• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 5/18 12:00 PM, NBC

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did the Kings forget how to hit? Take the body

Hits
Kings 34
Hawks 25

More about the bad plays and not taking away the speed of the Hawks. They did it vs SJ and Anaheim, they can do it vs Chicago.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't score, can't win. Get some rest and try to figure these guys out.

I agree with this. Not going to win many games when you only get a single goal. Especially against the defending champs. A really strong defending champ BTW.

Ox

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings just can't find a sustained anything against this team in the offensive zone over the last two years. Man on man, Chicago has more talent.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can't score, can't win. Get some rest and try to figure these guys out.

I agree with this. Not going to win many games when you only get a single goal. Especially against the defending champs. A really strong defending champ BTW.

Ox

Honestly it was more about Chicago players bailing out Crawford and a goal post. Crawford made a couple saves but the Kings just need to capitalize on a few more chances.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the NHL released the schedule before game 7, I thought it was a gimme game for the Hawks.
They wanted a Sunday early game even if it screwed whoever came out of the Pacific.
Hawks need to win early and often because the Kings were not out played, by much, and now that they will get some days off things wont be as easy next game.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the NHL released the schedule before game 7, I thought it was a gimme game for the Hawks.
They wanted a Sunday early game even if it screwed whoever came out of the Pacific.
Hawks need to win early and often because the Kings were not out played, by much, and now that they will get some days off things wont be as easy next game.

Well, to that I say play better in the regular season. Has to be some perks for regular season play.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits
Kings 34
Hawks 25

More about the bad plays and not taking away the speed of the Hawks. They did it vs SJ and Anaheim, they can do it vs Chicago.

I'm not talking about love taps. Hawks are a fast team, I saw them sidestep or skate around a hit, but they have to keep checking up.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it was more about Chicago players bailing out Crawford and a goal post. Crawford made a couple saves but the Kings just need to capitalize on a few more chances.

Posts happen. JWil was a split second late on a rebound too. But other than those, not much brewing in front of Crawford. Chicago makes the Kings earn entering the zone and anything against the boards leading to innocuous scoring chances.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone called it early, majority of a Kings offensive pushes start with players coming back to the puck. Need to create moving forward.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits
Kings 34
Hawks 25

Chicago is a different animal my friend.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind him, he showed up after they came back from the Sharks. :L

You can't hit what you can't catch.

True, I have no cred because I do not post during the regular season because I cannot watch the games in Northern Cal. Against the Sharks bc I could finally watch the games because of Fox Sports Sharks feed. And thanks to NBC I can watch the next rounds. No fun to post when I can't watch.

You come to another board to be "clever" expect to get a nickname. I expect the same when I venture to another board. So Cu nt-twat can list away, wish him and his team all the best .

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I have no cred because I do not post during the regular season because I cannot watch the games in Northern Cal. Against the Sharks bc I could finally watch the games because of Fox Sports Sharks feed. And thanks to NBC I can watch the next rounds. No fun to post when I can't watch.

You come to another board to be "clever" expect to get a nickname. I expect the same when I venture to another board. So Cu nt-twat can list away, wish him and his team all the best .

Eh, I've been here before, it's generally a solid board.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's hope you're right. Blackhawks will get rest, too.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope you're right. Blackhawks will get rest, too.

True but they had plenty before today.
Kings have not had this much time off in a while.
Also Mitchell hasn't practiced with the team in a while.
Having a night without a game or a flight will help the Kings a lot.
As far as team speed, I call it a tie, which is a win for the Kings. If TT had converted that second one, Kings would have won that stat as well.
Not happy with a loss but Chicago showed nothing the Kings haven't beat before, including Tony Award acting

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we should give you a clever nickname also. You come here from another board during the regular season. It's called BANDWAGONER

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should give you a clever nickname also. You come here from another board during the regular season. It's called BANDWAGONER

No prob... You're the man!

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the game now that I've had time to digest what I watched is the Kings didn't look outmatched at all and could have won today's game. Yeah the old "coulda, shoulda, whoulda" thing but I'm not disappointed in their performance at all.

Thinking back to when they were down 0-3 games to the Sharks and we were only hoping not to get swept it isn't all that bad. Even if they end up losing this series it won't be terrible. All I really wanted was if they were going to lose just don't let it be to the Ducks. They didn't let that happen.

Of course I want them to beat the Blackhawks and advance to the Cup Finals again and it'll hurt if they don't. But they won the Cup before my time here on Earth was over so I won't die unfulfilled as far as major team sports are concerned.

Ox