• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Sale in the Desert

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Arizona Coyotes GM, new owner agree to overhaul roster, per reports."

Michalek? Yandle? Doan?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OEL and Boedker are the only ones I'd be interested in from that roster.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Doan, and Yandle :thumb:

OEL would be a dream I dont ever see happening.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OEL is off limits! As well as boddy and yandle. I think everyone else is fair game.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Doan, and Yandle :thumb:

OEL would be a dream I dont ever see happening.

Doan is too old and to slow. Plus he probably won't be moved unless he requests it. Yandle is a great dman but I wouldn't give up the assets it would require to get him when he's UFA eligible at the end of his current contract.

OEL, Boedker and I'd add Hanzal too. OEL and Boedker should be and probably are untouchables though.

OEL is off limits! As well as boddy and yandle. I think everyone else is fair game.

If new ownership is looking to cut salaries as is being rumored there is a good chance Yandle is gone by or at this years draft. He's coming up on UFA status after next season and will cost a pretty penny.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one the usual suspects, CHI, BOS, PIT, ANA, etc., land Yandle, I will be extremely PISSED! :gaah:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would expect Yandle to be on the block. OEL and Boeddker wont be moved. A fairesale doesnt mean you sell the best young players in the organization. It means you sell all the To-be-UFA's for this summer and possibly next. This means Erat, Vermette, Michalek, Moss, and Crombeen. It also could include Doan, Yandle, and Sam Gagner.

Fore me, I know the price will be too high to get anyone of real value. The only guy I'd want is Yandle, but I wouldnt give up the likely price (a top 9 forward or top 4D, a top prospect, and a 1st sounds likely). Yandle is only 28 and would make sense if the sharks had a chance in the next 2- 3 years to resign him and make a run, but I don't see it.

Besides who would they give up that Phoenix would want? No way on Hertl. No on nieto too for me. No on wingels. No on any of braun, pickles, or Burns. That leaves pretty much just picks and prospects which make no sense for dougie to move in a relatively win-now manner.

The only counter argument is that top 4 Dmen are hard to find and once they get in the org, then you can resign them easier and build a team like they kinda did with burns. Yandle is a clear top 4, arguably a top pairing Dman. Getting one of those is kinda nice.

Perhaps I could handle a deal involving nieto+Goldobin+Dillon (or tennyson), but I dont think phoenix would take it, and I am definitely not sold on it. I dont see dougie barking up this tree.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If one the usual suspects, CHI, BOS, PIT, ANA, etc., land Yandle, I will be extremely PISSED! :gaah:

Chicago has no cap space which is why the let Leddy go for nothing (another bonehead passing by SJ) and they still have to dump more csalary this offseason... Same with Bos, bos has NOOOOO room whhich is why they dumped Boychuk for nothing (another bonehead passing by SJ) to sign Krug & that other guy who were special RFAs and only got 1 yr contracts for like 1Mil... those 2 have to be resigned by Boston at the end of the year so Boston will be uploading more players

Yandle will probably be signed by Detroit