• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Fire Offensive Line Coach

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I was just looking to see if this was posted. CBS sports failed to report any of the reason why he was fired. I heard there was "fist a cuffs" with him and Judge, Colombo pretty much kicked his ass id what I heard. Per CBS (fake news) reports;

Things haven't gone as planned for Joe Judge in his inaugural season as the New York Giants head coach, and one of his position coaches just paid the price for it, albeit with curious timing. The team hired Jason Garrett as offensive coordinator this offseason after his divorce from the Dallas Cowboys, and the move suctioned in former Cowboys offensive line coach Marc Colombo -- the latter having been let go due to Mike McCarthy's want of longtime friend Joe Philbin. After a slow start to the year by a mostly talentless offensive front, the Giants o-line showed signs of improvement over the last three games and that culminated in a win over the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 10.

Three days later, Colombo has reportedly been fired by Judge, per Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, ending a very abbreviated 10-game stretch in New York. He will be replaced by longtime NFL assistant Dave DeGuglielmo, who has history with Judge from their time together with the New England Patriots.

The move on Colombo is one that's being met with a level of surprise around the league, considering both the short stay and the fact it comes after improvement on the o-line, but the latter is being attributed to more involvement by Judge, per Mike Garofolo of NFL Network. Garafolo reported that Judge had been working more closely with the offensive line in recent weeks and it has coincided with the improvement from the Giants up front.

If true, it would at least stand to reason Judge might feel he no longer requires the services of Colombo, and would instead prefer to remain keenly involved but, going forward, with someone he's much more comfortable with. There's another twist to the tale, however, with additional reports stating Judge wanted DeGuglielmo to work alongside Colombo, but the latter's reaction to the idea led to the split.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unfortunate for the Giants he wasn't black. Could've potentially snagged a couple 3rd rounders.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said it was unfortunate the guy wasn't black. They could've potentially gotten some 3rd round picks. What's not to understand?

Funny how we want to become less racist, but we're now rewarding and making race more prevalent than ever. I'm just playing the card that I'm being dealt. If we want to identify everyone by race to see who gets benefits (in terms of NFL anyway), then I'm going to look at everyone as black or non-black. Used to never really judge anyone by color. I will now. "YES WE HIRED A BLACK COACH! Hopefully he leaves so we get picks!" End of day I want my team to win and extra 3rd round picks (especially since you can trade them) are quite valuable. Assuming the coach/coordinator is competent, it's in my interest we hire black and then black guy leaves quickly.

Sadly Norton sucks ass so even if he leaves nobody will probably hire him, ugh. BUT, the good thing is it'll be racist of other teams not to hire him so maybe they'll pressure into it.

• You're Funny
Reactions: GNG

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was unfortunate the guy wasn't black. They could've potentially gotten some 3rd round picks. What's not to understand?

Funny how we want to become less racist, but we're now rewarding and making race more prevalent than ever. I'm just playing the card that I'm being dealt. If we want to identify everyone by race to see who gets benefits (in terms of NFL anyway), then I'm going to look at everyone as black or non-black. Used to never really judge anyone by color. I will now. "YES WE HIRED A BLACK COACH! Hopefully he leaves so we get picks!" End of day I want my team to win and extra 3rd round picks (especially since you can trade them) are quite valuable. Assuming the coach/coordinator is competent, it's in my interest we hire black and then black guy leaves quickly.

Sadly Norton sucks ass so even if he leaves nobody will probably hire him, ugh. BUT, the good thing is it'll be racist of other teams not to hire him so maybe they'll pressure into it.
So if they fired a black coach they would get a comp pick?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they fired a black coach they would get a comp pick?

Way I read it is if you had a black coach and someone else hires them (in a position of 'authoritah' I guess) then you get 2 3rd round comp picks. So if someone hires Ken Norton Jr. (God rest their soul) and makes him a D Coord assuming Seattle let's him walk or Head Coach (LOL) then Seattle gets 2 3rd round comp picks.

Pretty racist, huh?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way I read it is if you had a black coach and someone else hires them (in a position of 'authoritah' I guess) then you get 2 3rd round comp picks. So if someone hires Ken Norton Jr. (God rest their soul) and makes him a D Coord assuming Seattle let's him walk or Head Coach (LOL) then Seattle gets 2 3rd round comp picks.

Pretty racist, huh?
But I'm very certain a FIRED coach won't get you anything even if he's green.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty racist, huh?
I thought it had to be a major position.
Like Head coach or GM or something to that nature.

I wasnt under the impression you get picks for hiring a coordinator.

but main thing to this subject.
A fired Employee doesnt work for you anymore so you wouldnt get compensated no matter what color he was.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it had to be a major position.
Like Head coach or GM or something to that nature.

I wasnt under the impression you get picks for hiring a coordinator.

but main thing to this subject.
A fired Employee doesnt work for you anymore so you wouldnt get compensated no matter what color he was.
You're correct, HC or GM...and you can promote them from within to be eligible...so Pete retires and it's coach Norton time...woot!!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct, HC or GM...and you can promote them from within to be eligible...so Pete retires and it's coach Norton time...woot!!!!

tenor.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not true

Multiple sources who are people of color told ESPN in recent days that there are, at best, mixed feelings about a plan approved this past week that will award two third-round compensatory draft picks to teams that have minority head coaches or general managers hired away from their organizations.