• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guice to miss time with injury..get ready AP

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not hire none our coaches for head coach

OK. That being the case then you can't also say that they should fire Gruden during the season. Coaches fired midseason are almost all replaced by someone on the current staff. It almost has to be that way. Where else are you going to find a replacement head coach during the season? Other team's head coaches & assistants are not available & ditto for high profile college coaches. Even retired high profile coaches are usually committed to some type of media job.

Make up your mind on this one.

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SNYDER: Injury forces Gruden’s hand, not his heart, on Peterson

Not sure if this article is accurate. If so OMG. Apparently Gruden wanted to cut AP & since he didn't get his way he took the next step & made him inactive & considered doing this for future games (which will be tough in near future because of Guice's injury).

Is this guy trying to get fired? How do you trivialize a player who was your offensive MVP last season? Perhaps AP isn't the answer to their woes but honestly does he believe that AP is of no real value to the team? Very discouraging if there is any truth to this.

Gruden sealed his fate by sitting AP. Now it is truly playoffs or goodbye. Watched Gruden on Redskins 100 and he looked like a dead man walking. I got the impression he knows he is done and is now just going thru the motions. No passion at all, just real matter of fact as if what was happening was out of his control.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden sealed his fate by sitting AP. Now it is truly playoffs or goodbye. Watched Gruden on Redskins 100 and he looked like a dead man walking. I got the impression he knows he is done and is now just going thru the motions. No passion at all, just real matter of fact as if what was happening was out of his control.

i think it was playoffs or bust anyway

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end does it help with wins this year ?
No, its not really about the wins this year. More about development and finding more talent and finding the right people, putting them into place to develop the talent. That's not Gruden & Co.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. That being the case then you can't also say that they should fire Gruden during the season. Coaches fired midseason are almost all replaced by someone on the current staff. It almost has to be that way. Where else are you going to find a replacement head coach during the season? Other team's head coaches & assistants are not available & ditto for high profile college coaches. Even retired high profile coaches are usually committed to some type of media job.

Make up your mind on this one.

I think I read where the first head coach who was fired last season was fired after Week 8. I'm not sure that Gruden will last that long this season. But then again, who knows what Snyder might do since he always seems to push the wrong buttons. All I know is that Vegas has Gruden heavily favored to be the first head coach to be fired this season.

Jay Gruden +300
Pat Shurmur +700
Matt Patricia +1000
Bill O'Brien +1200
Dan Quinn +1200

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jay Gruden - as an offensive coordinator.
I want to like Jay Gruden - as a head coach.

I DON'T like the fact that he doesn't seem to make very good, or possibly ANY half-time adjustments.

I DON'T like the fact that he can't seem to find a defensive coordinator who calls a good game, has his troops ready, and gets the redskins ready to run through a wall for him.

The last time I saw any of that from the redskins defense that I can recall is when Gregg Williams coached the team, and London Fletcher was patrolling the middle.

Firing somebody mid season means the season is lost.

Then again, going 0-3 in the division pretty much means the same thing.

The Eagles game is a game the redskins should have won.
The Cowboys are beatable.
The Giants are a bad team.
Even the Bears looked bad last year.

The Patriots is a guaranteed loss for the Redskins. They might as well rest their starters.

These next four games are telling....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its not really about the wins this year. More about development and finding more talent and finding the right people, putting them into place to develop the talent. That's not Gruden & Co.

i beg to differ , he was right on a few of his personnel choices

and putting a bunch of interim coaches here wont amount to shit

sorry but one week into this i am not near ready to pull that trigger

talk to me when we are eliminated

until then i think i will let it play out before laying on my ass with my legs upright quitting on the team before anything has really started

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i beg to differ , he was right on a few of his personnel choices

and putting a bunch of interim coaches here wont amount to shit

sorry but one week into this i am not near ready to pull that trigger

talk to me when we are eliminated

until then i think i will let it play out before laying on my ass with my legs upright quitting on the team before anything has really started
Not sure what your rambling about, I said we can wait until year end to kick Gruden to the curb. Look, this season will be a wash, Gruden & Co will be fired, and we can start fresh next year with Haskins & Co. I'm hoping we find the right coach for these young players we currently have. I'm certainly back on the Josh McDaniels hype train.
And please dad, no visuals man....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your rambling about, I said we can wait until year end to kick Gruden to the curb. Look, this season will be a wash, Gruden & Co will be fired, and we can start fresh next year with Haskins & Co. I'm hoping we find the right coach for these young players we currently have. I'm certainly back on the Josh McDaniels hype train.
And please dad, no visuals man....

i have no evidence that after one game that its a wash . could it be ? yes definitely , but after 1 game i am not going to roll over like a bitch and call it quits

sorry i have a little more fortitude then that

we lost a game we could have won , thats a fact , however it was a game we were expected to lose

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are one of the best halftime adjusting teams in the league. Pederson is a master at it.

Y'all put up a good fight on the road. Y'all need to chill and then beat the fucking cowboys. AP will be ready.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the inevitable will happen as you state above. And yes, I had a week 1 loss. The collapse is a reminder our coaching staff is still intact. We are young, I am optimistic of the talent we are starting to assemble. Patience is a virtue, not sure I have much more left. Plus, a bunch of coaching moves now/middle/later of season will provide confirmation of what everyone thinks of the organization present day.

this is what i amd rambling about . changing anything in the above scenario is what i am talking about . ALL involve this season in YOUR words not mine

and there are others that have advocated the same thing

again advocating something be done this season BEFORE we are officially eliminated from playoff contender is a disservice to the current roster and this fan base and a totally KNEE JERK reaction that just makes the situation worse

yes manusky sucks , i get it but it isnt like ryan has burned up the NFL with his defenses . that is just change for the sake of change leading to nowhere

my suggestion for you and the henny pennies (not you so you know ) is to wait awhile before you panic and head for the hills . we lost a battle but the war is still up for grabs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are one of the best halftime adjusting teams in the league. Pederson is a master at it.

Y'all put up a good fight on the road. Y'all need to chill and then beat the fucking cowboys. AP will be ready.

i am trying there buddy but these guys have no heart at all , none . its one damn game

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP was a true HOF professional about it. Also a class act teammate to Guice after the injury. AP I'm sure was here with good intentions and to play with his best friend. Now, I believe he is only here to break records. Thanks Jay!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including Guice thus far the Redskins have a terrible track record with 2nd rd picks. Won't be a problem this season since they traded their 2nd rounder. Go back & check their 2nd rounders from the last 20+ years & you will see they either didn't have a 2nd rounder or made a pick that didn't work out well for whatever reason (there are a few exceptions like P. Smith, Jansen, etc).

Pretty crazy - then again their overall drafting has been horrendous during this time but appears to be getting better - we will see.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3