• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN: Rangers won because the bullpen phone didn't work.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe how people like Boone and company are spinning this.

LaRussa had 2 other games to figure out the bullpen phone set up.

He seemed to get the message across the other two games.

This is an excuse a child would make.

These are grown men.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hearing this too. I'm sorry, but no other team has had an issue, and TLR didn't have an issue in the previous games. Sounds like the classy TLR is looking to blame someone else for his poor BP use decisions.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Cards lost because they were 1-12 with RISP. No one to blame but themselves.

pmk422

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait, so do you all actually think TLR decided to bring in flynn just to intentionally walk Kinsler, and that there was no miscommunication because of crowd noise? No one is that dumb.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trolling, I am actually asking...

What kind of visibility is there for the home team to their BP?

What kind of visibility is there for the visiting team to their BP?

On ESPN last night, they kept saying how the visiting dugout has no visibility to the visiting BP, and that the BP phone was in a very odd, hidden place that often is not heard by the coaches. Is there any truth to this? Does the home BP have a similar layout?

I don't remember the Giants having any issues like this in last year's WS...

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

On ESPN last night, they kept saying how the visiting dugout has no visibility to the visiting BP, and that the BP phone was in a very odd, hidden place that often is not heard by the coaches. Is there any truth to this? Does the home BP have a similar layout?

Been to many Rangers Games. As far as I can see there is no visibility Problems in either Dugout. You can see the Visitor's Bullpen from the Visiting Dugout.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

both dugouts have excellent visibility and no other team has ever complained about the bullpens or the phone system. the only complain was that during the day games the sun got in the catcher's eyes so a screen was put up for them. and TLR's comment was that there was a misunderstanding between him and the bullpen coach that he blamed on crowd noise. he said he told them he wanted rzepczynski and motte and somehow or other they got rzepczynski & Lynn up and he didn't want to use Lynn so he was forced to use rzepcynski against Napoli.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of two things. Of TLR is whining about the phones and BP setup he is a whiny little bitch and I have lost any and all respect for him at this point.

If the crowd, just made it difficult to communicate with the coaches over the phone... Well done Rangers fans!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, if there were visibility issues, the visiting team wouldn't always be putting towels and such up to hide who is getting ready. Second, the reason the guy was brought in was odd, but not Texas' fault. I believe TLR asked for the wrong guy, and now is blaming everyone else as he tends to do. REalized that called for the wrong guy, and now is changing his story.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, if there were visibility issues, the visiting team wouldn't always be putting towels and such up to hide who is getting ready. Second, the reason the guy was brought in was odd, but not Texas' fault. I believe TLR asked for the wrong guy, and now is blaming everyone else as he tends to do. REalized that called for the wrong guy, and now is changing his story.

and i agree, he claims he asked for them to get Motte up and they misunderstood and thought he said Lynn. Does Lynn sound that close to Motte?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i agree, he claims he asked for them to get Motte up and they misunderstood and thought he said Lynn. Does Lynn sound that close to Motte?

Not at all. He is saying that the phones are too quiet. First anyone has EVER said that. Wasn't a problem for any other game, either.

He screwed up and won't man up and admit it. Little freakin baby. He wears his pants too high and looks like he is wearing diapers as well.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Plus it was on the TV monitor that is on the wall in the tunnel to the visitors clubhouse about 5' behind where he was standing.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate the guy now. I've always heard he was a pompous and arrogant ass, but seeing it up close is really disgusting.

Let me ask you doubters this. If LaRussa and his staff had determined that Lynn was absoloutely unavailable, then why in the world would they just get off the phone if they thought they had heard Lynn's name without even so much as double checking with TLR?

The guy screwed up. The Cardinals blew it. After game 4 it was the strike zone that cost them the game. Now it's the bullpen phones. On the other hand you see Wash in the Rangers dugout holding his guys accountable and taking nothing away from the opponent when the Rangers lose.

How refreshing was it to hear Maddon and Leyland give all the credit in the world to the Rangers? I loved the respect they showed. TLR is a jackass and a loser in the truest sense of the word. Maybe he was on the sauce again last night, and that's why he screwed up. Well, maybe not since he stayed awake the entire game. We all know the man can't hold his liquor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Wall said on the radio today than he thinks Tony is covering for somebody and doesn't want to throw anyone under the bus. I find that theory more probable than him making the mistake of sending a lefty out against Napoli.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BSPN ...Rangers are truly getting no respect. Last year was a fluke and this season, the Cardinals are choking. Blah Blah Blah. Same story with the Mavs. Guess what, we have an NBA Champion, and we're one game away from a WS Champion, too! Hopefully, our Rangers will step up and finish what they started last year! Fact is even if it was Motte, who says he would have gotten Napoli out? All we needed was a Sac Fly. The media also questioned him for walking Nelson Cruz instead of allowing Dotel to pitch to him. Sure, Nelly has had "a quiet" series, but that's part because STL has pretty much pitched around him. STL is treating Cruz the same we way we're treating Pujols (and rightly so). Man just went bonkers against Detroit, including 2 HR's against the best pitcher in baseball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Imagine how really torqued ATL is to be watching all this going on ... and realize that they ended up losing out on the opportunity that STL was given.

If ATL had made the playoffs, we'd be playing Philly right now most likely. That team was done and injured. Tim Hudson was pretty much all they had on the pitching staff at the end. Hanson and Jurjens were both injured and Lowe was a mess.

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think larussa was so sure about mark getting murph out that he didnt have any body else up. when murph got the base hit it totally blew his plan to walk napoli and pitch to moreland. the bases were loaded and had nowhere to put nap so he had to pitch to him.he made a poor management decision and dosent want to own up to it. great move by wash letting david face mark it worked out.lefty righty lefty everybody thought was a bad idea having nap in between the two left handed bats. GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!