• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guice to miss time with injury..get ready AP

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but Gruden has to go. Enough already. Healthy scratch/bench AP, you F'n dick!!! That is exactly what Moses and teammates are thinking. I'm guessing the fan base right about now wouldn't mind O'Connell being named HC and Ryan taking over DC duties. I know I wouldn't. We are NOT ready to make that playoff push just yet but want O'Connell in place now so that next year we are ready, prepared and have the right people in place to make it happen. Bye-bye Gruden!!!
What exactly was Ryan’s record as DC?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom flags? LOL. Are you actually trying to blame the refs for that embarrassing performance in the 2nd half? Get real. That 2nd half was totally on the Redskins players & coaches & of course the Eagles who - you may find this hard to believe - are paid to win & have a very good team.

Well said!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal scenario apart from competing for a playoff spot is the Redskins bottom out and get a top 3 pick, but Haskins shows real promise. Someone gives us everything for.our pick so they can take one of the three QBs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter dad, Manusky has to go and who cares who replaces him. It will be an upgrade imo.
It doesn't matter dad, Manusky has to go and who cares who replaces him. It will be an upgrade imo.
The answer is his defenses have been awful and are the reason he is a LB coach for us . Now give me a decent name like Bowles and we can talk but half cocked half baked. Solutions should be off the table

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal scenario apart from competing for a playoff spot is the Redskins bottom out and get a top 3 pick, but Haskins shows real promise. Someone gives us everything for.our pick so they can take one of the three QBs.
Well let’s all about that after week 5 .

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exclusive: JP Finlay sits down with Jay Gruden after Redskins Week 1 loss

Interview today with Gruden. None of this inspires me & I guess - right or wrong - this is what kind of irritates me about this guy. There never seems to be a sense of urgency & he almost seems to be content with mediocrity or worse.

I also don't understand his comment that "Guice is back 1 & AP is 1A". Guice may thrive over time but what exactly has he done to warrant this reputation? He has played a handful of times in preseason & never played in the regular season until Sun. It may not have been his fault, but he did nothing to distinguish himself on Sun. Why does Gruden put him above AP? Has Guice had the best Redskin practices ever? I realize that AP is getting up there, but jeez he was their offensive MVP last season. At worst he should be on the same level as Guice at this time. That might change later in the season (I hope it does since it will mean that Guice is contributing).

Gruden just appears to be in this mode where he is more concerned about doing things his way then I don't know - say winning. Frustrating.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SNYDER: Injury forces Gruden’s hand, not his heart, on Peterson

Not sure if this article is accurate. If so OMG. Apparently Gruden wanted to cut AP & since he didn't get his way he took the next step & made him inactive & considered doing this for future games (which will be tough in near future because of Guice's injury).

Is this guy trying to get fired? How do you trivialize a player who was your offensive MVP last season? Perhaps AP isn't the answer to their woes but honestly does he believe that AP is of no real value to the team? Very discouraging if there is any truth to this.

I've got a feeling that Gruden will be doing a lot of strange things as time goes on to try to save his job. My question is how can AP even have the heart to play for a head coach who doesn't respect him?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is his defenses have been awful and are the reason he is a LB coach for us . Now give me a decent name like Bowles and we can talk but half cocked half baked. Solutions should be off the table
WTF are you talking about? Gruden and Manusky have (ARE) going and for sure by years end. Don't sit here and defend Manusky dad, he absolutely F'n sucks as a coordinator. Do you not recall a coach mutiny? Tomsula didn't want to come back. Rob Ryan has forgotten more about defense than Manusky will ever know. Hire Ryan, bring in Rex as a consultant and carry on. BTW, Ryan is a coach for us because Rex is out of football. Bowles while not available, will NEVER come here again after last years supposed interview.
The problem with this team is, they have no solutions!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? Gruden and Manusky have (ARE) going and for sure by years end. Don't sit here and defend Manusky dad, he absolutely F'n sucks as a coordinator. Do you not recall a coach mutiny? Tomsula didn't want to come back. Rob Ryan has forgotten more about defense than Manusky will ever know. Hire Ryan, bring in Rex as a consultant and carry on. BTW, Ryan is a coach for us because Rex is out of football. Bowles while not available, will NEVER come here again after last years supposed interview.
The problem with this team is, they have no solutions!
All are half cocked / knee jerk reactions over one football game . A game mind you, you said we would lose . So you advocate firing manusky right now so Ryan can run manusky’s system or we get the whole Shabang of growing pains learning Ryan’s system for the next 15 games and the fan will be happy with quitting on the season after one game ?

No one is defending manusky . My question is why do it now ? To save the season ?!? Really !?! I think we should let the season play out before we go to stupidville , why you ask ?

Because if Gruden sucks ( not really if ) and manusky sucks then the record will in fact reflect that

So the only reason you believe making a change now that makes sense is if you think we make the playoffs with said changes

Now convince me we will and I am on board with the changes

But rarely does in season coaching changes work

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting to here what makes O'Connell so appealing?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All are half cocked / knee jerk reactions over one football game . A game mind you, you said we would lose . So you advocate firing manusky right now so Ryan can run manusky’s system or we get the whole Shabang of growing pains learning Ryan’s system for the next 15 games and the fan will be happy with quitting on the season after one game ?

No one is defending manusky . My question is why do it now ? To save the season ?!? Really !?! I think we should let the season play out before we go to stupidville , why you ask ?

Because if Gruden sucks ( not really if ) and manusky sucks then the record will in fact reflect that

So the only reason you believe making a change now that makes sense is if you think we make the playoffs with said changes

Now convince me we will and I am on board with the changes

But rarely does in season coaching changes work
Look, the inevitable will happen as you state above. And yes, I had a week 1 loss. The collapse is a reminder our coaching staff is still intact. We are young, I am optimistic of the talent we are starting to assemble. Patience is a virtue, not sure I have much more left. Plus, a bunch of coaching moves now/middle/later of season will provide confirmation of what everyone thinks of the organization present day.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the inevitable will happen as you state above. And yes, I had a week 1 loss. The collapse is a reminder our coaching staff is still intact. We are young, I am optimistic of the talent we are starting to assemble. Patience is a virtue, not sure I have much more left. Plus, a bunch of coaching moves now/middle/later of season will provide confirmation of what everyone thinks of the organization present day.
In the end does it help with wins this year ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting to here what makes O'Connell so appealing?
He is young guy , did well with our qb fiasco last year . I think he is a Mcvay type . I think he will open up the offense

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not hire none our coaches for head coach