• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Blake

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait one goddamned minute...

Oh..

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets booed.
Based on his self-centered attitude and based on his money grubbing past, it is a shame that the Kings brought him into the fold.
I'm sorry, I just do not like him. There were plenty if better candidates out there. Of all people why Blake?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a jersey retirement coming up :L

trburns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have acted like a dick but most athletes tend to and in that time period that. Whether you like it or not he is the best defensemen in team history.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesnt bother me one way or another. Ill give it a chance and see how it goes.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I locked myself out past the 5 minute admin edit rule. My above statement was a joke, BTW. I was never a fan of the guy even when he was a King, seriously overrated in his end. his hip checks and offense made him a Norris winner, his defense was average at best to terrible at times.

I never booed the guy when he was traded but fast forward 4-5 years (after the trade) and his intentions were completely transparent. He fed the media and fans the "you'll see what the truth was" nonsense and well...we did see exactly what the truth was.

Just an FYI too, I'm seeing articles out there that say the Kings' final offer (5 years/$42.5 million - $8.5 million a season) would have ended up with Blake making more money than what he signed with Colorado (5 years/$45 million - $9 million a season) because Colorado didn't pick up the option year on that contract. The incorrect part is that the option year was a 6th year, not the 5th year. Blake had a guaranteed 5 year contract.

Blake made his full $45 million, including the lockout year of 2004-05, because he had it written into his contract he was to be paid during a lockout or not. Sakic and he (who signed identical deals in July 2001) were two guys paid during the second lockout, including Nolan as well. The Avalanche notified Blake and Sakic in October 2005 they would not be picking up the option on the following year. July 1, 2006 Blake became a GIII UFA and signed his 2 year/$12 million deal and stole some more money from LA.

My point: he left no money on the table and articles stating otherwise are 100% incorrect. I may rip on the guy, but the true facts need to be known if you're going to.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little Forsberg style? Karalahti and Boucher did a number on him in that series, my crack head Jere abused the hell out of him. I still miss that guy, too bad he couldn't lay off the drugs and booze or whatever.

Correction to my Blake option year bit, he didn't receive his full salary for the lockout year of 2004-05, he received $2.3 million. So in that sense, he did lose some money ($6.7 million to be exact. Sakic was paid $2 million of his $9 million, it was an arbitration case the NHLPA won which dealt the NHL a blow in regards to guaranteed monies during lockouts) but he would have lost even more if he stayed with the Kings at the initial $42.5 million contract.

The articles you guys are reading from Dancing Douche and what not are wrong, Blake didn't get karma or whatever you want to call it by signing with Colorado. He may look like a garden gnome but he isn't stupid.