• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading to Los Angeles

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are trying our best here to keep it civil. My mantra from the jump has been this. St Louis,LA,Boise,Baton Rouge,London,Abu Dhabi.... it does not matter. ALL RAMS ALL DAY, WHEREVER THEY PLAY!

This is the way I feel. I live in NJ, have always lived in NJ and have been a Rams fan since 1970 (born in 1965). This being said, I can see how any St. Louis guys would be really pissed and find a new team if the Rams scramble away.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure there is finding a new team. It would just be treating the NFL like the NBA. A fun sport once the playoffs roll around.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one characteristic I have noticed about TRUE Rams fans. They will follow the Rams no matter where they call home.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one characteristic I have noticed about TRUE Rams fans. They will follow the Rams no matter where they call home.

:agree::agree::agree:

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fool supports institutions that don't support their local economy, their friends, their family, their own employment, etc.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fool supports institutions that don't support their local economy, their friends, their family, their own employment, etc.

But if the institution moves are they then not supporting their NEW local economy, etc.?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since 1978 my friends, Blue and Gold til I am dead and cold.

Originally Posted by Retroram52

Sorry Clayton, your logic is flawed. IF the Rams move, they will indeed support the LA economy, their friends, their family, their own employment. The Rams moving to LA does not effect me or you personally in any way. In fact, even the people who work at the Dome would not be effected. They would still have the same jobs they had, just for different events and probably more. The only folks who might be effected are the ones who work at Rams Park as contractors. All the office folk there are Rams employees and will be paid to move if they choose (which I would by the way if I was in their position).

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly stated Commish!

Well did you EXPECT anything else?? :whistle:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the institution moves are they then not supporting their NEW local economy, etc.?
Of course. But I guess Im not that magnanimous. If I was, I'd be an Arizona Cardinals fan. And there would be no such thing as Baltimore Ravens fans because they'd all be Colts fans.

There has always been tensions on message boards between the LA crowd and the STL crowd. ESPN was the worst with guys like Larbert and Radiohead going back and forth (although the STL guy actually moved to CA IIRC). There is no such thing as a fake Rams fan. If you are a Rams fan right now, you are a TRUE fan. There is no bandwagon right now and if Kroenke screws the city over then I don't feel like I need to support the team anymore.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. But I guess Im not that magnanimous. If I was, I'd be an Arizona Cardinals fan. And there would be no such thing as Baltimore Ravens fans because they'd all be Colts fans.

There has always been tensions on message boards between the LA crowd and the STL crowd. ESPN was the worst with guys like Larbert and Radiohead going back and forth (although the STL guy actually moved to CA IIRC). There is no such thing as a fake Rams fan. If you are a Rams fan right now, you are a TRUE fan. There is no bandwagon right now and if Kroenke screws the city over then I don't feel like I need to support the team anymore.

:agree: This is something we can not be accused of!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be a little bit of a bandwagon for the defense, but that would be it.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no bandwagon right now and if Kroenke screws the city over then I don't feel like I need to support the team anymore.

Based on that logic, you are a fan of the city of St Louis (not that it is a problem) and not the Rams. I get it, you probably were born and raised here. I was born in So Cal, but I have moved all over the country in my life chasing the brass ring in the radio business. Every place I have lived, even in cities that had NFL teams, I was a RAMS fan. Even living here in St Louis, I bleed DODGER BLUE. My mom was from Brooklyn and I am from So Cal. I have ZERO issue with you being a fan of your city. But to say that you would not root for a team if they left is ridiculous. If they are your team, they are your team. Like I said, walk around the Dome on a Cards/Rams game day and you will see PLENTY of people wearing Big Red gear.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, if the DeWitt's decided that they wanted to move the Cards to Las Vegas, would you stop rooting for them?? What about if Stillman moved the Blues to Seattle??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, if the DeWitt's decided that they wanted to move the Cards to Las Vegas, would you stop rooting for them?? What about if Stillman moved the Blues to Seattle??
If you're a STL Rams fan of a certain age, you have already made this decision at least once already choosing the Rams over the Arizona Cardinals. I have met some guys who are both Rams fans and Cardinals fans and thats a bit...weird but for the most part you take the team that you have.

I'm actually not a Blues fan at all and Id probably be a Cardinals fan if they moved to China but thats because I know they never would.

The reality is that if the Rams move, you'll be seeing a lot of Mizzou gear, Illini gear and Ohio St gear in STL and the rest of the state will be Chiefs fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quit trying to make me cry. Your threating my childhood goddamit! :gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams owner Stan Kroenke is planning an extravagant Inglewood stadium sent shockwaves through NFL circles, but -- according to those with direct knowledge of the proceedings -- was met with quiet applause at the league office, which has been waiting for a powerful plan like this one to get behind. And despite St. Louis and Missouri officials responding quickly with their own stadium vision, the momentum here has very clearly shifted west.

The bottom line is, this L.A. proposal is not like its predecessors. It's the first led by a team owner, blowing up the league's long-held belief that juggling the task of running a team with managing such a project in the nation's second biggest city would be too big a burden. It's on the largest plot of land of any of the proposed L.A. sites. It's in a more desirable end of the region. It's to be privately funded by a man who can afford it.

It's not done, of course. But the idea that the Rams could be playing at the Rose Bowl, L.A. Coliseum or Dodger Stadium in 2016 and 2017 and in Kroenke's new Southern California football palace in 2018 is not at all far-fetched. In fact, it's trending toward becoming a likelihood.
:nod: