• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hamhuis

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being reported that Dan Hamhuis' agent, Wade Arnott, is a seeking a four-year $16-million contract for the newest Flyers' defenseman.

What's the verdict on this? They'll most likely front-load the deal, but I don't particularly see a problem with a $4 million per year cap hit for him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st things first i should write for them.. my cap break-down in the 'first ever thread' breaks it down to be exactly what they did.. go me.

also i expected hamhuis would get about 4 on the open market.. i was hoping a little less if we got him signed before july 1st.. but i'd still pay 4.. i was also pegging coburn at 2.8, right at the edge of the next compensation bracket, forcing teams to offer over that limit and cost them a 1st and 3rd.. it only saves 200k from their prediction, but every dollar counts..

carcillo, asham, and powe are the 3 UFA forwards we have, as far as i'm concerned we only NEED to sign 1 of the 3.. 1 had to be a scratch, and i think nodl can do the job for cheaper.. not to mention we have a few prospects that are supposed to have a shot at the big club this season

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st things first i should write for them.. my cap break-down in the 'first ever thread' breaks it down to be exactly what they did.. go me.

also i expected hamhuis would get about 4 on the open market.. i was hoping a little less if we got him signed before july 1st.. but i'd still pay 4.. i was also pegging coburn at 2.8, right at the edge of the next compensation bracket, forcing teams to offer over that limit and cost them a 1st and 3rd.. it only saves 200k from their prediction, but every dollar counts..

carcillo, asham, and powe are the 3 UFA forwards we have, as far as i'm concerned we only NEED to sign 1 of the 3.. 1 had to be a scratch, and i think nodl can do the job for cheaper.. not to mention we have a few prospects that are supposed to have a shot at the big club this season

Provided we have the space, I would try to sign Powe (for his PK), and Ash (for his energy). I was never a Carcillo fan, and he certainly shouldn't be wasting a spot on the top line next year -- there wouldn't be many tears shed if he went on his way.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provided we have the space, I would try to sign Powe (for his PK), and Ash (for his energy). I was never a Carcillo fan, and he certainly shouldn't be wasting a spot on the top line next year -- there wouldn't be many tears shed if he went on his way.

Resigning Powe for his PK potential is pretty much un-nessecary now. This season we had Betts, Lappy, Ritchie. Gags & Giroux all killing penalties as well if not better then Powe did. I think his return depends solely on what role the Flyers see him developing into, there was talk before about him being capable of being a 20 goal scorer whether or not he does ever develop into that or not he is defensively sound and he does fit our checking line perfectly .

I would resign Carcillo over Asham(in fact I'd trade asham for a used bag of pucks). Carcillo plays with much more energy and heart, on top of the fact that he drives other teams crazy at time(look to Avery for a matured version), however you are correct he is not a first line player and that shit drove me crazy. Asham in the playoffs looked like a lost child most of the time just skating in circles, coughing the puck up and watching people skate by him when he should be throwing the body.

A much better idea would be that Homer resign none of the 3 and see if he can swing getting Buifflyn(spelling?) in here and giving us more net presence, especially with the rumor floating around about the Flyers looking to trade out on of our top 6 forwards(most notably Carter and Hartnell if he waives his NTC).

I think a lot has to do with what Homer does for a goalie, overpaying for an old vet like Turco or Nabakov would be a huge mistake in my mind. Signing a 2 mill a year guy like Ellis or bringing Nitty back wouldn't really be too much of a huge upgrade in my mind. Trading for a young prospect like Bernier would be my personal favorite because of his huge upside which WHEN he fully developes will make him a top teir net minder.

Just my .02

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats a good deal as far as i'm concerned. I'm getting pretty impatient. Get a deal done!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually surprised he is only asking four years and four mil per. He either really wants to play in Philly or his agent does not know what leverage is.

or maybe he's not a greedy piece of shit who needs all the money in the world to be happy?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning Powe for his PK potential is pretty much un-necessary now. This season we had Betts, Lappy, Ritchie. Gags & Giroux all killing penalties as well if not better then Powe did. I think his return depends solely on what role the Flyers see him developing into, there was talk before about him being capable of being a 20 goal scorer whether or not he does ever develop into that or not he is defensively sound and he does fit our checking line perfectly .

I would resign Carcillo over Asham(in fact I'd trade asham for a used bag of pucks). Carcillo plays with much more energy and heart, on top of the fact that he drives other teams crazy at time(look to Avery for a matured version), however you are correct he is not a first line player and that shit drove me crazy. Asham in the playoffs looked like a lost child most of the time just skating in circles, coughing the puck up and watching people skate by him when he should be throwing the body.

A much better idea would be that Homer resign none of the 3 and see if he can swing getting Buifflyn(spelling?) in here and giving us more net presence, especially with the rumor floating around about the Flyers looking to trade out on of our top 6 forwards(most notably Carter and Hartnell if he waives his NTC).

I think a lot has to do with what Homer does for a goalie, overpaying for an old vet like Turco or Nabakov would be a huge mistake in my mind. Signing a 2 mill a year guy like Ellis or bringing Nitty back wouldn't really be too much of a huge upgrade in my mind. Trading for a young prospect like Bernier would be my personal favorite because of his huge upside which WHEN he fully developes will make him a top teir net minder.

Just my .02

Great post. I don't agree about Buttfucklin (Byfuglien), but a great post none the less. :D

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if it does not get done weds i will be worried.

Supposedly Homer said that he and Arnott will be meeting at the draft to talk more. So I don't expect this to happen this week. If it does happen at all, it'll probably be right before Free Agency begins.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching Sportsnet right now??

They had a little interview with Homer today, but I missed it because little Tox started throwing up all over himself and his crib.

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone watching Sportsnet right now??

They had a little interview with Homer today, but I missed it because little Tox started throwing up all over himself and his crib.

Hopefully little Tox didn't hear that Hamhuis wasn't signing with the Flyers...which caused him to spew in the first place.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaah....he's got faithin homer o get this shit ironed out! :)

He has some kind of chest infection that's causing him to have a lot of Flem, which builds up and sours the stomach causing projectile vomiting.

Nice, right?

We'll be at the pediatricians office with him at 9am tomorrow.

Thanks for asking HG.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i saw the interview.

here is how it went. they asked about picking up a goalie. he said the goalie is just another position and he talked about the draft and free agency. no mention of leighton.

they asked about the draft and how they might make a move and he said they will explore all options.

then they asked about the carter rumors and he said that a 6 foot 3 center is rare and that he has not been shopping carter. then he asked if carter could possibly be traded. homer said anything is possible although i got the impression that they do not want to trade him.

as far as hamhuis goes, i think they want to have him signed before the draft. i have also heard homer quoted as to saying he wanted to re sign carter.

i feel like the flyers will sign hamhuis and coburn and just sign a free agent like ellis.