• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I are excited to go to the middle of Iowa and have Thanksgiving with family. This year, the Iowa Contingent is playing host. Next year Thanksgiving will be in Lincoln. 2015, the year Nebraska contends for the National Championship, it is back at out place.

We are a total of around 30-40 people for Thanksgiving. Then on Friday, we eat leftovers, watch football, play (Scrabble, Balderdash, Risk) drink wine, go to a movie.

Most of us are Nebraska fans since we grew up in Omaha, but there will be a couple of Iowa fans in attendance. Some are also apathetic and don't understand why we get so excited about football.

I remember talking to the sister in law in 1994/1995, she said she had never seen her husband so happy as when Nebraska beat Miami. Not even the birth of their kids gave him that amount of joy. Yes, she is one of the apathetic ones.

I baked four dozen cookies yesterday, tonight I am baking four Berry Tarts to take over. My wife is going to bake a sour cream apple pie that is delicious and just about always raved about at events, and she is making a pumpkin pie. I am also bringing six bottles of wine.

Just wanted to get this out before I was doing a mad scramble later on today, tonight, and tomorrow.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stfu:

And get your pickem's in.

PS: Happy Thanksgiving

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I are excited to go to the middle of Iowa and have Thanksgiving with family. This year, the Iowa Contingent is playing host. Next year Thanksgiving will be in Lincoln. 2015, the year Nebraska contends for the National Championship, it is back at out place.

We are a total of around 30-40 people for Thanksgiving. Then on Friday, we eat leftovers, watch football, play (Scrabble, Balderdash, Risk) drink wine, go to a movie.

Most of us are Nebraska fans since we grew up in Omaha, but there will be a couple of Iowa fans in attendance. Some are also apathetic and don't understand why we get so excited about football.

I remember talking to the sister in law in 1994/1995, she said she had never seen her husband so happy as when Nebraska beat Miami. Not even the birth of their kids gave him that amount of joy. Yes, she is one of the apathetic ones.

I baked four dozen cookies yesterday, tonight I am baking four Berry Tarts to take over. My wife is going to bake a sour cream apple pie that is delicious and just about always raved about at events, and she is making a pumpkin pie. I am also bringing six bottles of wine.

Just wanted to get this out before I was doing a mad scramble later on today, tonight, and tomorrow.
-------
Just curious. What High school did you attend?

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

okay, I'm curious about the sour cream apple pie. you got the recipe for that? sounds awesome.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, I'm curious about the sour cream apple pie. you got the recipe for that? sounds awesome.

1 9 inch pastry shell, she uses Pillsbury store bought crusts.
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Large EGG, slightly beaten(bust yoke and stir it up until mixed)
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup WHITE Sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup of Flour
2 lbs Granny Smith Apples(peeled, cored, thinly sliced 1/4" to 1/8") She loves her apple corer/peeler for this

Put pastry shell in your favorite pie pan

Warm oven to 425 degrees

Peel, core, and thinly slice your apples

Mix Sour cream, egg, vanilla, sugar, salt, and flour in large bowl

Stir until well blended then mix in the THINLY sliced apples slices

Mix that up trying not to break the apple slices.

Pour into pastry shell and put in the oven for 10 MINUTES at 425 degrees

10 MINUTES ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Turn oven down to 350 degrees

bake for another 30 minutes.

While this is baking you now need to make the TOPPING

6 Tablespoons of BUTTER(salted or unsalted) that is 3/4 of a stick of BUTTER
1/3 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons of unsweetened Cinnamon
3/4 cups Walnuts or Pecans (peanut allergies eliminate this)

Blend the topping ingredients with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

Get pie out of oven, leave oven ON

SPOON(be gentle, don't pour) topping onto pie

Put back into the oven at 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes to 20 minutes(until the filling is bubbly)

There you go. After an hour it is done.

The pie is really good warm. Some vanilla ice cream can be used as can some whipped cream if you want. But try it by itself first.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm gonna try that recipe. Looks pretty easy. Hopefully my family won't look at me funny all those times i go DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!

Much thanks dude.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck?

Ames, Iowa is frigid. There is snow on the ground, there are snow piles from snow plows, and it is not above 25 degrees. The parking lots have ICE on them.

I like winter, but not on Thanksgiving. Much warmer over there on the other side of the Mississippi River.

The family get together has been hammered by sudden illnesses. People being admitted to hospitals yesterday. What was 30 or so might reach 15 or 12 or 11. Currently, we are at eight. It sucks to get phone calls from people that are crying and apologizing for not being able to make it because they are in/at the hospital.

Listening to the weather, it sound like Nebraska and western Iowa are getting a blizzard next week.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving. One thing for sure, we have PLENTY of food if there are only eight of us.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your Thanksgiving gets a little happier sir. Also please dont be using that b word in conjunction with Nebraska weather. Happy Turkey day HIBT:suds:

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
544934647_1917792.gif

Everyone.

HIBT, sorry to hear about the illnesses; I hope all recover and are up & at'em in no time.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Thanksgiving all, yesterday my daughters helped me bake pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting and pumpkin pies. We have my wife's clan over here every year. I make my turkey Czech style with potato dumplings and sour kraut. It is smelling pretty good in the house right now.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope erbody is having a great thanksgiving, 36" snow base in Teluride kicked my ass today, but the packers got whooped on so that makes it a special day

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope erbody is having a great thanksgiving, 36" snow base in Teluride kicked my ass today, but the packers got whooped on so that makes it a special day

Why you be runnin down my Packers Lou?:noidea:

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aaron Rogers hurt does cripple the packers

buuuuuuut

that Reggie Bush was on fiiire today

and so was Stafford and his receiving crew

all in all it was a good game ta watch -----after gettin stuffed at the table

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3