• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Fantasy 12

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I tried playing this game like 10 years ago but stuff happened, and I never played it. Now that I have massive amounts of time I am about to start it up.

Anyone play this game and can remember any tips?

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tip. Take the game out. Put in ff7. Play that. Lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I tried playing this game like 10 years ago but stuff happened, and I never played it. Now that I have massive amounts of time I am about to start it up.

Anyone play this game and can remember any tips?
Its a good game that goes on auto pilot about halfway through and has a pretty solid end game. IIRC, the name of the game is grinding in spots...I forget why...but if you grind in certain areas with enemies that drop certain items then it makes the game easier. In that regard, its a lot like FF1.

12 is probably my third or fourth favorite Final Fantasy. Probably still worth going through if only to see the art style and combat but the gambit system is just as hands off as the old FF7 summon and sleep system.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good game that goes on auto pilot about halfway through and has a pretty solid end game. IIRC, the name of the game is grinding in spots...I forget why...but if you grind in certain areas with enemies that drop certain items then it makes the game easier. In that regard, its a lot like FF1.

12 is probably my third or fourth favorite Final Fantasy. Probably still worth going through if only to see the art style and combat but the gambit system is just as hands off as the old FF7 summon and sleep system.
I like Grind Games, someone said this is one of the best games to grind, he said you can spend hundreds of hours grinding to do everything in the game.

So far it is kid of slow but I like the feel.

FF6 will always be the best IMO. 1, 3, 5, 7 all were great games but none had the perfect combination of music, gameplay, and fun as 6 for me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Grind Games, someone said this is one of the best games to grind, he said you can spend hundreds of hours grinding to do everything in the game.

So far it is kid of slow but I like the feel.

FF6 will always be the best IMO. 1, 3, 5, 7 all were great games but none had the perfect combination of music, gameplay, and fun as 6 for me.
To me, 7 was revolutionary for what it was but 6 is probably the quintessential Final Fantasy.

Imo, the best Final Fantasy isn't even a Final Fantasy. Its Lost Odyssey on the 360 which is a Final Fantasy in everything but the name. I also hold FF14: ARR and FF Tactics in high regard even though they aren't true Final Fantasy games. 7, 9, 12, 1 are all good. 10 is trash. 13 was epic trash. The new one looks weird.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, 7 was revolutionary for what it was but 6 is probably the quintessential Final Fantasy.

Imo, the best Final Fantasy isn't even a Final Fantasy. Its Lost Odyssey on the 360 which is a Final Fantasy in everything but the name. I also hold FF14: ARR and FF Tactics in high regard even though they aren't true Final Fantasy games. 7, 9, 12, 1 are all good. 10 is trash. 13 was epic trash. The new one looks weird.
I never played 13, but I did get through 10, though that is the ONLY FF I have never replayed (I can already tell I am replaying 12). Then I bought 10-2 and that was it for me, that game alone made it so I never just bought a Final Fantasy game, I had to make sure it was good first.

FF12 seems kind of overwhelming though, its like a Online Game but single player. I like the idea of this kind of "Farming" though.