• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fangio fired

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not sure or sold on Leftwich but thought it was something to bring up and think about.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not sure or sold on Leftwich but thought it was something to bring up and think about.

Glad you did. Haven't thought much about him for Denver but he is surely going to be interviewed by nearly every team looking for a HC this offseason and not just because of the Rooney Rule.

Funny how Eric Bienemy never comes up in coaching talks this year.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list is going to be long. I am always leary about an offensive minded coach mostly because I am more irritated with a poor defense then I am with a poor offense. Let's not blurt out too many names because it always ends up being one we don't mention but I would think Dan Quinn, Doug Pederson and Nathaniel Hackett would be two other popular names added to your list above. Seems like Eric Bienemy's name has really cooled off this offseason.
Often new HC's can be like a box of chocolates regardless of the side of the ball they come from. Brian Billick was an offensive minded coach who became the HC in Baltimore and preceded to command over a very stingy defense.

I just hope they get a guy with a good head on his shoulders...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is a pretty classy guy and judging by the way his players fought for him and have backed him after his firing it is pretty telling his players loved him.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened once they’re OCs left?

Quinn’s OC went on to another SB while the Falcons got considerably worse. They’re still dealing with the fallout of Quinn’s horrid tenure.

Pederson handled his QB situation worse than Fangio did here and almost ruined Carson Wentz as bad as Fangio ruined Lock. Bear in mind Lock and Wentz had statistically identical seasons last year. This year, Wentz is back with Reich and having a very good season. Meanwhile the Eagles that we’re helpless under Pederson last year are already back in the postseason without him.

We can do much, MUCH better than either of those two clowns.
Wentz was hot garbage yesterday with the playoffs on the line. In fact, 3 of his last 4 games this season he was terrible, and that's with probably the best RB in the NFL. He just sucks.

Pederson won a Super Bowl with Nick fucking Foles. The Broncos could do a lot worse than him IMO.

I'm with you on Dan Quinn though, I want no part of that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can also do much, much better. I’m a Pass on Pederson.
Who? Harbaugh and a lot of unknowns? Pederson has proven he can win the Super Bowl. If you hire a coordinator who has never coached before you're rolling the dice.

I'd have Harbaugh, Pederson, and Flores at the top of my list.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? Harbaugh and a lot of unknowns? Pederson has proven he can win the Super Bowl. If you hire a coordinator who has never coached before you're rolling the dice.

I'd have Harbaugh, Pederson, and Flores at the top of my list.

I’d have Harbaugh and Flores at the top of my list too.

Harbaugh proved he could win with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. Flores proved he can win with a depleted Dolphins roster. All Pederson proved is he could ride Frank Reich’s coattails. No thanks…

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Harbaugh a decade just to beat Ohio State - I'm a no on him.

I'd like Flores, but I don't see why anyone thinks he will take the job.

I'll wait for Paton and just complain about it later.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Harbaugh a decade just to beat Ohio State - I'm a no on him.

It took him less than a full season to get to a SB with Colin Kaepernick. The NFL is not college. I couldn’t care less if he was 0-100 against Ohio St. I wouldn’t be paying him to beat Ohio St.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have Harbaugh and Flores at the top of my list too.

Harbaugh proved he could win with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. Flores proved he can win with a depleted Dolphins roster. All Pederson proved is he could ride Frank Reich’s coattails. No thanks…
Since leaving Philly for Indy, both Pederson and Reich are 1-2 in the playoffs...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him less than a full season to get to a SB with Colin Kaepernick. The NFL is not college. I couldn’t care less if he was 0-100 against Ohio St. I wouldn’t be paying him to beat Ohio St.
Yeah - that's a good point.

I don't see Paton hiring a my way or the highway kind of guy. If the Broncos really believe they have the basis already for a championship team - they are going to try to match the leader to the already in place - player group. The Broncos don't believe they have a culture problem. Harbaugh is going to have to win with a team that reflects his values and temperament - and these Broncos don't need to be blown up and rebuilt.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since leaving Philly for Indy, both Pederson and Reich are 1-2 in the playoffs...

But Reich doesn’t have any 4 win seasons under his belt either. Or any under .500 seasons at all. Pederson left the Eagles a mess and they’re already back in the playoffs now that he’s gone.

Don’t want anything to do with him in Denver.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Reich doesn’t have any 4 win seasons under his belt either. Or any under .500 seasons at all. Pederson left the Eagles a mess and they’re already back in the playoffs now that he’s gone.

Don’t want anything to do with him in Denver.
Or maybe they really weren't that much of a mess.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson isn't a bad coach... But he isn't coming to Denver so we can get off that topic it appears.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing I will miss the most about Fangio is his after game speeches. Where he gives stats, gives a BOOM then gives a gameball. He wasn't the greatest at speeches but I think the players knew he tried and got a kick out of it.