• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Giants in the Big Leagues - 2023 edition

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding on this…

All first rounders since Buster…

2011: Kyle Crick (C) - was starting to show some potential as a bully piece when he was shipped off as part of the McCutchen trade. He then quickly became a journeyman AAAA reliever.
Quadruple A? That is a thing?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that Bo Bichette's brother was a professional baseball player. Too bad he didn't make it. Would have been a cool story. I always enjoy the brothers, whose father also played, stories (i.e. Mike and David Bell, Roberto and Sandy Alomar, etc).
The story of the Bichette's is not so peachy, unfortunately. Junior has claimed his father was abusive.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quadruple A? That is a thing?
There is a secret league where guys play if they are too good for AAA ball. But we only talk about it in whispers because no one is supposed to know about it. I feel confident that you can keep a secret so I'm sharing it with you here. All of tzill's alts, of course, know about it.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a secret league where guys play if they are too good for AAA ball. But we only talk about it in whispers because no one is supposed to know about it. I feel confident that you can keep a secret so I'm sharing it with you here. All of tzill's alts, of course, know about it.
uh oh.. too late though, "There is a secret league that pleased the Lord, the single A, The AA squared, ..."

Do you mean this?:

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you?

Failures in the in the bigs?

Yeah, I've never heard them referred to as "AAAA" ...
AAAA is nothing new. And is not a term invented by this board. It is a rather standard baseball term used by pretty much everyone.

Not being familiar with the term is not far removed from “What is a ‘balk’? Did you mean ‘walk’, but just spelled it wrong?”

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Now I have to kill us.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Now I have to kill us.
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAAA is nothing new. And is not a term invented by this board. It is a rather standard baseball term used by pretty much everyone.

Not being familiar with the term is not far removed from “What is a ‘balk’? Did you mean ‘walk’, but just spelled it wrong?”

OH NO!

You're on to me, again, I've just started following baseball and I've given my secret away!!

Seriously, in all my years as a fan I've never heard that term before. It's a shame hanging out here with you experts isn't a more enjoyable learning experience for me.

That reply is only slightly less rude than the one I got from a soccer fan, of the same team I support, telling me, an educator, to go shoot up a school days before that lunatic shot up Covenant School in Nashville. 30 minutes from my home might I add.

My fault for not blocking/ignoring you a while back.

Man I hope you never find out I'm an actual fan of the Dos Angeles Lodgers... Is that how you pronounce their name...?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, alts, lets all take a breath and calm down. I mean, if Maysfan and I can coexist anybody can....

Or is it me just talking to my "selves" again....so confusing.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, alts, lets all take a breath and calm down. I mean, if Maysfan and I can coexist anybody can....

Or is it me just talking to my "selves" again....so confusing.
I'm cool "other me".

But I'm not going to stop asking "dumb" questions or making ignorant comments... our "Great Oracle" is just going to have to fire up his curt answer machine... now what are those brown things the players wear on their hands... and why do they only wear one?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure as phuk BETTER. The Snakes pay his salary this year and next.

Maybe sign him as an OFer?
Suddenly, MaysFan's suggestion to acquire him and convert him to a reliever isn't so wild. However, would Bumgarner be interested in that yet? If not, do we want him in the rotation? Does putting him there signify the FO is conceding on the 2023 season already?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, bringing him in as a bully piece is a no cost high benefit proposition. But does he want to come back to the Giants? Apparently, he left on somewhat bad terms (I am still waiting for him to tell the story that he promised he would tell just before everything shut down in ‘20).

I would guess he would get multiple offers from teams as a flier. He either has bad feelings towards the Giants or he doesn’t. That will determine if he signs with us or not.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, bringing him in as a bully piece is a no cost high benefit proposition. But does he want to come back to the Giants? Apparently, he left on somewhat bad terms (I am still waiting for him to tell the story that he promised he would tell just before everything shut down in ‘20).

I would guess he would get multiple offers from teams as a flier. He either has bad feelings towards the Giants or he doesn’t. That will determine if he signs with us or not.
I think who offers what will also determine where he goes. What if his feels towards the Giants is neutral? He's got the highs of World Series' rings and lows of the exit process that may make it neutral for him. It is also a new regime in charge, which could go either way toward his affinity or disgust of the organization.

Ultimately, I think he'll go wherever he feels is the best opportunity. Does he desire to win? Maybe he lands on a clear contender, either as a stop gap 5th starter or as a reliever. Does he want to continue starting? Then maybe he goes to a rebuilding team that has the opportunity for him to continue pitching every 5 days. Does he want to come home to SF? I guess we'll learn more in the next week or so.