• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat vs Pacers ECF

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are 4 games away from the finals and the Pacers aren't some bad team who got a lucky break to make the ECF. If the Heat lose it won't be because they're playing to the level of the competition.

thank you. i see this shit all the time. the heat play down to people.. which is true. they do. but playing down to a final 4 team in the NBA? pacers are a good team. Miami is better, I agree with BK's prediction of Miami in 5.. but the Pacers arent a joke. They finished the season 17 games above 500.

they had 49 wins, but only played 81 games (boston bombing cancel victim). they win that game, they are a 50 win team. nothing to be laughed at or really played down to. They are #1 in opponents field goal % this year and #2 in points allowed. This is a good defensive basketball team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are 4 games away from the finals and the Pacers aren't some bad team who got a lucky break to make the ECF. If the Heat lose it won't be because they're playing to the level of the competition.

Didn't say they were a bad team, but when you consider how weak the East is, they are no better than the 5th or 6th best team in the NBA (if that). Some folks on here have suggested that the Warriors would beat them in a playoff and the Warriors were the 6 seed in the West!!

So yes, the Heat could very well lose a game because they played down to the level of their competition.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say they were a bad team, but when you consider how weak the East is, they are no better than the 5th or 6th best team in the NBA (if that). Some folks on here have suggested that the Warriors would beat them in a playoff and the Warriors were the 6 seed in the West!!

So yes, the Heat could very well lose a game because they played down to the level of their competition.

The Heat went 1-2 against them this season and they also remembered how tough Indy was last year in the playoffs. There won't be any playing down to competition here. You don't play down to competition in the conference finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat went 1-2 against them this season and they also remembered how tough Indy was last year in the playoffs. There won't be any playing down to competition here. You don't play down to competition in the conference finals.

Perhaps not, but that doesn't change the possibility!! If the Heat are fully engaged in every single game of the ECF, then I think that your prediction of the Heat in 5 will be the likely outcome.

I think the Pacers get 1 game because of their advantage inside and defense. But, if the Heat do as they have done all along and play to the level of their competition, then the Pacers will grab 1 more game from them.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was the person that suggested the Warriors would beat them. I stand by that impossible to prove point. I think Pacers/Warriors are about same skill level, a series with them two would be great. Probably 7 games, I give the edge to the Warriors because of Steph (healthy Steph, of course).

Heat in 5. Over both of those teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was the person that suggested the Warriors would beat them. I stand by that impossible to prove point. I think Pacers/Warriors are about same skill level, a series with them two would be great. Probably 7 games, I give the edge to the Warriors because of Steph (healthy Steph, of course).

Heat in 5. Over both of those teams.

Yeah and there were a couple of others who agreed with you, if memory serves.

I agree, I think the Heat should take care of the Pacers in 5!! But they do have that tendency to play to the level of the competition at least once during a series. The difference is whether or not the team that they are playing is good enough to take advantage.

They did it against the Bucks, but the Bucks weren't good enough to seal the deal in any game. They did it a couple of times vs. the Bulls, but only paid for it once.

If they do it vs. the Pacers it's likely to turn what should be a 5 game series into a 6 game series. I think that will happen at least once and that the Pacers are good enough to make them pay.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooooo We going to get the best out of the HEAT!!!!

Frank Vogel referring to the Heat as "just the next team". Last time the opposing team opened their mouths was the Bucks, they got swept so quick the Heat were out of shape for their next series.

Heat in 4.5.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty interesting that the 3 other teams left can take the Heat to 7. The formula is 1 or more scoring/rebounding bigs and a good to great wing player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty interesting that the 3 other teams left can take the Heat to 7. The formula is 1 or more scoring/rebounding bigs and a good to great wing player.

Hadn't thought of that!! Good points!! Basically, the teams that are left are teams that are built for the way the game is played in the playoffs!!

The Heat aren't exactly "built for the playoffs", but they can get away with it for the same reason that the 90's Bulls were able to. They have the best player in the game, another great player, some depth and while they are not great in the middle, they are adequate.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat aren't exactly "built for the playoffs", but they can get away with it for the same reason that the 90's Bulls were able to. They have the best player in the game, another great player, some depth and while they are not great in the middle, they are adequate.

I think that the Heat not being built for the playoffs was true last year but this year they have the Birdman. The Bulls also had serviceable conventional centers during their run.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1998 the Heat have the 3rd best winning% in the playoffs....Pretty good for a "bad franchise" as some ppl like to call us

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1998 the Heat have the 3rd best winning% in the playoffs....Pretty good for a "bad franchise" as some ppl like to call us

Well, that is to be expected when you get two rings and another trip to the finals. But in those other years there were 6 first round losses and 3 missed playoffs. The winning % is bolstered by the 3-2 and 4-3 first round losses not looking bad percentage wise, but they are still first round losses.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NBA had any say in the outcome of games the Pacers wouldn't be playing the Heat.

A Knicks/Heat ECF is probably what the league really wanted

the NBA doesn't care who the Heat play only that the Heat win

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NBA doesn't care who the Heat play only that the Heat win

I guess the Mavs and all of the official involved didn't get the memo 2 years ago?

Why would anyone waste their time watching the NBA if they thought in any way that the outcome is predetermined.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Mavs and all of the official involved didn't get the memo 2 years ago?

Why would anyone waste their time watching the NBA if they thought in any way that the outcome is predetermined.

i watch professional wrestling

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if the NFL is amazing at making up story lines out of nothing or if they are really good at hiding what they do behind the scenes to ensure crazy story lines. #scary

I know games are fixed on every level but that is for gambling purposes. I doubt the League fixes games...mostly doubt that.