• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite part of FF dynasty season?

What's your favorite part of a dynasty FF season?

• Pre-NFL Draft Speculation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFL Draft

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Post-NFL Draft (trading for draft spots!)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • FF Draft prep

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • FF Draft

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Training camp - news, roster tweaking

• Week before kickoff

• First week

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The weekly grind

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • FF final regular season weeks - playoff qualifications and seeding

• FF playoffs

• FF off season

• Total voters

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored, so here's a poll. You can pick up to three...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt pick multiple. Its hands doen the draft.

Followed by week 1 i think, then playoffs, then trades.

But i think the draft is way above the rest, and honestly week 1 next. Week 1 yoir excited its fun, theres waiver gems there, even if you sucked week 1 your optimistic, the season is JUST starting…

Playoffs r fun but yourre in edge too.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the rookie draft for me too. Not only is that when the most trading happens, but doing all the research on the rookies gives us all that do dynasty a leg up on the guys that just do redraft and have to start from scratch in August evaluating the rookies.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My FAVORITE part of dynasty?

For me, it would have to be landing a player that really helps your team - whether that be by trade, draft, or free agency.

Strip away the hype and the expectations (and perhaps the "investment" to acquire) many players can frustrate.

Always felt a sense of accomplishment that i added a player who flew under the radar yet was a solid contributor week in and week out.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My FAVORITE part of dynasty?

For me, it would have to be landing a player that really helps your team - whether that be by trade, draft, or free agency.

Strip away the hype and the expectations (and perhaps the "investment" to acquire) many players can frustrate.

Always felt a sense of accomplishment that i added a player who flew under the radar yet was a solid contributor week in and week out.
Maybe because getting a player happens all at once, but seeing whether we were right about a player happens bit-by-bit?

I think my favorite moments are somewhere in the weekly grind - when a player you fought to get pays off.

@TREFF, what felt better, getting the fifth pick in that big trade that got you Chase? trading for Rhamondre? Week 1 when Chase got 100 yards and a TD? or week 10 when Rhamondre busted out with 100 yards and 2 TDs?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because getting a player happens all at once, but seeing whether we were right about a player happens bit-by-bit?

I think my favorite moments are somewhere in the weekly grind - when a player you fought to get pays off.

@TREFF, what felt better, getting the fifth pick in that big trade that got you Chase? trading for Rhamondre? Week 1 when Chase got 100 yards and a TD? or week 10 when Rhamondre busted out with 100 yards and 2 TDs?
Yes

;)

I would say that making a trade which, at the time of the deal, seams like an even deal, both sides win, but as it plays out, that one part that you identified as a potential stud, balls out and turns it entirely in your favor. Whomever that might be. That's always the best part of FF to me, finding that gem before anyone else gets wind of him. Occasionally you seem to be the biggest fool, Occasionally it wins you titles. And it can apply to the draft, trades, waivers..

I yell ya what felt the worst out of those things....week 15, playoffs rd 1, I lost by like 8-9 pts and Chase had a whopping 1 catch and 3 f'n yards despite not missing time to injury. Even his mediocre day would've gotten me a win. Such is life.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that my favorite thing that has happened over the last few years was picking up Elijah Mitchell at 12:45 on Sunday morning of week 2 last year because Adam Schefter said that he wouldn't be surprised at all if he led the backfield in carries that day. A lot of times that stuff doesn't work out, but when it does it's awesome because you know that everybody in the league had an equal shot at him since he was a free agent and it cost you absolutely nothing to gain a starting running back. Special shout out to @TREFF for drafting him and then dropping him on cut down day.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that my favorite thing that has happened over the last few years was picking up Elijah Mitchell at 12:45 on Sunday morning of week 2 last year because Adam Schefter said that he wouldn't be surprised at all if he led the backfield in carries that day. A lot of times that stuff doesn't work out, but when it does it's awesome because you know that everybody in the league had an equal shot at him since he was a free agent and it cost you absolutely nothing to gain a starting running back. Special shout out to @TREFF for drafting him and then dropping him on cut down day.
Glad I made someone feel special

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many things I don't like in dynasty - - but it gives great satisfaction engineering trades (picks, players or combo). Sometimes they work out, sometimes not so much yet the joy of the back and forth to get there is fun. Getting that 'diamond in the rough' is a great feeling as well regardless how it happens. .......
It's pat on the back.gif time in those cases where the 'throw-in' player(s) give as much or more value as the actual target.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was me seeing you snagging Mitchell as a FA before I was aware Treff cut him:

Animated GIF

Snooze you lose I guess.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly grind is hard to top, since that’s kind of what it’s all about.

I’ll tell ya what I don’t like. Drafting a guy like George Kittle in the 5th round and dropping him before the season starts.

Also, being “in and out of it” so to speak. Meaning drafting in May and making a decision, then a few months later, forget you passed on someone (in the draft and FA), and trade a 1st round pick for him (Hines D1) because of some hype.

Everything else is the tits!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trades are fun, but the draft is where it’s at.

So many variables, never know who is going to fall, etc. So exciting!

My FF league doesn’t do trades during the draft, but that would make it even better than it already is.