• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good season anyway...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I truly hope that Reid and the brain trust actually LEARN from this and actually build on what we did this season and not fade away next season. we need to have a good off-season to improve this team and from the look of this game we also have to hope the coaching staff learns from this as well. we'll see how it goes, I guess...

Go Chiefs...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I truly hope that Reid and the brain trust actually LEARN from this and actually build on what we did this season and not fade away next season. we need to have a good off-season to improve this team and from the look of this game we also have to hope the coaching staff learns from this as well. we'll see how it goes, I guess...

Go Chiefs...
Missed opportunities. Fumbles, not taking advantage of excellent FP. Running a 4 minute drill offense down 14 points. Not punching it in. Some of these are resolved by just having a healthy Maclin to remove double coverage from Kelce, but Conley need to run tighter routes and uncover when there's a broken play. With that said, this team is really not at all far from winning a Super Bowl if they make the right moves in the offseason and learn from this game. I was one who was against drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds, but I may have to reconsider this position after watching Smith sit in the pocket for 5+ seconds looking for Avant to have semblance of separation on multiple occasions.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Niles Davis still had possession of the ball when they ruled he fumbled. He lost it a bit but re-pinned it against his side until he was down. I saw several times this year where a ball began coming out but wasn't a fumble because the runner still had some possession. If the refs ruled Martavis Bryant caught the TD pass a week ago then this was concrete possession.

Either way the Chiefs were really good this season and killed my Lions in London. Good luck next year.

And maybe next year in a similar spot Reid and coaches could speed up the play calling. The Chiefs effectively killed the clock with their last scoring drive. I was pulling for the Chiefs even though I'm not a fan but that slooooowwwwww clock management was painful to watch.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Niles Davis still had possession of the ball when they ruled he fumbled. He lost it a bit but re-pinned it against his side until he was down. I saw several times this year where a ball began coming out but wasn't a fumble because the runner still had some possession. If the refs ruled Martavis Bryant caught the TD pass a week ago then this was concrete possession.

Either way the Chiefs were really good this season and killed my Lions in London. Good luck next year.

And maybe next year in a similar spot Reid and coaches could speed up the play calling. The Chiefs effectively killed the clock with their last scoring drive. I was pulling for the Chiefs even though I'm not a fan but that slooooowwwwww clock management was painful to watch.
I have seen some funny business on fumbles/Possession you are describing myself, but I can't really say I thought it was not a fumble, myself. Something for the competition committee to discuss for sure.

I really don't understand why Reid/Pederson doesn't let Alex take more control of the offense in that situation myself. This shouldn't have to be babysitting like you'd have to with a college QB. That was a 4 minute drill drive as if they were up 7 instead of down 14. Absolutely baffling.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why Reid/Pederson doesn't let Alex take more control of the offense in that situation myself. This shouldn't have to be babysitting like you'd have to with a college QB. That was a 4 minute drill drive as if they were up 7 instead of down 14. Absolutely baffling.

Sorry. Questionable coaching is the hot topic in Detroit right now so I am noticing it....

And at the end of the first half the Chiefs have a 3rd and 1 in the red zone with like 40 seconds left, took a timeout, knew they were gonna run the ball for a 1st down and THEN spiked the ball after the first down. Reid should have called a 1st down play for after the run so they could take 3 shots at the end zone prior to the FG attempt. The spike wasted a good shot at a TD.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are on the right path. A couple bad bounces and an injured Maclin is why you aren't moving on. Next year those guys will probably have to come to Kansas City in the playoffs.

The offense really got a lot of development accomplished without Charles this year. He'll be back, they'll lighten his load, and he'll be firing in the playoffs. Maclin, Charles, Kelce is as good a group of weapons as anyone has. Alex Smith is a first down machine when he needs to be.