• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1 - ALWCS Seattle @ Toronto - Friday at 4pm ET - ESPN

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They deserved it. Their players were already talking about facing Houston before the series had even started. This one feels sooo good.

I don't follow the Mariners quite like the Seahawks (so really haven't seen anything you're telling me), but really? That seems absolutely fuckin' ridiculous if that's the case. Not trying to put you on the spot my man, so no need to respond, but if you have any evidence of that I'd be curious to see/read it. Please post here or send me via PM.

All said, the entire entrance by Romano was about the most ridiculous fuckin' thing I've seen in sports history. Like, what in the wide world of fuck was that? I mean whatever, I get it's the playoffs and it's all about TV rating, but still... if I was Romano I would've been like, "No, we can't do that." I mean was Toronto really like, "No - we're going to shoot off a giant display of pyro for you and then you have to walk in all slowly so we can sell more tickets next season?" I mean hey... I guess if you're making millions (I assume Whomano is making) you're just like, "Eh fuck it, alright."

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm still in shock. after 5, was totally prepared to go into tomorrow and be fine win or lose. and then it feels like the baseball gods decided to get involved. i still can't believe it.
Same here. I wasn't upset just ready to accept game 3 with Gilbert hoping Toronto tired themselves out in game 2. This was obviously better.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco isn't on the roster for this round.

I still say it was the right move. Never play for tomorrow in a 3 game series. Like I said yesterday, those other guys have to come through in the playoffs or we are done anyways. Munoz can't pitch every game. No I don't pitch him in game 2, but I have him ready for game 3 if needed and if not needed it was still the right move.
Marco isn’t on this rounds roster? They have brought him up on the radio quite a few times so I guess that led me to believe he was

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco isn’t on this rounds roster? They have brought him up on the radio quite a few times so I guess that led me to believe he was
No he was on the reserve squad but it all starts over now. I expect he will for Houston.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there really a word to describe what just happened
Doctor Who What GIF

Does that say it all?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the Mariners quite like the Seahawks (so really haven't seen anything you're telling me), but really? That seems absolutely fuckin' ridiculous if that's the case. Not trying to put you on the spot my man, so no need to respond, but if you have any evidence of that I'd be curious to see/read it. Please post here or send me via PM.

All said, the entire entrance by Romano was about the most ridiculous fuckin' thing I've seen in sports history. Like, what in the wide world of fuck was that? I mean whatever, I get it's the playoffs and it's all about TV rating, but still... if I was Romano I would've been like, "No, we can't do that." I mean was Toronto really like, "No - we're going to shoot off a giant display of pyro for you and then you have to walk in all slowly so we can sell more tickets next season?" I mean hey... I guess if you're making millions (I assume Whomano is making) you're just like, "Eh fuck it, alright."

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though, I was wary of Robbie the Rotten, as I'm sure everyone else was, and when other pitchers collapsed, I figured that just bought us another opportunity for tomorrow.

But HOLY CRAP, am I ever glad they bounced back from that! I'm STILL reeling from that, down by seven to come charging back like that?!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Meg for digging that up. Yah, that's interesting. I mean it was a battle of PNW teams (well and I get Toronto is not PNW... but it's Canada, everything that matters is PNW LOL). I get it, emotions are running high, but Toronto (from what I watched which admittedly was not a lot) didn't seem to have any room to talk shit. It wasn't that far off from being in Seattle.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem like that long ago when we gave up that big lead to KC.

Now to be on the winning end of an epic choke...Damn near fainted!