• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5 - Dallas Stars at Philadelphia Flyers(10-20-15): 7:30pm EST

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong first period, but the goals against to end a period and start a period are crushing. This was a tough pill to swallow because it seemed like we played well enough to win the game and the Stars sat back the entire third period, playing not to lose. I thought we carried the play throughout at least the 1st and 3rd periods, but two apparent mistakes by Manning seemed to be enough to cost us the game.

That said, the power play has to be better. We should've at least tied the game and took it to OT. Too many opportunities blown. Raffl should've scored in the 3rd. If it were Giroux or Voracek, that shot would've made it under the bar.
I thought we could've did a lot more hitting in the first two periods and created more turnovers. We definitely looked like a team off for 6 days but all in all not that bad of a game if we get two points from Boston a split of these two games its all we really could've hoped for.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they looked a step behind until they found their legs. On a good note they held the stars to 2 goals so overall we can't be upset with the D or goaltending. They need to find ways to manufacture goals and the PP should be their bread and butter....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missed this one due to work and soccer. reading around, sounds like the Flyers started slow, but finished pretty strong. Also sounds like niemi had a real good game.

2-1 to the Stars isn't a dreadful result. I like that the PK went 2/2. If the top unit on the PP can find the tracks, I like the Flyers chances.