• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Brian Kelly

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel Kelly needs to go as well. I would hire a Harbaugh disciple or David Shaw disciple. Stanford has tough academic standards as well and doesn't recruit the star power as ND yet still produces a winning product year after year. Stanford is the program that can be mirrored and that is what Brian Kelly even said he wanted to do. How is that working out?? You know what? We have a guy that coached under Harbaugh. I think Sanford is the future Notre Dame head coach but maybe should be be the coach sooner than later. Sanford is young but I believe he would do well. He has turned Kizer into a great player and is a good recruiter. I bet he won't just hire his buddies that can't coach. Easy fix would be to get rid of Kelly and Vangorder and promote those currently on staff. I seriously think they would produce a better product.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punting the ball in that situation made no sense. The only way I'm punting there is if it is 4th and extremely long and by that I mean at least 4th and 20.

4th and 7 with a red hot offense? You go for it everytime with under 5 minutes to go. You punt and you may not see the ball again especially with a defense who gave up 36 points

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as we punted I knew the game was over. NO chance to get a defensive stop

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT going anywhere before 2021:

Notre Dame, Brian Kelly agree to six-year contract extension

Notre Dame's most successful football coach since Lou Holtz isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

On Friday, Notre Dame announced a six-year contract extension for coach Brian Kelly that will keep the 54-year-old in South Bend through 2021. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Kelly's 226 wins are the most among active college football coaches, and he owns a 55-23 record over his six seasons in South Bend.

I totally get the frustration with the guy ... truly, I do ... I've launched plenty of inanimate objects on Saturdays having to deal with much of his stubbornness & inept, in-game decisions, but do we want another Charlie Weis albatross around ND's neck in paying off millions of dollars while we search for The Next Savior? My God, I don't ... Weis' fleecing of the university lasted for years after his fat ass was let go and it was only until last year that ND was finally done paying on that atrocity that Jaba the Hut got 'us' into.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Craig but why are they giving Kelly so many years? That was the same problem with Weis. He had a decent first two years them give them a ridiculous contract. This is a what have you done for me lately business and lately Kelly hasn't done shit. You give him the contract to keep him out of the NFL? He can still go to the NFL whenever he wants. His in game decision making is awful. Sure the defense sucks but his poor decision making blew the chances to beat Texas. Malik should have been benched after his first series. THey should have gone for two during the 1st overtime. Again, trusting the defense to get a stop???? are you freaking kidding me. Trying to stick with the run during the Michigan State game was mind blowing. It wasn't working.....finally he let Kizer air the ball out in the 4th quarter and look what happened? a come back. Punting the ball with little over 3 minutes left? wasting a timeout to punt? Again, relying in the defense to get a stop? Kelly is too conservative. Get some balls and win the game. That is what he is payed to do.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to stop hiring coaches that are in love with their schemes and focus on being fundamentally sound in every aspect of the game. Period. Full Stop.

We saw it with Weis, loved his complex offenses, but our teams were physically weak and soft. Got pushed around by everyone, especially in the fourth quarter. Kelly's offensive scheme doesn't have a power running component, and really they don't even have a very imaginative running game. We've done a good job putting OL in the NFL, but that's because there's a premium on pass blocking in the NFL. We have road graders but they're not allowed to play aggressively. On the other side of the ball, we have a DC that loves his complex system that is prone to error because it takes about 3 years to learn, and even our best players are still getting confused in it. We keep dropping DL in to pass coverage trying to disguise our blitzes that never get home. Its all too clever by half shit. Meanwhile, our DL don't know how to twist and generate a rush, we are very poor at tackling and there's too much guess work in the secondary. There are times I'd almost rather there be no defensive game plan and just let our atheletes fly to the ball.

Give Stanford credit. There's nothing fancy about their offense or defense. But they execute it flawlessly, with nary a mistake. Same with MSU (although much of their defensive plan relies on the refs not calling PI every play). That's what ND needs. I am sick of coaches that are to in love with their system to bother coaching basic skills that the players need.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Kelly offense. This offense has been fun to watch and one of the best in college football. I don't get why so many are pissed and want him gone. If he goes 5-7 - 7-5 this year or the next couple years then yes.

WE JUST NEED A DC and this team will be fine. Offense hasn't lost a game in a long time. I can't remember when the offense cost this team. Its been the D.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Kelly offense. This offense has been fun to watch and one of the best in college football. I don't get why so many are pissed and want him gone. If he goes 5-7 - 7-5 this year or the next couple years then yes.

WE JUST NEED A DC and this team will be fine. Offense hasn't lost a game in a long time. I can't remember when the offense cost this team. Its been the D.

what you don't seem to accept that the defense IS ALSO kelly's responsibility. the fact he WON"T get a good coordinator is the problem, and it's kelly's problem! this is why so many people are pissed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you don't seem to accept that the defense IS ALSO kelly's responsibility. the fact he WON"T get a good coordinator is the problem, and it's kelly's problem! this is why so many people are pissed.
no I said he was wrong for not letting go of VG after last year. THis I do blame him on. I just hope he realizes soon.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone looked backed at the seasons we've had before holtz and with holtz? He left for a reason

Kelly cant bring that back to us

we lose all the time before lou

so we go and get a offense coach

we already had charlie

and then we add def cord from auburn who couldn't stop anything

no nd fan forgets that...but to hang with a coordinator that says it will take 3 yrs to understand his system is crazy

Kelly saying this is game 3 is shit

has anyone seen the progress that Michigan has made since harbaugh

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about u but he has brought ND back . ND is relevant again . The last couple of years we are highly regarded in the polls, We are getting better recruits, we went to the National championship and been to a major bowl game. (yes I know we lost those games but we did beat LSU).

I guess people forgot how bad ND was before Kelly. does anyone remember 3-9 season?

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is good for the program but d coordinator is shit

saying this is d coordinator third game...enough english

if we are still playing poorly against army

that's game 10

don't no how old you are jjc but lou only brought nd a few yrs of glory for nd fans

the rest was shit

sorry for posting your guote on my post

I get sick to my stomach when I think that ND fans feel that they are back to relevance...

ND is nothing then just TV rating machine

go irish

jjc...im not a troll... just a ND fan pissed about the future of our program

Last edited by a moderator:

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about u but he has brought ND back . ND is relevant again . The last couple of years we are highly regarded in the polls, We are getting better recruits, we went to the National championship and been to a major bowl game. (yes I know we lost those games but we did beat LSU).

I guess people forgot how bad ND was before Kelly. does anyone remember 3-9 season?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello all...I share all of your feelings...I am like 50/50 on this, but I am also pissed off about the game...SO. Yes BK has brought this team back and made them fun to watch, and relevant...but since the NCG we have been stuck. IDK why...BK needs a swift kick to the junk to wake up!! Here is what I have been noticing with him:

-Unprepared
-Out coached
-Takes no responsibility (throws everyone else under the bus)
-Stubborn (BVG)
-Same old game plan
-Worse in game coach I have seen (refuses to adjust)
-Plays scared when it's close

How many times has MS ran a trick play on 4th down and converted? Maybe all of them? That shows me how unprepared they are. I still go back to that quote from BK when he said they practice harder so the games are easy. I called that a problem when it happened. This team has the talent, just needs to let the right coaches call the shots. He needs to get rid of BVG, now. He needs to turn the play calling over to Sanford. BK needs to be a HC and that is it.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't no how old you are jjc but lou only brought nd a few yrs of glory for nd fans
Judging by the way you post, you are (1) almost certainly trolling, (2) I am pretty sure I am older than you.

Certainly old enough to remember Lou's years better than you. I'd say Lou brought probably 7-8 out of 10 of his years at ND for glory. 9 straight seasons ending with a major NY6 bowl appearance, winning 5 of them (a 6th was controversially taken away by a questionable clipping call). His winning percentage is third behind Leahy and Rock. Oh. I almost forgot. Our last national championship.