• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN reportedly suspends Bill Simmons from twitter over Bayless-Sherman comments

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not a company man. wow, three in a row like that? Did no one warn him to drop it? :scratch:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was correct. He should be aloud to say what he wants to say. I really am starting to hate ESPN more than ever. And to think Sherman "won" is a joke. Saying as many things as you can without listening or answering a question is not "winning" an argument. It is however, the formula for a Jerry Springer/ Maury Povich show.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Although I agree with what Simmons said, it's not really ethical to tell veiwers to not watch any ESPN program if he is employed by ESPN... lol

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Ha, a three day twitter suspension.

That just makes ESPN look even more ridiculous. I'm so angry at you!!! No twitter and go straight to bed!!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone who thinks Sherman and his mindless drivel would win an arguement with a squirrel, much less Skip Bayless, needs to be sterilized.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Sherman and his mindless drivel would win an arguement with a squirrel, much less Skip Bayless, needs to be sterilized.

He officially became my least favorite person in the NFL after that interview. I agree with just about nothing that comes out of Skip Bayless's mouth, but It's not about that. You don't need to go on a live TV show in which he is one of the hosts and act like an idiot. Skip isn't a bad person. He just doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Skip actually handled Sherman's personal attacks with a lot of class and poise. Sherman just spewed incoherent stupidity.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip actually handled Sherman's personal attacks with a lot of class and poise. Sherman just spewed incoherent stupidity.

You're right. I thought he handled himself well. Is Skip just a genius who is just really good at playing the apparent idiot for the sake of good Television (or really bad Television if you're on the other side of the argument)?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A three day Twitter suspension? You get 'em ESPN!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He officially became my least favorite person in the NFL after that interview. I agree with just about nothing that comes out of Skip Bayless's mouth, but It's not about that. You don't need to go on a live TV show in which he is one of the hosts and act like an idiot. Skip isn't a bad person. He just doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time.

Going along with your last commet...

I don't think that Skip doesn't know what he is talking about. There is method to his madness. That show gets huge ratings and he is the reason. Same thing with Jessica Simpson. She played such an idiot on her "reality" show when in real life she turned that character in a hugely successful business woman with a company set to make in the billions. I doubt Skip believes half the shit that comes out of his mouth, but he knows it is going to cause controversy and therefore ratings. If it was any player aside from Sherman I might think this was all a plan. Andy Kaufman style.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going along with your last comment...

I don't think that Skip doesn't know what he is talking about. There is method to his madness. That show gets huge ratings and he is the reason. Same thing with Jessica Simpson. She played such an idiot on her "reality" show when in real life she turned that character in a hugely successful business woman with a company set to make in the billions. I doubt Skip believes half the shit that comes out of his mouth, but he knows it is going to cause controversy and therefore ratings. If it was any player aside from Sherman I might think this was all a plan. Andy Kaufman style.

Well said, Tall - I agree.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Going along with your last commet...

:agree:

I also thought of Skip as the equivalent of a heel in wrestling. He knows exactly how to "work the crowd" and he fully understands his role is to be the "villain" and off the wall type.

Let's face it the show isn't about hard hitting sports journalism but pure entertainment just like most morning shows are.

So aside from the true sports enthusiasts it would be dull to the masses if everyone was having a gentlemanly conversation and agreeing with each other.

Eric Mangini is one of the smartest guys they have on the show but could you imagine if he was one of the full time debaters? The show would be a disaster not because Mangini doesn't know what he's talking about but because his criticism is like someone tapping in the head with a feather.