• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 6/14 Imperfects @ Perfects

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What might it take to get Jed Lowrie?

Who is the real Lowrie? Tough call. Stros got him for a middling reliever, and the sox had to throw another pitcher into the deal to get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the real Lowrie? Tough call. Stros got him for a middling reliever and had to throw another pitcher into the deal to get it done.

Sounds like they're getting good value so far. Hembree, Brown and Arias?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good to hear about his arm being an attribute, but you don't have to be low to the ground to be a great 2B, as long as you have good lateral quickness. Just because short guys are always over there doesn't mean it's impossible, but yeah, no sense wasting a plus arm. He could be the new right-handed Nate Schierholtz.

Because Nate isn't right-handed enough.........

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like they're getting good value so far. Hembree, Brown and Arias?

That seems like way too much. You're basically talking about the #1 and #2 prospects in the system at the start of the year. I don't like the idea of selling low and buying high. Sometimes it's best to leave holes unfilled.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like way too much. You're basically talking about the #1 and #2 prospects in the system at the start of the year. I don't like the idea of selling low and buying high. Sometimes it's best to leave holes unfilled.

This team is so close to prolonged dominance that I would be okay with buying high on a good, young SS that won't be a free agent until 2015. You're right that the proposed deal is probably too much, but I don't even know if Houston would take it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so close to prolonged dominance that I would be okay with buying high on a good, young SS that won't be a free agent until 2015. You're right that the proposed deal is probably too much, but I don't even know if Houston would take it.

Not sure if that deal works for either side. Brown is a HUGE question mark right now, and Hembree has lost some luster from his shine. Not sure Arias has much trade value.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, who knows where houston's head is at. Funny, I saw Lowrie as more a solution at 2B.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if that deal works for either side. Brown is a HUGE question mark right now, and Hembree has lost some luster from his shine. Not sure Arias has much trade value.

Exactly. Even "throwing the Giants best trade chips at a team" may not even get them the right to buy high.

Side note: I'll be pissed if the Dodgers land Dempster, but I know it will pull money from other projects in the future, which is good.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who knows where houston's head is at. Funny, I saw Lowrie as more a solution at 2B.

That's fine by me, too. I should have typed middle infielder. I think he has the range and the arm for short, though.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Even "throwing the Giants best trade chips at a team" may not even get them the right to buy high.

Side note: I'll be pissed if the Dodgers land Dempster, but I know it will pull money from other projects in the future, which is good.

The Dogs seem to have pretty deep pockets, and a willingness to spend to bring them back to "glory". The whole McLoser saga was just painful for them all around. Players. Fans. I enjoyed it for a while, and then, as a baseball fan rather than just a knuckle-dragging Dodger-hater, I started to despise it. Overall, I am glad they have new owners, and I can hate them on an even playing field.

I've read rumors of Dempster going to the Spankees, the Tiggers, and the Dogs. Dogs have the least need for him, given how their pitching is holding up, but I am hoping their pitching (outside of Kershaw) is just early season smoke and mirrors.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dogs seem to have pretty deep pockets, and a willingness to spend to bring them back to "glory". The whole McLoser saga was just painful for them all around. Players. Fans. I enjoyed it for a while, and then, as a baseball fan rather than just a knuckle-dragging Dodger-hater, I started to despise it. Overall, I am glad they have new owners, and I can hate them on an even playing field.

I've read rumors of Dempster going to the Spankees, the Tiggers, and the Dogs. Dogs have the least need for him, given how their pitching is holding up, but I am hoping their pitching (outside of Kershaw) is just early season smoke and mirrors.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Billingsley has the stuff to be a legit 2, but he trends more toward a 3. Lilly is a legit 4, when healthy. Harang used to be a solid 3, but I think he will pitch to his more recent norms and be a solid 5. Capuano is lucky if he is a 5, but unfortunately, the Giants made him and Lilly look like 3s during past outtings.