somehow he was able to post great % and gaa stats that goalies should be judged upon. 1.97 and .921 are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then 2.51 .901 ESP for a team that can't score that many goals to begin with.

also you make it sound like marty went 30-9 in his 39 games. he didn't he went 19-20 while cory went 16-27. not that great for either one of them.

if the devils made the playoffs cory should and would be the starter because stats dont lie.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lamoriello knows Schneider’s importance to the organization now and said signing him to a contract extension (after July 1) is “right on the top of the list” of his off-season priorities.

Thank god.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if he doesn't get the deal done before the season starts i'm going to scream! all season long will just have to deal with that crap

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They better not try any lowball stuff either. Cory is going to know that he's the most important player on the team. 6.5-7/6-7yr.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont recall saying Marty was better or Cory was bad. I just pointed out a fact that Marty had more wins in less opportunities. I know its a fact that people want to ignore, but its still a fact no matter how its spun.

Now if you want my opinion, Cory had a better year. But to think that Marty wouldn't be a help to this team next year if he plays at the same level he did this year is beyond insane. Sticking with my opinion, like I said before goaltending isnt why the season is over. If I had to list them in order it'll be horrible coaching, inept officiating, lack of scoring, and the fact that over half our schedule were back to back games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to have Marty back..on the terms that he starts at maximum 20 games. Does he go for that? Who knows.

Take care of Cory this summer so he knows he's the number 1 for the next 10 years.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make many games this year but was very happy I made this one to send Chico off (and maybe Marty).

It was certainly a bittersweet experience for me but a was very happy to be there with my wife.

Plus it always cracks me up when she does the "you suck" cheer and points at the other teams goaltender after we score (it's funny because she rarely curses....unlike me).

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marty wants to play 20-25 games next year for $1.5M then I am all for that. I don't think he's useless, but the way PDB split starts this year has to be a thing of the past.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty still has plenty left in the tank, just not as an everyday guy. If he is back he should be limited to weaker teams, back to backs and the Habs. Basically he'd have to function like a backup goaltender would. I just don't think he's down for that.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he has to come to terms with. he isn't a starter nor is he a 1b starter anymore.

just like when he came into the nhl and took the starting job from t-bone. bet he didn't have any issues with that? so now cory is here its time to take a step back marty

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marty still has plenty left in the tank, just not as an everyday guy. If he is back he should be limited to weaker teams, back to backs and the Habs. Basically he'd have to function like a backup goaltender would. I just don't think he's down for that.

I'm not even sure about that. He's said before that he needs to play a lot to get into a rhythm, which we also say some evidence of when he sorta took back the job for two weeks. But he can't go it for a whole season, and Cory is on another level. Marty's not great at spot starts.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well come july 1st he is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he will be getting calls from contenders. those teams are already set in goal.

he is also crazy if he thinks he will get more then a 1 year deal.

only choices are going to be teams like the islanders buffalo edmonton teams that aren't expecting much next year.

he will realize he has it good here sign a "cheap" 1.5 1 year deal he plays his 25 games hopefully gets the 12 wins needed to hit 700 and goes out with the same team. not many players can say they have done that