• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Washington Capitals

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holtmom.gif

Trotz: No goalie decision yet for Game 2 - Article - TSN

Well, you know they DID sign Ilya Samsanov and brought him over...

I admit, I am anxious to see the kid play.

6efH9i.gif

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though it was only game 1, I just stopped by to say....
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

<takes deep breath>

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ywwc0xtcdor01.jpg

Decent shot. Foligno with the backwards Crosby. Smacks it out of the air *away* from the net.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio that there will not be a suspension for Wilson

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poop.

Please try to play the whole game, Josh. We will need you.

Sedlak or Milano in?

Heard on the radio that there will not be a suspension for Wilson

87lV.gif

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poop.

Please try to play the whole game, Josh. We will need you.

Sedlak or Milano in?

87lV.gif
I say Sonny, move Anderson to the second line, putting Jenner at C.

Sonny seemed to play best and most often with Foligno and Bjork this season.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, how would you like being a Caps fan? Talk about season after season of playoff misery.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, how would you like being a Caps fan? Talk about season after season of playoff misery.
Thank you for informing us of that.

There are a few franchises in sports that probably won't ever win a championship and of course this is exhibit a. For a number of reasons which I won't get into here it is a lot harder for a franchise to overcome a history of choking than a history of being terrible and it would actually be quite a bit more surprising to see the caps ever win a cup than even a team like Columbus or Phoenix, wherever they end up.

But with all that said the organization is a well-run and fairly likable one for every reason except for that. They are always at least very entertaining to watch and they love the fans a lot more than certain other DC sports franchises (or at least one very specific one lol!). It's a lovable team and if you're a fan you're a fan for life, despite the best efforts of some people to stop being fans lol...

At the end of the day if the only reason you watch sports is hoping your team wins a championship then you must be a very depressed soul. That of course is par for the course in washington dc but it doesn't mean the teams themselves are less likable unless you are very much a fair weather fan.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a special Breed :suds:

Hope for the best....expect the worst

You just described all of Ohio Sports fans.

I guess I get it double over because I grew up halfway between DC and Philly and with the exception of the 1983 Orioles, every team I have ever cheered for has not lived up to expectations. Often hilariously.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I get it double over because I grew up halfway between DC and Philly and with the exception of the 1983 Orioles, every team I have ever cheered for has not lived up to expectations. Often hilariously.

I feel you.... I'm still hanging on to that 1992 Redskin Super Bowl win :gaah:

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've just barely crossed over for OSU football. The Bengals will never win.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz is so risk adverse he puts his team at (a bigger) risk of losing. If you want to keep DSP and Chaisson in the lineup, I actually have no problem with that. DSP just scored and I think Chaisson has actually played well recently. But how is Connolly lower in the depth chart than Vrana right now? Connolly was non-existent in game 1 and has 0 points in 8 career playoff games. Vrana, while prone to turnovers, set up a go ahead goal in the 3rd and drew a penalty and I don't think you could say either goal scored against while he was on the ice was singularly his fault. It's just a dumb decision.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a school of thought that we should root for a sweep or quick exit in order to get Trotz fired. While I must say I don't entirely subscribe to that school of thought mainly because I don't believe there is a coach out there that would win a Stanley Cup with the caps, moves such as this one bring me closer to being on board with that.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a school of thought that we should root for a sweep or quick exit in order to get Trotz fired. While I must say I don't entirely subscribe to that school of thought mainly because I don't believe there is a coach out there that would win a Stanley Cup with the caps, moves such as this one bring me closer to being on board with that.

Trotz should be fired unless they make it past the 2nd round which I don't think many Caps fans really think is going to happen. Remains to be seen if he will, but he definitely should.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wennberg scratched, Milano slots into the third line. Dubinsky moves to center.

No other changes.

Giggitty.

Caps will win this one. Silly to think a first round game is a must win, but the Caps gotta have this one and will play as such. I just hope that Wilson doesn't kill or maim anyone.

Good luck ritari, Kevin and BottleWalk, lets hope for a good hard clean game. I won't be on, doing the skype sesh again tonight.

Reactions: gob

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wennberg scratched, Milano slots into the third line. Dubinsky moves to center.

No other changes.

Giggitty.

Caps will win this one. Silly to think a first round game is a must win, but the Caps gotta have this one and will play as such. I just hope that Wilson doesn't kill or maim anyone.

Good luck ritari, Kevin and BottleWalk, lets hope for a good hard clean game. I won't be on, doing the skype sesh again tonight.
Thank you for the good luck wish but "the Caps gotta have this one" has never quite been a factor causing them to play well in the past lol!