• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good article on Incognito

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that article and in typical Richie psycho-I-didn't-do-anything-fashion, nowhere in the article and neither did it mention that Philbin addressed it in the meeting, but it is clear from the tape that Richie's left hand shove to the head of Smith pushing Smith's head directly backwards initially provokes the incident and sucks Smith into the final retalitory reaction. The article mentions that Richie is continually talkin' trash to an opponent as well.

Granted, one does not know what Smith has done up to this moment to also contribute to the final action caught on tape but if one of the combatants stops doing krap like this perhaps the other will learn to play the game in an All-Pro manner. Generally speaking true All-Pro's do not need this sort of play to cleanly play the game and they do it consistently because they are master technicians at their kraft and anybody could name a long list of such players.

Like I stated, this is typical of Richie's behavior. He goads players by dirty play or running his mouth and although it is often subtle, we have to listen or read yet another defense of a thug that resorts to this type of consistent cheap shots to play this game. This is similar to what N. Suh has adopted. If you're colleagues, the guys that play against you week-in and week-out, are calling you dirty, the chances are pretty good that they may be right.

Then you'll find somebody that allies with this thug like Philbin and then you have the behavior continue regularly. This idiot has been in the league for 7-years and he is still reverting to this type of behavior. Perhaps people will stop giving this dude the benefit of the doubt and dump his ass from the league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him was another bonehead move by those awful Rams administrations.

It's the mark of good management to take guys with talent and mold them. Mean Joe Greene (and there are stories) made Incognito look like a choirboy,

It is also the mark of poor teams to have few guys that are fiery and play angry. Now if you put a talented guy who wants to win between Alex Barron/Jason Smith and Jason Brown I could see how that would make you both fired up and angry. But yeah, you get rid of the guy whose main problem is that he's playing with stiffs.

I miss the guy. Glad that the Miami Coaching staff reeled him in and worked with him. Good luck to him this season.

Oh, and where did he get his size ? He is like 2X bigger than his mom and dad put together.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Richie is who he was and is. I was a decent QB, medium arm, some quickness and was lucky to play for a while although no money was made.:doh: Richie reminds me of a guy that looked at me on every snap when I was a sophomore 2nd team QB on the big squad in high school, pissed look, blood in his eyes, and violence just waiting to happen, his name was Conrad Dobler. A animal he was.:nod: In high school, at Wyoming and the NFL.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him was a necessity. He made back-to-back bone-headed penalties then chewed out the head coach on the sideline. He was out of control and he had to go. If he had stayed he'd probably have gotten worse. Maybe Fisher could have handled him but Spagnuolo was out of his depth. Being cut twice by poor teams was the wake-up call he needed. All those brought in to replace him here have been a disappointment. Clearly we've missed him but i'm not sure i'd want him back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue, it is interesting you raise the example of Dobler. Dobler played all those years against the likes of Merlin Olsen and even with all of his antics and dirty play, Olsen usually bested him. Olsen played clean and spent many of his years in the All-Pro ranks having the record for the most in a row I believe. Dobler did what? Played 14+ years and made the HOF possibly. The difference is stark. Olsen was a technician of the highest order and played nasty but did not play dirty and there is a difference.