• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fish vs El Diablo

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jones vs Schneider

Marleau and ward have good chemistry

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First game I watch this season and it was a shit show lol, atleast Jones is looking every bit a world class goalie the Sharks have never had before. Gobodin, has a great set of hands but he's trying to do to much he certainly needs a full season in the AHL.Tierny needs to go back to the 4th line for awhile.

I almost had some Sjrules rage at Dillion today

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, this was the first game I disagreed with Deboer. he overplayed martin and burns (30+ mins each) and I wonder if that was in part why they were out there on the last PK goal against.

He also took all the great chemistry and fucked it up. Not one line was the same as the previous three. Goldobin replaced donskoi (why was donskoi out?), hertl moved into cooch's spot, tierney into hertl's and smith into tierney. All 4 lines affected by one injury. its no surprise they scored one goal didnt have nearly the dominant showing. He should have moved tierney to line 2 C and smith to line 4 C and be done. The chemistry looked far worse today, and I think its only in small part cooch's loss and in large part a sudden jumbling on all 4 lines.

p.s.: Yeah, dillon sucks. He actually got away with an interference penalty in the game too on a hit well after the puck had left. He is a PIM machine and a liability. I have seen nothing different this year compared to the previous years. Hes a #5/6 Dman making 3M per. It wont matter until the inevitable defensive injury, and then we get to watch him 20-22 mins a game. that should be fun.

Hopefully tomorrow the lines go back to what they were with just one or two players changing and goldobin returning the AHL as needed.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Donskoi injured his foot on a shot block last game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Still pretty amazing the offensive threat they can ice missing basically more than a full forward line in karlsson, Donskoi, Couture, and Torres. That;s basically 4 top 9 forwards on most teams. yet, the sharks still ice 3 or 4 pretty respectable lines. Impressive depth indeed at the forward position.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Donskoi injured his foot on a shot block last game.

yeah, I just read the article, He did play on it, so obviously not that bad. Wonder if he'll be in tomorrow night and htey just didnt wanna give him the B2B.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't participate in either of the last two practices. It probably ballooned up on him as soon as he took his boot off which tends to happen. He might be. Ack in tomorrow but I wouldn't bet on it.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also just wanted to say Tierney is fricken amazing. He created so many chances that his linemates failed to convert and he is becoming a defensive monster. He is the primary reason his line held the most consistent offensive pressure this game and spent next to no time in their own end. He's such smart smart player.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also just wanted to say Tierney is fricken amazing. He created so many chances that his linemates failed to convert and he is becoming a defensive monster. He is the primary reason his line held the most consistent offensive pressure this game and spent next to no time in their own end. He's such smart smart player.

yep, agreed. Thats exactly why I wanted him slotted into cooch's spot and smith into the 4th line C. I can see him fitting in beautifully with ward and PM. He is clever with the puck (that little chip to wingels was so cute), he can play in the corners, drive the net, cover defensively, all the things you look for in a 2 way center on a 2nd or 3rd line. Hopefully they will slot Hertl back with wingels and nieto (where he has been really effective on a line with 3 goals in the first 3 games), and then put tierney on line 2. If donskoi is out again, then I suppose goldobin on line one makes sense, though I wonder if I wouldnt strangely enough prefer Jevpalovs over goldobin just to ensure goldobin gets the AHL experience.

I suppose getting goldobin a little taste of NHL action on a top line could help him, kinda like Tierney's first taste ended up helping after he returned to the AHL to find his game and come back new and improved.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Goldobin got the call because he showed some chemistry with the Joe's in the preseason. As much as I like him I don't think Goldobin plays a style that works well with Thornton though.

I agree Rules, I would have preferred to see Tierney with Marleau and Ward. Hertl dominates 3rd line competition and should have been left in that role. Though I will say that Hertl didn't look out of place centering that 2nd line.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong I love the guy but I still think they should shield him a little longer until he gets on a good roll then move him up gradually