• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 44 - Toronto Maple Leafs at Philadelphia Flyers(1-19-16): 7:00pm EST

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How we respond to this loss will be most interesting to me. Last few seasons we went on a couple game losing streak after a game like this. Hopefully this is a new regime with Hakstol and we put it behind us and get back on track.

It's the Penguins for the first time this season. If we can't get up for this one, you can throw the entire team in a coffin and bury us alive.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the losses that are most frustrating to me. Why? We slept through at least 30-35 minutes of that game. That is completely unacceptable on home ice against any team. The Leafs were way hungrier than us from midway through the first until at some point in the third.

That said, some luck and extraordinary plays by Medvedev, Ghost and Hakstol (with the challenge) kept this game even enough that we ended up pissing away a likely two points at the end of the game.

If we do manage to miss the playoffs, we'll look back at games just like this one as to why. The Capitals can pull shit like this and still win games. We're not there yet, so we can't just score an early goal and then mail it in.

It's fucking embarrassing, really. I'm sick and tired of losing to teams that are below .500. Our players need to stop looking at the standings and just play hockey. It's fine for me to look at Toronto and say "This is a team we should beat," but it's not fine for our players to do that.

Very few teams in the current Nhl can win games based solely on speed, skill, talent and so on. If the effort and intensity are not there for the better team, that team will usually go down, no matter who they are playing. You have to come out every single night and give them hell.

This was a trap game without question, but that's no excuse. I predict that we're going to see a very hungry group for us tomorrow.

Many great points as usual Maverick. Could not have articulated the bolded paragraph myself any better! I am fed up watching this team lose to dirtbag teams like last night.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole game turned around in Toronto's favor when that POS Phaneof beat the crap out of Schenn. Braydon I love your moxy and love the style of game you play just please fight a smaller guy for once and win a damn fight.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had we just gotten this game to OT, I bet Ghost would've scored another one. It's tough to bet against him right now. He is absolutely electric. A game-changer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree on Gostisbehere. The man can flat-out change the game in a heart-beat and everyone gets fired up. It is just that the rest of the Flyers can't seem to produce in the same explosive fashion as that lightning bolt!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This whole game turned around in Toronto's favor when that POS Phaneof beat the crap out of Schenn. Braydon I love your moxy and love the style of game you play just please fight a smaller guy for once and win a damn fight.

I think we scored after that though right? Should have nullified the fight momentum. I don't know why he fights, he's not really good at it. Also...more on that the only guys that should be fighting Phaneuf on the team are Simmonds and Gudas.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we scored after that though right? Should have nullified the fight momentum. I don't know why he fights, he's not really good at it. Also...more on that the only guys that should be fighting Phaneuf on the team are Simmonds and Gudas.
I would've loved to have Morin around just to beat the crap out of Phaneuf.