• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 10/28 World SERIOUS Game 4

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Swept by the Diamondbacks.....lose Brian Wilson.....keep waiting for a never to return Freddy Sanchez.....Hamate-Gate II.....Melky's fall from grace (have to admit, I thought that was the death blow).....the blockbuster trade by the Dodgers (along with Hanley).....the pitchers inability in September to suddenly get a QS.....down 0-2 to a scary, powerful Reds team with a lights out BP.....down 1-3 to the mighty Cardinals who just had that swagger and mystique about them fresh off of their 2011 title.....then up against the best pitcher and hitter in the game.....then came the top of the fucking mountain!!!

I didn't want to say anything or describe my experience at Game 7 against the Cards, because I didn't want to jinx anything. However, I could just feel that this team was bound for greatness while I was drenched in the rain hugging my wife and screaming at the top of my lungs. They just kept punching their way out of the corner and they just displayed an iron will to win. I didn't know how many games it would take, 4, 5, 6, or 7, but I just felt something good coming. This team bands together and just fights.....indescribable really. Especially on a baseball field where it's supposed to be a bunch of mercenaries playing for contracts. So happy to have a team like this just happen to be my favorite team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I add, call me a +1 on this whole thread (except for calling Cain a jerk, etc...but stress will make us all mean).

It feels surreal today, like emptiness after a huge emotional wave (which it is)

Great season, always enhanced by this place, makes it even more fun to be a fan sharing online with other smart and devoted and non-shatty fans.

Have to call this a dynasty don't you?

Oh, and regarding my postgame activities with Ms. MSG lately...since Zito's big game in St Louis I've been pretty much worked over. Like seriously, I need a break!

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Swept by the Diamondbacks.....lose Brian Wilson.....keep waiting for a never to return Freddy Sanchez.....Hamate-Gate II.....Melky's fall from grace (have to admit, I thought that was the death blow).....the blockbuster trade by the Dodgers (along with Hanley).....the pitchers inability in September to suddenly get a QS.....down 0-2 to a scary, powerful Reds team with a lights out BP.....down 1-3 to the mighty Cardinals who just had that swagger and mystique about them fresh off of their 2011 title.....then up against the best pitcher and hitter in the game.....then came the top of the fucking mountain!!!

I didn't want to say anything or describe my experience at Game 7 against the Cards, because I didn't want to jinx anything. However, I could just feel that this team was bound for greatness while I was drenched in the rain hugging my wife and screaming at the top of my lungs. They just kept punching their way out of the corner and they just displayed an iron will to win. I didn't know how many games it would take, 4, 5, 6, or 7, but I just felt something good coming. This team bands together and just fights.....indescribable really. Especially on a baseball field where it's supposed to be a bunch of mercenaries playing for contracts. So happy to have a team like this just happen to be my favorite team.

What a year summed up beautifully.

A few things I'd add... the Cardinals had swagger yep, but they were just borrowing our mystique while we were rehabbing. The dodgers can take their bloated albatross of a payroll and shove it up their chavez latrine.

And yes playing like a team playing for each other... My absolute favorite and most memorable part of Game 4 (besides the fastball down the middle haha to end it) was Crazy Eyes doing the Sunflower Rain Dance, the look on his face and Theriot and all of em they were just having a great time they did it right they wanted it more. You have got to love this team. If you don't you must be a fecking dodger.

Oh yeah and... World CHAMPIONS x2 muthatruckas!! WOOT!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all just put to bed any shred of doubt that Sabean and Bochy and Righetti >>>>>> us? I guess we'll always analyze and sometimes disagree with stuff they do, but for me at least it will be all for show. They simply know exactly what to do. Best management in SF Giants history and it's not even close.

We got the gods and the breaks too...the playoffs are still a SSS fest, but pitching can (and did) reduce luck factors, and momentum counts too. If we had lost the playoffs (like I felt we were going to after game 2 in Cinci) it wouldn't have meant our team or managers were bad/wrong/outplayed, it would have been a SSS.

But you can see very clearly just how good this team is, how good the Giants MODEL of a team is. And the East Coast fuckers will never get it

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's the day Posey?

Prophetic!!! ;)

We don't do the dusty ball flip here

Nice. Got the jinx back on our side!

Yawn. I'm trying to watch the Giants in the World Series outta the way bitches!

Seriously!!! Couldn't that have been done before the game, during a commercial break or after the game??? WTF was that?

It 'tis very strange that many board regulars are absent again today.

Sorry, was too nervous to type.

Is Detroit's pen called FUYW?

lol, Cal was on fire last night. Hopefully he wasn't in that bus.....too soon? My bad.

I laughed but with all the tension, it sounded like a hiccup

Ghost cock??? :heh:

A RIOT .... followed by a FISH .... followed by a religious ICON .... that should be good for a run

The call for the ages.

Please win Giants so I can go back to being semi productive at work tomorrow.

Sooo much of this ^.

karros is still picking the Tigers to win the series.

lol, pantalones del fuego.

Gotta feel good for Herk and Scoots for getting traded to a WINNING TEAM.

Yup. They were both huge parts.....whether it be on the field or motivational.

"Once a Giant, always a Giant."

Piss off Pierzynski.

Seriously, the guy had a hard time even sounding sincere on that and his face twinged. FYAJ!

I think anyone who picked the Tigers in five needs to take a long inventory of how much they really know the game.

Maybe not so much a "long" inventory as much as a short one.....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all just put to bed any shred of doubt that Sabean and Bochy and Righetti >>>>>> us? I guess we'll always analyze and sometimes disagree with stuff they do, but for me at least it will be all for show. They simply know exactly what to do. Best management in SF Giants history and it's not even close.

We got the gods and the breaks too...the playoffs are still a SSS fest, but pitching can (and did) reduce luck factors, and momentum counts too. If we had lost the playoffs (like I felt we were going to after game 2 in Cinci) it wouldn't have meant our team or managers were bad/wrong/outplayed, it would have been a SSS.

But you can see very clearly just how good this team is, how good the Giants MODEL of a team is. And the East Coast fuckers will never get it

I think it was before the season started, I'll look for it if I have time, but Righetti was talking about Posey and said something to the effect of (paraphrased) "he's big to have in the dugout. He has a presence about him. The other team knows he's in our dugout and that he expects to win. I think sometimes they expect it too".

Yup, they know this team. That said, mb's are all about voicing your thoughts and opinions. Just because they know a shit ton more about baseball than any of us, doesn't mean that our opinions don't have merit sometimes. Nobody is right all of the time.....even peons like us get the gold sometimes. :D

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a year summed up beautifully.

A few things I'd add... the Cardinals had swagger yep, but they were just borrowing our mystique while we were rehabbing. The dodgers can take their bloated albatross of a payroll and shove it up their chavez latrine.

And yes playing like a team playing for each other... My absolute favorite and most memorable part of Game 4 (besides the fastball down the middle haha to end it) was Crazy Eyes doing the Sunflower Rain Dance, the look on his face and Theriot and all of em they were just having a great time they did it right they wanted it more. You have got to love this team. If you don't you must be a fecking dodger.

Oh yeah and... World CHAMPIONS x2 muthatruckas!! WOOT!

I think the enduring memories of this game for me will be Kontos going apeshit during the sunflower seed ceremony; Riot losing his shit after he scores the winning run; and Buster flinging his mask off and screaming after Cabrera watches strike three.

I think Miggy is STILL looking for that slider...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure...until March rolls around....

:ipw:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone just called the DPH on Affeldt's yakker:

affeldt_hook.gif

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I add, call me a +1 on this whole thread (except for calling Cain a jerk, etc...but stress will make us all mean).

It feels surreal today, like emptiness after a huge emotional wave (which it is)

Great season, always enhanced by this place, makes it even more fun to be a fan sharing online with other smart and devoted and non-shatty fans.

Have to call this a dynasty don't you?

Oh, and regarding my postgame activities with Ms. MSG lately...since Zito's big game in St Louis I've been pretty much worked over. Like seriously, I need a break!

From The Sure Thing:

Sure Thing: Come on, Gibet. One more time. One more time.

Gib:
I can't. Tomorrow, I promise.

Sure Thing: It was so good. It was so masterful. Relentless, but with a delicate touch. Confident, creative. I was overwhelmed. You're a true artist.

Gib: Just let me sleep a while, regain my strength. Five minutes. A grace period, if you will.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beautiful. Well done young man.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've thought, that when Barry Zito signed his contract in 2007, the kind of Giants career that he has had to this point? From underwhelming first year, to worst contract in ML history, to after thought, to injury, to one of the most important Giants in the 2012 championship. What a turn around for the guy. And I'm glad that he is a Giant.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've thought, that when Barry Zito signed his contract in 2007, the kind of Giants career that he has had to this point? From underwhelming first year, to worst contract in ML history, to after thought, to injury, to one of the most important Giants in the 2012 championship. What a turn around for the guy. And I'm glad that he is a Giant.

Peter Magowan: Vindicated!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly 3 of our 25 man playoff roster were quite literally wastes of space (Mota, Huff, Nady). It's like we went to war with 22 guys.

All 3 are '4 letter words' too (4 letter names anyway)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the same thought. Now his only enduring mistake is firing most of the scouts in 1996.

And as much as we may not like how it was done, that did lead to 1 WS an 2 NLCS appearances in the next 7 years...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'They said their hitting didn't show up. They were wrong. Our Pitching showed up'
- Brian Wilson