• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feeling very optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like one imposter is done in Baylor. Unfortunately Florida State playing in the weak ACC has a free ride. Even their championship game will be like playing Purdue.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah

and only if we could get that other imposter out of the way. "cough"

Just think if Auburn was to beat Bama and win the SEC championship game they will jump OSU!!!! hahaha

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like one imposter is done in Baylor. Unfortunately Florida State playing in the weak ACC has a free ride. Even their championship game will be like playing Purdue.

The ACC is weak, no question...

but there is no denying that going to Death Valley at night, and winning a blowout vs. the Tigers is more impressive than anything that OSU is going to be able to accomplish this season.

If Ohio State had a game like that, then this point would be moot.... but they didn't.. .and FSU did, and they won it in front of the nation, in nothing less than absolute, positive domination.

You can't take that away from them.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is weak, no question...

but there is no denying that going to Death Valley at night, and winning a blowout vs. the Tigers is more impressive than anything that OSU is going to be able to accomplish this season.

If Ohio State had a game like that, then this point would be moot.... but they didn't.. .and FSU did, and they won it in front of the nation, in nothing less than absolute, positive domination.

You can't take that away from them.

Show me in the history of college football where a team who went undefeated the previous year. Tis year they start at number two and not a single game is close as they have won all their games. Then you have Florida State start at eleven and climb up that quick and pass number two. Its become a popularity contest controlled by the anti Big Ten media. Its obvious that ESPN is very pissed that the Big Ten Network which is competition uses their power to change polls.

Cakes I am not denying what Florida State did in one game on the road but that should never boost you from eleven to number two and allow you to pass teams that have done nothing wrong to be passed. There is a reason that Florida State started in that spot and there is a reason Alabama and Ohio State started where they did. That preseason ranking is earned by what you did the prior season. Alabama has done nothing to lose their spot and they haven't but neither has Ohio State.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah

and only if we could get that other imposter out of the way. "cough"

Just think if Auburn was to beat Bama and win the SEC championship game they will jump OSU!!!! hahaha

If auburn were to beat bama, they would be playing against FSU in the championship game. Their SOS will only be improved after they beat Missouri in the SEC championship. This is all a hypothetical of course and I don't expect Alabama to lose this season. This would have been the season to knock off the champs but the SEC is currently down at the moment.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If auburn were to beat bama, they would be playing against FSU in the championship game. Their SOS will only be improved after they beat Missouri in the SEC championship. This is all a hypothetical of course and I don't expect Alabama to lose this season. This would have been the season to knock off the champs but the SEC is currently down at the moment.

I have ben saying just eliminate all the other conferences and just let the two top teams from the SEC play for the National Championship every year. It doesn't matter if any team from any other conference is impressive and goes undefeated because we know they have no right to even stand on the same field as an SEC team.

Of course the media is ignoring Georgia Southern going on the road and beating Florida. Maybe this really never happened because no way a small school like this could ever beat an SEC team. Its impossible.

By the way Auburn has played a lot of close games but then I forgot style points don't matter if you are an SEC team.

How are there so many Big Ten quarterbacks starting in the NFL when the whole conference is terrible.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ben saying just eliminate all the other conferences and just let the two top teams from the SEC play for the National Championship every year. It doesn't matter if any team from any other conference is impressive and goes undefeated because we know they have no right to even stand on the same field as an SEC team.

Of course the media is ignoring Georgia Southern going on the road and beating Florida. Maybe this really never happened because no way a small school like this could ever beat an SEC team. Its impossible.

By the way Auburn has played a lot of close games but then I forgot style points don't matter if you are an SEC team.

How are there so many Big Ten quarterbacks starting in the NFL when the whole conference is terrible.

One, tell me when an undefeated BCS team was snubbed in the NC game for a one loss SEC team. Never happened. If Florida St and Ohio St go undefeated, they will probably play for the title. I don't think either is the best team in the country, but they would have earned the bid.

Two, I can only think of one time that 2 SEC teams played for the title and they were both the best teams in the country that year.

Three, the big 10 is down THIS year, but that doesn't mean they are always bad. You have to admit the conference isn't much this year outside of OSU. So bringing up QBs that USED to play in the conference is meaningless to how good they are this year.

Yes there is an SEC bias, but not nearly as bad as the bias YOU have against them. You can't be that naive to think that SEC isn't a great football conference just because you don't like them. By the way, you want to give props to OSU playing a PAC12 team, so why don't you bring up Mizzou playing on the road against a big 10 team. Mizzou blasted Indiana on their home field. Do they get any credit for that?

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One, tell me when an undefeated BCS team was snubbed in the NC game for a one loss SEC team. Never happened. If Florida St and Ohio St go undefeated, they will probably play for the title. I don't think either is the best team in the country, but they would have earned the bid.

Two, I can only think of one time that 2 SEC teams played for the title and they were both the best teams in the country that year.

Three, the big 10 is down THIS year, but that doesn't mean they are always bad. You have to admit the conference isn't much this year outside of OSU. So bringing up QBs that USED to play in the conference is meaningless to how good they are this year.

Yes there is an SEC bias, but not nearly as bad as the bias YOU have against them. You can't be that naive to think that SEC isn't a great football conference just because you don't like them. By the way, you want to give props to OSU playing a PAC12 team, so why don't you bring up Mizzou playing on the road against a big 10 team. Mizzou blasted Indiana on their home field. Do they get any credit for that?

LSU beat Alabama the year they let them play each other in the National Championship. So the National Championship should have been LSU versus Oklahoma State. The best team isn't always the National Champion.

Missouri may be the best team in the SEC nut they lost a game they probably shouldn't have. The SEC is very good but I don't think its as good as it was several years ago. The Pac 12 has had some recent down years but I think its the toughest in college football right now. Conferences go up and down and that's just the way it is.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're beyond ridiculous in the way you see things CP

Bama lost against LSU the #1 team in the nation that year while Oklahoma State lost against an unranked team. Let this sink in your head for a moment! The national championship is about the 2 best teams playing END OF STORY.

I think the voters are totally bias for letting OSU and it's weak schedule even sniff the top 5. Hell those so called weak out of conference teams Bama plays. Well guess what, they have more balls than OSU and have played more top 10 teams than OSU has in like FOREVER.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're beyond ridiculous in the way you see things CP

Bama lost against LSU the #1 team in the nation that year while Oklahoma State lost against an unranked team. Let this sink in your head for a moment! The national championship is about the 2 best teams playing END OF STORY.

I think the voters are totally bias for letting OSU and it's weak schedule even sniff the top 5. Hell those so called weak out of conference teams Bama plays. Well guess what, they have more balls than OSU and have played more top 10 teams than OSU has in like FOREVER.

The SEC is basically ESPN. The product of ESPN does well when the SEC does well because they are in bed witk them. They have created such a mess where we have two teams from the same conference playing the championship. It would be like MLB deciding the Yankees and Red Sox were the two best teams and all those other who won their division would play for third place. I've watched way more college football than you Bama so I can tell you the favored team doesn't always win. The BCS is not a real championship when it guarantees one conference will always have one participant and sometimes both. Its a bogus system that is giving us what media giant ESPN wants.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for LSU how are you the best team when you can't even cross midfield till the third quarter.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU beat Alabama the year they let them play each other in the National Championship. So the National Championship should have been LSU versus Oklahoma State. The best team isn't always the National Champion.

Missouri may be the best team in the SEC nut they lost a game they probably shouldn't have. The SEC is very good but I don't think its as good as it was several years ago. The Pac 12 has had some recent down years but I think its the toughest in college football right now. Conferences go up and down and that's just the way it is.

OK St lost to hapless Iowa State that year. Alabama lost to undefeated number one ranked LSU. So why exactly would OK St have been more worthy? Oh yeah, they aren't an SEC team and that is why. Right?

Do you even get how anti SEC you are? You think non SEC teams get snubbed for SEC teams, but you don't look objectively. Bama lost once last year to Texas A&M who was a great football team. Oregon lost to a very good Stanford team and K State lost to a middle of the road Baylor team. So why didn't Bama deserve the nod? Had Oregon got in, that would have been an OK choice as well; but, had either Oregon or K State not had the late season loss, they would have been in the title game. That isn't an SEC bias.

Same with this year. If Bama loses and Florida St and OSU go undefeated, those teams will most likely play in the title game. If Auburn or Missouri (which ever one is the one to beat Bama) were to leap frog OSU, then you have a complaint. And that might very well happen if Bama loses. I don't think Bama is going to lose, but it is possible. Being a Mizzou guy, I hope they do win out and leap frog OSU. I would not apologize at all.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see FSU and Bama really making a case for themselves in this debate with scheduling beasts like Idaho and TN-Chattanooga to round out their season. I'd make fun of OSU for their turd opponent, but they are in the Big Ten and can't really help it.

The reality is whoever remains undefeated (from a power conference) is going to the NC. If that happens to be OSU, Bama and FSU...you may as well just flip some coins to figure it out. There isn't one that clearly has the superior resume to the others. Should probably be Bama v. FSU IMO, although I'd prefer to see OSU so they'd finally have to play an elite opponent. I think the results would be unsurprising.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see FSU and Bama really making a case for themselves in this debate with scheduling beasts like Idaho and TN-Chattanooga to round out their season. I'd make fun of OSU for their turd opponent, but they are in the Big Ten and can't really help it.

The reality is whoever remains undefeated (from a power conference) is going to the NC. If that happens to be OSU, Bama and FSU...you may as well just flip some coins to figure it out. There isn't one that clearly has the superior resume to the others. Should probably be Bama v. FSU IMO, although I'd prefer to see OSU so they'd finally have to play an elite opponent. I think the results would be unsurprising.

In a previous post I listed the strength of schedule so far. Bama's was the best of the three and they haven't played Auburn or Mizzou yet (assuming Mizzou beats A&M). So their resume (if they win out) will easily be the best of the group. The real question for me is the debate between FSU and OSU. Florida St isn't going to up their resume with Florida and probably Duke left. But OSU will have a decent Michigan team on the road and a then against a very good Michigan St team. If all three go undefeated, is it Bama vs FSU or Bama vs OSU? I think FSU ends up getting the nod, but it is a valid debate.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest Scorps...

The BCS is no different than ANY National Champion in Division one.....

As bad as the BCS is (and I'm not appologic for them AT ALL) - It clearly is better than the older system... which was basically a complete and utter joke.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both systems are a joke. The BCS system is less transparent & easier to manipulate by conferences than the old system.

Good riddance to the BCS.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a previous post I listed the strength of schedule so far. Bama's was the best of the three and they haven't played Auburn or Mizzou yet (assuming Mizzou beats A&M). So their resume (if they win out) will easily be the best of the group. The real question for me is the debate between FSU and OSU. Florida St isn't going to up their resume with Florida and probably Duke left. But OSU will have a decent Michigan team on the road and a then against a very good Michigan St team. If all three go undefeated, is it Bama vs FSU or Bama vs OSU? I think FSU ends up getting the nod, but it is a valid debate.

What I am saying is that a team that starts at eleven should not be able to pass a team that starts number two. I think when the season is done the Buckeyes strength of schedule is clearly better than Florida State. Alabama and Ohio State earned this years preseason ranking based on what they did last season and what was expected form them this year. To just move Florida State past Ohio State is a joke.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes cause Bama should have to play a top 20 every week and let all the other teams outside the SEC play 1 tough game a year excluding OSU who plays no tough teams.:lol:

I mean it's only fair that Bama should have to face yet another top 20 team before facing Auburn in the biggest and best rivalry in college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.