• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Things Happening to Good People

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Real Life Sucks thread for bad things that happen, and a thread for how Cheaters Always Prosper for Ben Simmons, I mean, for when people get what they want by doing something other than just playing hard (holding out does not always fall under this category). So I felt that I should have one for good things.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder why they didn't want to stay with Steve Nash.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he prospering?

He wanted out of Philadelphia, so he got out of Philadelphia by moaping, resting, exaggerating injuries and holding out. I don’t think he sat with his teammates when he was “injured.” And he still wanted his money. If you weren’t so otherwise arrogant to not be able to acknowledge anyone else, being second place for rookie of the year, I don’t think I would care to hold it against him. but don’t be fake confident, fake, tough, and then be selfish without support of your teammates, and then claimed that they didn’t support you and then still want money. He got all that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think he held it together as well as Jacque Vaughn did, though they didn’t know that of course at the time, and I don’t know if some other available coaches besides Vaughn would be better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he prospering?

And I know you were maybe referring to Vaughn prospering, and if he is prospering, he’s a cheater? No, you can prosper either as a cheater or as an honest man. Or I suppose, both at different times in one’s life.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Steve Nash didn’t want to be there? Maybe it is easier for a team to let go of a coach so that the coach can then go look for another job at another time. But if Nash publicly said he didn’t want to be there, maybe other teams will question where they should hire him as a coach. Nash was not experienced as a coach, and I don’t know if he became an assistant somewhere or not. I think I would’ve seen that if he did. Maybe it was like how Indianapolis Colts hired Jeff Saturday, despite never having coached at any level in the NFL before. I don’t think they had a race issue like they did in the NFL, but Steve Nash definitely jumped up the list because of how he was as a player and not for coaching reasons.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Steve Nash didn’t want to be there? Maybe it is easier for a team to let go of a coach so that the coach can then go look for another job at another time. But if Nash publicly said he didn’t want to be there, maybe other teams will question where they should hire him as a coach. Nash was not experienced as a coach, and I don’t know if he became an assistant somewhere or not. I think I would’ve seen that if he did. Maybe it was like how Indianapolis Colts hired Jeff Saturday, despite never having coached at any level in the NFL before. I don’t think they had a race issue like they did in the NFL, but Steve Nash definitely jumped up the list because of how he was as a player and not for coaching reasons.
He didn't have any previous coaching experience.

I think some position players, like PGs in the NBA, and catchers in the MLB, think that their position demanded so much leadership as a player, that their experience as players are enough to coach without being an assistant.

I guess if he didn't want to be there, I'm wondering if he still wants to coach again.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have any previous coaching experience.

I meant after being fired as head coach, but I think he didn’t go back. I am a point guard fan enough that I would’ve noticed. I’ve been meaning to look on how Jason Kidd is doing.

I really wish that the referees had known what he was doing when he asked his player to bump him. I think it would be funny if the referee told him to leave the bench and not communicate anything.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish that the referees had known what he was doing when he asked his player to bump him. I think it would be funny if the referee told him to leave the bench and not communicate anything.
Since you brought it up, can you post a clip of this, for reference?