• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give Me Your Top 10 QBs For This Year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems most people here agree Jimmy G will completely suck
Huge difference between 'top 10' and 'completely suck.'

There are probably only 5 qbs who I think will stink next year

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Cam needs to sink or swim as a pocket QB that can use his legs to extend drives, etc...not being a 700+ yd running playmaker.

Newton simply isn't a good pocket passer. He has little to no touch, delivers with the same arc and velocity, and just isn't a guy who'll be one to go through progressions and such. He had that one fluky year, but the norm for him is basically every other year except for 2015. An average QB....perhaps a bit better but whatever.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton simply isn't a good pocket passer. He has little to no touch, delivers with the same arc and velocity, and just isn't a guy who'll be one to go through progressions and such. He had that one fluky year, but the norm for him is basically every other year except for 2015. An average QB....perhaps a bit better but whatever.

I'm mostly in agreement with you, but Shula leaned on his ability to run so much that I'm not 100% sure he can't be...I've seen him throw some touch passes.

If Morningweg could get Vick to have some success in the west coast OFC...I think it's more about what you're demanding from the QB....Vick would never have achieved even the little success he did in PHI under Mora Jr

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly in agreement with you, but Shula leaned on his ability to run so much that I'm not 100% sure he can't be...I've seen him throw some touch passes.

If Morningweg could get Vick to have some success in the west coast OFC...I think it's more about what you're demanding from the QB....Vick would never have achieved even the little success he did in PHI under Mora Jr
The problem with Cam is that his strengths are his size and athleticism while his weakness is accuracy. That doesn't bode well for his ability to have longevity in this league especially at the rate his body is breaking down from the big hits on and off the field. If you put Cam's throwing ability into Matt Ryan's body you have a guy who would probably struggle to be a backup in the CFL.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by top of my head. I will probably miss some or be way off on some.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Newton
6. Manning - given OBJ is healthy
7. Goff
8. Ryan
9. Mariota
10. Garoppolo

Why no Wilson?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Andrew Luck
6. Jared Goff
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Russell Wilson
9. Carson Wentz
10. Matt Ryan
I think your list would be perfect if you switched Ryan and Goff. Matt Ryan used to be so overrated and now he’s become underrated. Funny how that works. Very good list though.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no Wilson?

I forgot Roethlisberger. I would put him Top 5 and bump out Garopollo.

I like Penny, but I don't think he will be huge. Baldwin is the only WR he has. I see Wilson not doing as good this season.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. He's done. Never be the same.

That’s weird... they say he will be back game one. Your the first person to say he’s done... well not including Handicappers so the good news is your on his level.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s weird... they say he will be back game one. Your the first person to say he’s done... well not including Handicappers so the good news is your on his level.

"they"? Are you going to claim once again that every doctor in the world and every NFL owner is saying he'll be perfectly fine to play week one and will MVP again (he didn't win it last year like you promised he would)?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"they"? Are you going to claim once again that every doctor in the world and every NFL owner is saying he'll be perfectly fine to play week one and will MVP again (he didn't win it last year like you promised he would)?

I doubt he comes close to winning MVP this year while his knee heals.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Cam is that his strengths are his size and athleticism while his weakness is accuracy. That doesn't bode well for his ability to have longevity in this league especially at the rate his body is breaking down from the big hits on and off the field. If you put Cam's throwing ability into Matt Ryan's body you have a guy who would probably struggle to be a backup in the CFL.

Difficult to push back on any of that Night...largely because of what we've seen to date. I just contend that the CAR OFC has largely revolved around a run based QB, not one that would've forced Cam to work on his footwork (major part of accuracy imo) and develop more as a passer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between 'top 10' and 'completely suck.'

There are probably only 5 qbs who I think will stink next year

You start creeping towards 20 on someone's list, you're dangerously close to suck territory

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without any defining criteria the order of these top 10 list are all over the place, but a bit surprised to see Luck as a top 5. His recent injury kept him off my top 10 entirely, but clearly a top 10 talent if healthy.
I'm assuming he's healthy with having him ranked that high. I'm a big Andrew Luck fan though so there might be some bias there.