• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ince$t is integral to the story... the feet shit was there just for shock, it adds nothing to the story.
eh I'd say it adds something to Alicent's character in showing that she is willing to stoop to some kind of level to get what she needs/wants.

not sure how that plays into the story yet, but I certainly think less of her for giving Larys what he wants for information.

I already think of Larys as a creep, so didn't add much to his character, IMO

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a fisher found some haft eaten dragon remains.

The Baratheons will say that Aemond departed Storm's End literally minutes after Luke, after trying to start a confrontation at the court.
I was reading the wiki on that scene in the books last night

after he was denied the opportunity to take Luke's eye at Storms End, Aemond's future wife made a joke about Luke taking his balls as well. Aemond asks permission to take leave and Lord Barratheon says "go ahead...what you do after leaving here is no concern of mine"

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that narration actually from Addy? From the books?

If you buy the full seasons, there are Histories & Lore special feature extras in which the actors summarize background information from the books. So, this is actually Addy speaking, but he's just giving a summary, not actually reading out from the book.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy the physical media for the seasons, there are Histories & Lore special features where the actors summarize background information from the books. So, this is actually Addy speaking, but he's just giving a summary, not actually reading out from the book.
Interesting. So that “fight” was already GOT-show canon.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. So that “fight” was already GOT-show canon.

What changed in the show is that it showed that Aemond didn't really want to kill Luke. Not that it makes any difference, but it's better if the characters are not cartoon villains.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What changed in the show is that it showed that Aemond didn't really want to kill Luke. Not that it makes any difference, but it's better if the characters are not cartoon villains.
Yeah. Almond is a hothead with the highest of ambition. But he is still really just a kid and doesn’t always think out his actions. He let his emotions get the better of him there and he didn’t have the control of the dragon enough to get HIM riled up and stop him from going too far.

Simplistically stated, it was a “boys will be boys” situation where the worst outcome came to fruition.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the book it sounds like a witness account from the walls of Storms End, not from Aemond...so they aren't really able to speak to his feelings as it happened...that's on the writers of the show.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad no one told the TV writers responsible for the TV versions of Larys and Aegon II. :tsk:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Almond is a hothead with the highest of ambition. But he is still really just a kid and doesn’t always think out his actions. He let his emotions get the better of him there and he didn’t have the control of the dragon enough to get HIM riled up and stop him from going too far.

Simplistically stated, it was a “boys will be boys” situation where the worst outcome came to fruition.
I took it as he was concerned with the shit his family is now in and the war it’ll start more so than him upset his dragon killed Luke.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad no one told the TV writers responsible for the TV versions of Larys and Aegon II. :tsk:
Aegon isn’t a cartoon villain. He is more akin to Prince Harry. Sure, he kinda got the taste of power at the coronation, but that is a far cry from being a cartoon villain.

Larys is a bit over the top, but in the GoT universe, he is one in a very long line of creep-oh freaks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it as he was concerned with the shit his family is now in and the war it’ll start more so than him upset his dragon killed Luke.
I dont really think that is that far off from I said (intended to say). He is an entitled bully, born into royalty with aspirations of stepping in for his brother if the opportunity were to arise. Further, he was in an altercation with his nephew, whom he despises more than probably anyone else in the world. The fight got out of hand and his nephew was killed. He isn’t pissed/scared/sad/whatever because Luke is dead. He is pissed/scared/sad/whatever because of the coming shitstorm that will result from the incident. I think that tracks pretty cleanly with the selfish aristocracy that exists in this world.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He didn't feel remorse for killing him, he just knew he fucked up.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aegon isn’t a cartoon villain. He is more akin to Prince Harry. Sure, he kinda got the taste of power at the coronation, but that is a far cry from being a cartoon villain.

Larys is a bit over the top, but in the GoT universe, he is one in a very long line of creep-oh freaks.
Both characters are villainized compared to their book versions.

In the book, the cause of the fire that killed Lyonel and Harwin is unknown: it might have been accidental, and if it is intentional, who started it is unknown. The TV series makes Larys responsible, turning Larys into a father-murderer and brother-murderer. Trading information to satisfy a foot fetish is a complete invention of the TV series that has no basis in the book.

The TV series portrays Aegon as a rapist who runs a child fight ring where the children have had their teeth sharpened. In the book, there's no evidence that any of that is true: it's just a story that Rhaenyra's jester claims about Aegon, and obviously Rhaenyra's jester has incentive to make up false stories about Aegon as long as those stories make Aegon look bad.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both characters are villainized compared to their book versions.

In the book, the cause of the fire that killed Lyonel and Harwin is unknown: it might have been accidental, and if it is intentional, who started it is unknown. The TV series makes Larys responsible, turning Larys into a father-murderer and brother-murderer. Trading information to satisfy a foot fetish is a complete invention of the TV series that has no basis in the book.

The TV series portrays Aegon as a rapist who runs a child fight ring where the children have had their teeth sharpened. In the book, there's no evidence that any of that is true: it's just a story that Rhaenyra's jester claims about Aegon, and obviously Rhaenyra's jester has incentive to make up false stories about Aegon as long as those stories make Aegon look bad.
It annoys me that the fools aren't given roles in the shows. They were important to GoT and they have an important role in HotD

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh I'd say it adds something to Alicent's character in showing that she is willing to stoop to some kind of level to get what she needs/wants.

not sure how that plays into the story yet, but I certainly think less of her for giving Larys what he wants for information.

I already think of Larys as a creep, so didn't add much to his character, IMO
I think it was interesting enough to not burn her in episode 9. I think when she stops she shows the real her, all the rest of the time she is just doing what her father wants. I hope Daemon takes his head eventually, but the queens might not be far behind.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its getting a little ridiculous