• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: FINAL FOUR 2017

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. First of all, I clearly stated that "he is starting to put it together for knocking on the door to a FF." But, "I see no reason that March will change."

And do you want to quote the times that I said that they may very well make the FF, it's just not something I can see going in? Or did you just want to cherry pick something that still infers that they are capable but not enough for me to predict it? Again, there are a dozen or so times where I almost word for word say how they can very well make the FF. How are you not able to find them while you were combing through that thread for some bullshit that you could twist into saying what you want it to?

And that doesn't come from playing multiple top 25 teams in Jan/Feb. They played one team that made the fringe top 25 at the end of the season, in the last 3/12 months before the tourney. What are you even talking about "multiple teams in the top 25 in Jan/Feb"?

I'm saying their schedule isn't going to change. Meaning they won't be playing multiple top 25 teams in Jan/Feb. So according to your statement Gonzaga's March results won't change. If Gonzaga's schedule will forever be the same, shouldn't your stance? I would say yes, bull you'll just say the same bull shit.

And there's a bunch of teams capable of making the FF because of the tournament setting. When you say shit like I quoted, and also say they could make the FF, that doesn't hold any weight. Your stance was pretty clear.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes im looking for a few "specific answers"

You know, like I want tacos but from a few "specific places"

I'm looking for 1 of 2 specific answers.

You can use Mark few and gonzaga too

Again, you're comparison is shit. I know the specifics you're looking for, but the answer to your question is from before Miller was even a HC. What kind of bullshit line of reasoning is trying to differentiate a whole program from a coach based on something that last happened at MU before Miller even had the opportunity to try? Same goes with Few and GU, you are giving them both a timespan that Miller doesn't even qualify for.

What does AZ have that only GU and Marquette have combined? Huh? Answer that. See how comparisons work? I'm actually giving you the entire program histories of both programs against AZ. And unless you want to cherry pick the dates, the answer is that AZ has the same answer as both of those programs combined.

But no way you just want to compare AZ and Marquette do ya? Staying as far away from that as possible right? What about Marquette's coach and Miller? Want to compare them? Hahahaha, crickets.

Without D Wade, you have one EE in the last 40 years!! Forty fucking years!!!!! And what about GU and AZ? You wanna play what have you done for me lately? GU has 1 FF and 3 EEs ever!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you miss the first free throw it makes sense to miss the second one on purpose. Especially considering the rebounding team UNC is.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. They had more than enough time to get a decent look. If they grabbed the rebound off the first miss then they would have had 5 seconds. If they got the rebound from the 2nd set of missed free throws then I believe they had just about 4 seconds. More than enough time to get a solid look. Not saying they win the game but no question they would have got a decent look.

Eh, first miss maybe but it would have to be executed perfectly to get in position for even a normal 3. I think you guys are underestimating the amount of time it takes to grab a rebound, then turn towards your basket, then locate and pass the ball to a guard in transition.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying their schedule isn't going to change. Meaning they won't be playing multiple top 25 teams in Jan/Feb. So according to your statement Gonzaga's March results won't change. If Gonzaga's schedule will forever be the same, shouldn't your stance? I would say yes, bull you'll just say the same bull shit.

And there's a bunch of teams capable of making the FF because of the tournament setting. When you say shit like I quoted, and also say they could make the FF, that doesn't hold any weight. Your stance was pretty clear.

And then I said that if Few got to the FF, then he would have done it by being able to hold his players to such a high standard that having a shit SOS doesn't prevent them from developing to the extent that they need to in order to make the FF. I said that's really tough for a coach to be able to do, and I can't predict that he would, although he certainly might. I said that Few certainly could do it.

And you liked the fucking comment.

Saying a team is not capable is saying that they CANNOT make it. Not that I can't predict it even if they are a good team, not that he can if he gets more out of his players, not saying that they are good enough to get there. Incapable means that I would have to have said that they CANNOT get to the FF. That's not even close to what I said. And somehow, you missed the 15 times that I said they were capable, I just couldn't predict it going in. I said over and over that they "could very well do it" That means capable. I just said that I wouldn't predict it.

You can keep trying to say whatever you want, but the proof is all over that thread. If you choose not to see it, that's because you chose to ignore it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're comparison is shit. I know the specifics you're looking for, but the answer to your question is from before Miller was even a HC. What kind of bullshit line of reasoning is trying to differentiate a whole program from a coach based on something that last happened at MU before Miller even had the opportunity to try? Same goes with Few and GU, you are giving them both a timespan that Miller doesn't even qualify for.

What does AZ have that only GU and Marquette have combined? Huh? Answer that. See how comparisons work? I'm actually giving you the entire program histories of both programs against AZ. And unless you want to cherry pick the dates, the answer is that AZ has the same answer as both of those programs combined.

But no way you just want to compare AZ and Marquette do ya? Staying as far away from that as possible right? What about Marquette's coach and Miller? Want to compare them? Hahahaha, crickets.

Without D Wade, you have one EE in the last 40 years!! Forty fucking years!!!!! And what about GU and AZ? You wanna play what have you done for me lately? GU has 1 FF and 3 EEs ever!

You do realize Marquette and Arizona have the same amount of titles, same title game appearances and a 4/3 edge in final 4s right?

Are you actually this goddamn dumb?

One program gets 5 stars and 1 and dones to Arizona. The other is a small private school in fucking Milwaukee Wisconsin who puts JUCOs into the NBA and was the most consistent BE program during their tenure

But guess what? I wasn't comparing the schools

You're just too goddamn dumb to get the point. You trashed Mark Few and GOnzaga all year because they "haven't proven themselves". Which is ironic considering your coach. That was the point. Then you came after my team which was again ironic consider your programs comparable history

You are a 1 of a kind moron

@The Derski @Arizona_Sting @dcZONAfan if y'all read any of my comments don't take em personal. You've sadly got a fellow fan with a cognitive disability and I'm using his season long irony against him.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass Carolina apes can't hit one fucking free throw? Fuck them and all their bandwagon fans

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then I said that if Few got to the FF, then he would have done it by being able to hold his players to such a high standard that having a shit SOS doesn't prevent them from developing to the extent that they need to in order to make the FF. I said that's really tough for a coach to be able to do, and I can't predict that he would, although he certainly might. I said that Few certainly could do it.

And you liked the fucking comment.

Saying a team is not capable is saying that they CANNOT make it. Not that I can't predict it even if they are a good team, not that he can if he gets more out of his players, not saying that they are good enough to get there. Incapable means that I would have to have said that they CANNOT get to the FF. That's not even close to what I said. And somehow, you missed the 15 times that I said they were capable, I just couldn't predict it going in. I said over and over that they "could very well do it" That means capable. I just said that I wouldn't predict it.

You can keep trying to say whatever you want, but the proof is all over that thread. If you choose not to see it, that's because you chose to ignore it.

Just some more bull shit.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Mondays game will be a classic.

I believe it will be close. Carolina has size and rebounding strength, but Gonzaga won't turn it over like the Ducks. Zags got complacent with the big lead tonight and allowed USC to come back. If they do that against Carolina they will lose. I like the Zags.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it will be close. Carolina has size and rebounding strength, but Gonzaga won't turn it over like the Ducks. Zags got complacent with the big lead tonight and allowed USC to come back. If they do that against Carolina they will lose. I like the Zags.

So do I

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Marquette and Arizona have the same amount of titles, same title game appearances and a 4/3 edge in final 4s right?

Are you actually this goddamn dumb?

One program gets 5 stars and 1 and dones to Arizona. The other is a small private school in fucking Milwaukee Wisconsin who puts JUCOs into the NBA and was the most consistent BE program during their tenure

But guess what? I wasn't comparing the schools

You're just too goddamn dumb to get the point. You trashed Mark Few and GOnzaga all year because they "haven't proven themselves". Which is ironic considering your coach. That was the point. Then you came after my team which was again ironic consider your programs comparable history

You are a 1 of a kind moron

Hockey, your reading comprehension skills are about as good as your ability to make a comparison. I clearly wrote that AZ has what MU and GU have combined. I even bolded "combined". That would mean that AZ has 1 title and 4 FFs, and MU + GU have 1 title and 4 FFs. And I'll stop there because it gets out of hand when it goes to FFs, and a whole host of other markers of success.

And AZ only got OADs when Miller showed up. OAD wasn't even around when Lute coached until he was about to retire.

I didn't trash GU. I complemented their program and team numerous times. You just can't read, as you've shown over and over. And the only reason I came after your team is because you brought AZ into it when I never once brought them up in any respect to say that they could make the FF. Get it? The whole convo was about GU, and you just brought up AZ under Miller because your argument is shit. Since you did that, I brought up MU. If you have no leg to stand on by going after someone's team for no reason, then this is what happens.

The problem with your comparable history is that again, outside of two years there is no comparison in the last 40 fucking years. MU hasn't done shit in 40 years compared to AZ. 1 FF and 1 EE and 38 years of mediocrity. AZ over that period wipes MU in every category except years missing the tourney and losing seasons. Congrats to MU.

I've witnessed my team winning a NC. You? With the exception of like 1 year, every player that stayed at AZ over a two decade span (until a little over a decade ago) went to a FF at AZ. MU? A fucking joke.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carolina didn't shoot particularly well tonight either. Which I believe kept OU in it. Berry was pretty bad. He's playing hurt which has messed with his game. Carolina shot 25% in the first half. 36.8% for the game. Zags shot 48% against that SCAR defense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey, your reading comprehension skills are about as good as your ability to make a comparison. I clearly wrote that AZ has what MU and GU have combined. I even bolded "combined". That would mean that AZ has 1 title and 4 FFs, and MU + GU have 1 title and 4 FFs. And I'll stop there because it gets out of hand when it goes to FFs, and a whole host of other markers of success.

And AZ only got OADs when Miller showed up. OAD wasn't even around when Lute coached until he was about to retire.

I didn't trash GU. I complemented their program and team numerous times. You just can't read, as you've shown over and over. And the only reason I came after your team is because you brought AZ into it when I never once brought them up in any respect to say that they could make the FF. Get it? The whole convo was about GU, and you just brought up AZ under Miller because your argument is shit. Since you did that, I brought up MU. If you have no leg to stand on by going after someone's team for no reason, then this is what happens.

The problem with your comparable history is that again, outside of two years there is no comparison in the last 40 fucking years. MU hasn't done shit in 40 years compared to AZ. 1 FF and 1 EE and 38 years of mediocrity. AZ over that period wipes MU in every category except years missing the tourney and losing seasons. Congrats to MU.

I've witnessed my team winning a NC. You? With the exception of like 1 year, every player that stayed at AZ over a two decade span (until a little over a decade ago) went to a FF at AZ. MU? A fucking joke.

So you cherry pick?

MU was a blue blood type in 70s

Arizona is that now.

At the end of the day results are comparable.

Once again, you lose

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Crean on SC After Action Report live from Glendale, AZ. At least he has a job.:heh:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some more bull shit.

"Post 52: I think GU is a great program and Few is a great coach. I understand that other teams have gotten to the FF in the past with weak SOSs (especially CSOS). I'm not saying that they can't make it to the FF or win it (especially in a win or go home setting), but I just don't think it helps them to play against WCC competition for the final two months of the season every year.

Post 58: Like I said, Few is a great coach and GU is a solid program. What he's able to do in Spokane with not much else going in their athletic department, and with many teams refusing to go to the kennel is really impressive. I'm not trying to take anything away from Few.

Post 63: Again, I like Few. I'd really like to be wrong about this because I'd like to see another team west of Kansas hang a banner. It's great for AZ because we do play them all the time. But I also see that it's much less difficult to play 3-4 top 25 teams a year, before January, win all of them or lose all of them, and then you coast to March.

Post 72: If we disagree, we disagree. I look at Gonzaga and they are a solid program with solid teams every year. I think it takes a lot for them not to play anyone in the last half of the year and to get to as many S16s (or EEs for that matter) as they do.

Post 92: I'm not trying to shit on GU. I think they have a good team, a solid coach, and a solid program. I just don't think they ever look like a FF team. They look great to start the season, and they essentially stay there. I have to believe that they get to the second weekend this March, but depending on the matchup and location, I just don't see them pushing for a FF.

Post 159: Finally, I just want to reiterate to you that I think GU is a solid team. They are in my top ten for sure. But they are not one of the 6-8 teams right now that I would say going into March that I would say is a FF team.

If you think they can do it, you are 100% entitled to think it. It's not a bad bet. All I'm saying is that I don't see it. I think the EE is their ceiling. I should be able to say that too, right? Obviously I've given actual statistics and history to show why I think it. I'm not stating a completely irrational position with no support, right?

The only difference is that you think they can make it one more round than I do. I think it can definitely be a well-positioned disagreement by both sides."

The fact that you couldn't read that I think they're a top team that I just couldn't put into my final four, is beyond me. I would have had the same conversation about a half-dozen other teams including AZ. And out of all of that, all you see is that I bet against them. I just didn't bet on them. Get over it.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict UNC will lose in the same fashion they lost to Nova last year. :nod:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06