• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 66 - Philadelphia Flyers at Boston Bruins(3-7-15): 1:00pm EST

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was lost in regulation on the PK. The final face off in regulation that lead to the goal.
The game should not have gone to OT

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons over they had the game in hand and couldn't finish in a must win. They just aren't good enough this year...

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGH, that was an ugly way to lose, and to see the season go to shite.
a few things: 1) jake HAD to bury that shot on the breakaway, 2) call on simmonds realllllly weak, why didn't they call del zotto being pulled down a little before that, 3) coots should have taken the D-zone faceoff , giroux was getting killed on faceoffs (I think he lost his last 5), 4), del zotto simply had to step up and take the body on marchant, instead he backed up and up and up, then went down.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame Jake because one of the better goalies ON THE PLANET beat him on a break away. Yes, Rask is that good. He is not having that good of a season, but he is that good.

This entire game came down to the Bruins scoring two goals on the PP during regulation. The Flyers inability to clear the zone or win a face off. It was fairly obvious that the Bruins had worked out a rotation for how to beat Giroux on faceoffs that also tied up the wingers meaning that the extra player would get the puck...since the Bruins were on the PP that means they had the extra player. If you know you are running into this have a plan. Since Berube and Co. didn't have a plan all the players on the ice were left to do was attempt to win with a formula that had already failed.

Julien completely out-coached Berube. That simple. Physically the Flyers players did everything they could but the teams PK and dzone forwards coverage was so poorly schemed out and failed to adjust to any alterations that the Bruins made....ugh.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love G but man the guy needs to step up in games like this. Sure Jake missed the breakaway but at least he wasn't invisible most of the game. In the past he took things into his own hands by hitting guys like crosby now I don't know where he is half the time. I'll give him credit on the PP he's great but 5 on 5 he needs to dig deeper. That last face off was the nail he could have closed this all on his own.

By the way why are comments being delayed over 30 minutes is there some new law or something? Hard to chat during games when everything is being censored...if anything pull a bad comment later. Suspend people if necessary.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this loss and the entire season is on the coach again? I'm not saying that Berube is the best but you can't keep firing coaches either. Lavy seems to be doing great in Nash when no one expected it down there how if he's such a shitty coach too? At some point the players have to win the battles and close games out.

I also don't understand how Schenn can't push that little twerp marchand out of the slot? I don't expect him to crosscheck him but he can lean enough on him to move him out of there he has him by 50 lbs for christ sake. Otherwise why have a big dman....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not aware of any censorship or delay, flyerfinfan. I posted comments during the game and they were immediate. Check with awaz. He's the mod here.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="FlyerFinFan, post: 6316639, member: 466"]So this loss and the entire season is on the coach again? I'm not saying that Berube is the best but you can't keep firing coaches either. Lavy seems to be doing great in Nash when no one expected it down there how if he's such a shitty coach too? At some point the players have to win the battles and close games out.

I also don't understand how Schenn can't push that little twerp marchand out of the slot? I don't expect him to crosscheck him but he can lean enough on him to move him out of there he has him by 50 lbs for christ sake. Otherwise why have a big dman....[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.
Lavi was getting us over 90 pts,and in the playoffs.

Too many guys are not showing up every game,and that's not on the coach-but why in the fuck,would Berube play Rinaldo in a must win game today?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this loss and the entire season is on the coach again? I'm not saying that Berube is the best but you can't keep firing coaches either. Lavy seems to be doing great in Nash when no one expected it down there how if he's such a shitty coach too? At some point the players have to win the battles and close games out.

I also don't understand how Schenn can't push that little twerp marchand out of the slot? I don't expect him to crosscheck him but he can lean enough on him to move him out of there he has him by 50 lbs for christ sake. Otherwise why have a big dman....

Not saying Lavi isn't a really good coach(because he is), but look at his defense in Nashville and then look at the defense in Philadelphia - plus he has Pekka Rinne

Craig Berube isn't completely responsible for this mess, like the defense, but he doesn't get this team ready to play enough and that's on the coach

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again no one is as bad as errey!

If you were listening to Jack Edwards he is the absolute worst play by play guy in sports. The color commentator is Andy Brickley and he is usually pretty fair though he has his moments of homerism.

Last edited: