• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 6/14 Imperfects @ Perfects

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Billingsley has the stuff to be a legit 2, but he trends more toward a 3. Lilly is a legit 4, when healthy. Harang used to be a solid 3, but I think he will pitch to his more recent norms and be a solid 5. Capuano is lucky if he is a 5, but unfortunately, the Giants made him and Lilly look like 3s during past outtings.

Capuano looks like a solid 2 or even a 1 vs everyone this year so far, just sayin'

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capuano looks like a solid 2 or even a 1 vs everyone this year so far, just sayin'

SSS. I wouldn't pin too many hopes on a guy with a 1.34 career WHIP (even with the 1.16 he has posted in his first 13 starts of this season). The ERA+ machine might reveal him to be a 4, but when I watch him pitch, he looks like a 5 to me, if not a long reliever. I see Dempster in their future. Maybe Ramon Ramirez, too.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic: I'm told Huff is "probably headed for the disabled list." At the moment, Giants intend to call up outfielder Justin Christian tomorrow.

Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic: Christian is hitting .364 with seven homers for Triple-A Fresno. Is not in Fresno's lineup tonight.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some of the replays from the RA Dickey (Mets) one-hitter. His knuckleball was clocking at 78-79 mph.

That is only 5 or so mph below Zito's "fastball".

Just sayin'.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic: I'm told Huff is "probably headed for the disabled list." At the moment, Giants intend to call up outfielder Justin Christian tomorrow.

Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic: Christian is hitting .364 with seven homers for Triple-A Fresno. Is not in Fresno's lineup tonight.

Christian is having a great season at AAA but what is he going to do for the Giants besides sit on the bench and rot away , will he take the 4th OF spot from Nate or is he the RH Batter off the Bench , he does deserve the call up even though I think the Giants need RH pop off the bench more than a 5th OF .

I thought the Giants were going to keep Pill in AAA until Huff gets DFA'd ( IMO ) at the ASB , they need his pop off the bench , and he is 11-26 since he went down .

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Christian is having a great season at AAA but what is he going to do for the Giants besides sit on the bench and rot away , will he take the 4th OF spot from Nate or is he the RH Batter off the Bench , he does deserve the call up even though I think the Giants need RH pop off the bench more than a 5th OF .

I thought the Giants were going to keep Pill in AAA until Huff gets DFA'd ( IMO ) at the ASB , they need his pop off the bench , and he is 11-26 since he went down .

The Giants will need an extra bat over these next 9 games in AL ballparks. I'd imagine Nate and Christian will share DH and fourth OF duties. Huff getting hurt now was a lucky break for the Giants.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants will need an extra bat over these next 9 games in AL ballparks. I'd imagine Nate and Christian will share DH and fourth OF duties. Huff getting hurt now was a lucky break for the Giants.

I figured Chez 3 would DH 5 or 6 games , finally getting his bat in the lineup .

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I figured Chez 3 would DH 5 or 6 games , finally getting his bat in the lineup .

He's an option for that, but after he almost killed himself in that AB last week, maybe the brass thought better of putting both catchers at risk like that in multiple back to back games.

I think it will mostly be Nate at DH - with Christian facing tough lefties, and his speed kept in reserve for high leverage base running situations.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's an option for that, but after he almost killed himself in that AB last week, maybe the brass thought better of putting both catchers at risk like that in multiple back to back games.

I think it will mostly be Nate at DH - with Christian facing tough lefties, and his speed kept in reserve for high leverage base running situations.

Pull a Dbacks and sign someone for inter league play, then DFA (Willy Mo)... It's almost a decade too late, but a certain Vladamir is still on the market. Would be a total dick move, though. Have him DH the inter-league games and then cut him lose.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pull a Dbacks and sign someone for inter league play, then DFA (Willy Mo)... It's almost a decade too late, but a certain Vladamir is still on the market. Would be a total dick move, though. Have him DH the inter-league games and then cut him lose.

If you're going to do that just bring in Bonds (not officially retired after all) to DH

I think Posey and maybe Melky will see some DH time too.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure why .... but Christian just seems to remind me of another Todd Linden.

2012 has just been so damn strange for me. I feel really good when I know that Cainer, Bum or Song are taking the mound .... Zeets and Timmy just always seem to bring me to the Jekyll and Hyde question .... will Hyde make an appearance ... and if so .... in what inning and how long will he be around? Also have to say I'm very happy with the acquisitions of Melky, Pagan and Blanco. Also glad that Buster seems to be holding his own following last year's injury (I was worried) and maybe Belt has found his stride. Lastly ..... I still miss Tron .....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Whiteside gets called up, neither Posey nor C3PO will be used as a DH. If the DH comes into the game on defense, that team forfeits the DH for the rest of the game (they must hit their pitcher).

The only caveat to that is if they intend to use Panda behind the dish, and I REALLY doubt they have any intention of that.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unless Whiteside gets called up, neither Posey nor C3PO will be used as a DH. If the DH comes into the game on defense, that team forfeits the DH for the rest of the game (they must hit their pitcher).

The only caveat to that is if they intend to use Panda behind the dish, and I REALLY doubt they have any intention of that.

Ah...thanks for pointing that out.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not exactly sure why .... but Christian just seems to remind me of another Todd Linden.

2012 has just been so damn strange for me. I feel really good when I know that Cainer, Bum or Song are taking the mound .... Zeets and Timmy just always seem to bring me to the Jekyll and Hyde question .... will Hyde make an appearance ... and if so .... in what inning and how long will he be around? Also have to say I'm very happy with the acquisitions of Melky, Pagan and Blanco. Also glad that Buster seems to be holding his own following last year's injury (I was worried) and maybe Belt has found his stride. Lastly ..... I still miss Tron .....

How's our old buddy, Chris Stewart, doing in NY?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's our old buddy, Chris Stewart, doing in NY?

Seems to be used very sparingly. Only when Martin can't go or Sabathia is pitching. . Not having any interest in the Yanks I only will look in on them when nothing else is on and they are losing. I do enjoy a NYY loss!