• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News and Bad News

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News:

• We're most definitely competitive with the Broncos and could conceivably beat them on a good day. And quite frankly, they are the biggest obstacle in front of KC and a SB appearance so that is a good sign.

• The 3-6 seeds in the AFC are all very beatable, even on the road, so not winning the division sucks, but not the worst thing in the world either.

• O-line and the offense in general is starting to get better seemingly every week.

• Alex Smith looks legit (Avatar homerism aside)

• Regular season schedule lightens back up for the final 4 games with the most difficult game being at home. Should be 4 wins in theory...

• AJ 'the lurker' Jenkins wasn't useless... profit.

Bad News:

• Defense looked like crap, but It was against Manning who makes just about every defense look like crap.

• Receivers 'choked' away several balls that could have helped us out by the end of the game (nobody will ever know for sure now, damn it)

• Playoffs on the road... {kinda pretty almost sure anyway} (lol if you think the 6 seed and KC is making it to the AFCCG)

• Need MOAR pass rush. Granted, it was Manning, but it better be back with a vengeance from here on out or there is going to be allot of questions for Mr. Sutton and the magical defensive collapse with no terribad offense to blame and talented players on Defense.

• Secondary can't handle big receivers --- like Denver's--- hardly at all in Man Coverage.. not as good a matchup as some of us hoped.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Cooper had a bad day and was exposed a bit, it's Smith i'm getting really pissed off with, either he dosen't wrap and tackle correctly or he's bitching and moaning about every little thing. IF they finally wrap up a playoff berth I don't know who i'd rather face, probably the Colts since Wayne is out and Richardson has been a bit of a bust. Who else would KC face than Indy as always?:whistle: Cincy would be a challenge with their passing attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Cooper had a bad day and was exposed a bit, it's Smith i'm getting really pissed off with, either he dosen't wrap and tackle correctly or he's bitching and moaning about every little thing. IF they finally wrap up a playoff berth I don't know who i'd rather face, probably the Colts since Wayne is out and Richardson has been a bit of a bust. Who else would KC face than Indy as always?:whistle: Cincy would be a challenge with their passing attack.

Tough choice, I would actually go with Indy as I think our secondary can handle their Receivers much better than I think would be the case against Cincy despite the seemingly inferior QB for Cincy. I also think the pass rush would be able to take advantage of what has been a very shaky pass protection for Mr. Luck.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was great to see another class Bronco/Chiefs slug fest. Have to say Alex Smith is impressing me more and more as I watch him. The guy definitely does not deserve his game manager title as he is so much more than that.

Come playoffs my guess is of the 3-6 seeds you are the one team nobody wants to play. Cincinnati is inconsistent, Indy seems like they are dying a slow death with injuries and inconsistency, and who knows who is going to be that 6th seed but every one of those teams have proven very little. So I am hoping that the Pats have to get you guys in the 2nd round at this point in the season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have i said THIS already...?

This board has been pretty pro Alex compared to some other sites. AP is awfully confused, seemingly all the alex haters all of the sudden are saying Alex is good and the defense sucks. Ugh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith on the drops: "I don't know if it does anything to our confidence," Smith said of the drops. "Those things are going to happen. It's my job just to keep throwing them. I certainly miss my fair share, as well. That's the nature of the passing game. You're striving for perfection and you would love to hit every single one, but it's not going to happen. I think, especially in the last few weeks, we have done a great job of just continuing to attack and take shots at times. I thought we did a good job of that tonight."

Kansas City Chiefs' offense offers silver lining amid losing streak - NFL.com

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last incompletion to Bowe eerily reminded me of 97' when Grbac threw an incompletion late in the Denver playoff game. Had no chance really.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last incompletion to Bowe eerily reminded me of 97' when Grbac threw an incompletion late in the Denver playoff game. Had no chance really.

On that last play, Smith looked frustrated more than disappointed/upset, like Bowe was supposed to go in front of the defender - which he hasn't done a few times this season, namely that first INT of the season and a few third down drops the next two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised. It was a trust play that Bowe could make. Bowe did it against SD, but here? Nope.

Everyone has their understanding of what a poor throw is. To me, it's only a poor throw if where Smith intended the ball was different than where the ball went. Otherwise, it's miscommunication, not adjusting the route, bad decision of where to throw it, combination of the above, etc. Smith had to adjust where the ball went based upon the defense and if so, it looked like he expected Bowe to do the same. Bowe either didn't adjust or did so in a manner Smith didn't anticipate.

Both the QB and WR need to know what the other is going to do, so blame is on both sides. Smith just looked like he was thinking, "every time!" He, of course, didn't yell or get after Bowe - so that could either be Smith being his usual professional self or goes against my idea.

I've seen Smith come up short before and usually he looks down or disappointed, this time he looked frustrated. Might read too much into it, but sports do have moments that reveal a player's reaction. They'll either get better or Smith won't trust him to beat his man.

Look at the pass to Vernon Davis in the Saints playoff game - Smith passed that ball to where it would be intercepted if Davis didn't beat his man in front of the coverage. He threw that well before VD turned inside.

But I don't know. I'm just hypthesizing based upon what I've watched. Not an expert, just an all-22 couch QB (lay-man).

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't necessarily a bad throw, just mistimed and the Denver CB had plenty of time to react. That's where they missed Fasano or better TE near the goalline.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we get Houston back this week which should theoretically alleviate some of the pressure of the secondary and boost the pass rush quite a bit. Not as many blitzes should be needed against respectable O-lines. Not happy about the sloppy play inflating point totals for both sides yesterday, but I suppose sloppy play is typical of that rivalry as of late.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we get Houston back this week which should theoretically alleviate some of the pressure of the secondary and boost the pass rush quite a bit. Not as many blitzes should be needed against respectable O-lines. Not happy about the sloppy play inflating point totals for both sides yesterday, but I suppose sloppy play is typical of that rivalry as of late.

Yeah, wasn't the prettiest of games, but i'll gladly take the result. Got a couple more games to hope we start worrying about what some of us thought wasn't gonna happen this season, the playoffs...:suds:

Before the season started i was kinda iffy even thinking about it...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stat of the day: The Chiefs are the 3rd best scoring team in the NFL at 28.5 points a game. Who is ahead of us? Chicago (29.0) and then a couple miles later is Denver (38.2). No, I am not trolling, this is real. Okay, I admit, we cheated, we count all 3 phases of the game to score.

2013 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Does this mean the offense is elite? Eh, no, but it shows the Chiefs have impact plays on all 3 phases which is always nice. The Saints for example have 0 points outside of the offense which hurts their ppg. Now, I don't expect something crazy like two kick returns for TD's + a pick 6 or something like that in the playoffs, but I do like the fact that the Chiefs seem to find themselves in a position to make these plays in the first place on defense and special teams regardless of the opposition. Hopefully we can get more 'splash' plays with Houston providing a pass rush that seems to work better with volume rather than as individuals. All of that, compounded with an offense starting to find itself makes me cautiously optimistic about the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stat of the day: The Chiefs are the 3rd best scoring team in the NFL at 28.5 points a game. Who is ahead of us? Chicago (29.0) and then a couple miles later is Denver (38.2). No, I am not trolling, this is real. Okay, I admit, we cheated, we count all 3 phases of the game to score.

2013 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Does this mean the offense is elite? Eh, no, but it shows the Chiefs have impact plays on all 3 phases which is always nice. The Saints for example have 0 points outside of the offense which hurts their ppg. Now, I don't expect something crazy like two kick returns for TD's + a pick 6 or something like that in the playoffs, but I do like the fact that the Chiefs seem to find themselves in a position to make these plays in the first place on defense and special teams regardless of the opposition. Hopefully we can get more 'splash' plays with Houston providing a pass rush that seems to work better with volume rather than as individuals. All of that, compounded with an offense starting to find itself makes me cautiously optimistic about the playoffs.

This right here is what makes the Chiefs such a huge threat come playoff time. Obviously Jamaal Charles is a weapon all by himself but the offense can both run and when needed pass to win games. They can win it with turnovers. They are one of the few who can even when a game through Special Teams. Teams that find different ways to win games usually do well come playoff time. Kudos to the Chiefs organization for assembling such a team that can definitely make some noise and at least play spoiler (please not to the Broncos) come playoff time.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they could've(and should've)traded for Josh Gordon.:L