• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting hyped for our Lake show

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may not be a typical Laker season that we are all used to but guess what? I think this team will be better just from a heart and energy standpoint. We had a ton of talent and didn't do shit last year so clearly it takes more than mere talent to win. This years Lakers squad is already showing heart, desire, and determination to compete and that is ALL I can ask for from this team. Win or lose I am proud to be rooting for this current Laker squad and I hope we show some teams not to sleep on us. GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Clippers certainly took the Lakers for granted and maybe the Warriors will also. We can't expect the Lakers to play every game like they did last night, but if they play as a team and keep hustling they may very we'll make the Playoffs. Tough to project how the season will go after just one game, but they certainly got off on the right foot.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Clippers certainly took the Lakers for granted and maybe the Warriors will also. We can't expect the Lakers to play every game like they did last night, but if they play as a team and keep hustling they may very we'll make the Playoffs. Tough to project how the season will go after just one game, but they certainly got off on the right foot.

Our bench certainly wont score 78 every night but it is nice to know we might have a legit bench this year which would enable us to rest Kobe and Nash more. What concerns me is Nash as he is sitting out tonight with a sore ankle...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that the Lakers are not going to win any titles this year, however I think we also agree that they can be a good bit better than people expect.

A big part of the reason, believe it or not, is D'Antoni. His system has made stars of players that were castoffs, unfulfilled potential and guys no one heard of. He did it in Phoenix and he did it in New York before 'Melo came in and demanded iso's all of the time.

Remember Jeremy Lin in D'Antoni's system? Look at him now!! Those Suns teams of his had no business being any good. Yet, they won the Pacific Division a few times and were within a Robert Horry hipcheck into the boards on Steve Nash from making the finals.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Steve Nash a lot. He is a true professional and I have always had a great deal of respect for him. I don't think we need a lot of minutes from him to win, however. 10 to 15 minutes a game should be enough. If Farmar and the rest of the bench put forth a decent effort, the Lakers should be okay. They do need to address the PG position as they "load up" next season.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns then had better pieces than this Laker team has but I get your analogy! I think the Lakers are a dangerous dark horse team this year that no one wants to sleep on!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns then had better pieces than this Laker team has but I get your analogy! I think the Lakers are a dangerous dark horse team this year that no one wants to sleep on!

That's just it though. They didn't necessarily have better parts. They had a bunch of never heard of's, cast offs and unfulfilled potential.

Those guys made names for themselves in that system. Most of them haven't sniffed that level of success since then. Guys like Marion, Raja Bell, etc. were todays Xavier Henry's and Nick Young's.

I'm not saying that the Lakers will have that same level of success, but I'm not going to rule it out.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do have that kind of success lol