• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was definitely referring to free agency. it also wasn't specific to the Patriots but referenced several teams. Even if it would have been about the draft your point was by no means made. Two posts do not equal years of the fan base loving to compare their drafts to the Patriots. So no I don't think anyone here needs to "own it."

And what the fuck does a TP liking a post two months ago have to do with this conversation? I can tell you, nothing. maybe you have an inferiority complex and have to bring random shot up to down someone not even involved, or maybe not. Eight ball says Outlook murky. So maybe I'm wrong.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob base said: Lions fans LOVE to compare the team to the Patriots every draft year, but never mention how they snagged the best TE in the NFL in round 2 when defending the Ebron pick.

Neither my post, nor quackerjacks were talking about the Patriots drafts.

Semantics. CLEARLY you use the Pats as the measuring stick, which is the point. You're really gonna deny it? I'll 100% find posts where you and others discuss the draft. I'll set aside some time to prove it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was definitely referring to free agency. it also wasn't specific to the Patriots but referenced several teams. Even if it would have been about the draft your point was by no means made. Two posts do not equal years of the fan base loving to compare their drafts to the Patriots. So no I don't think anyone here needs to "own it."

And what the fuck does a TP liking a post two months ago have to do with this conversation? I can tell you, nothing. maybe you have an inferiority complex and have to bring random shot up to down someone not even involved, or maybe not. Eight ball says Outlook murky. So maybe I'm wrong.

My point is made. You guys use the Pats as a measuring stick all the time. But not with Ebron. Absolutely no mention of how the mighty Pats used a 2nd to take the best TE in the league. Oh how convenient. I'll find more posts since you really want us to believe you do it w FA but not the draft? Give me a break.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talking just this draft, or in general. You're kidding and/or lying to yourself (the latter seems to happen all too often around here) if you think the Pats don't ever trade up.

Some of the things people will shit on Mayhew for really are amazing. Basic "football type things" that every GM in the league does become monumentally stupid when Mayhew does them... I don't get it? :noidea:

Here's TP defending Mayhew's trading up by.....wait for it....using the Pats. Pats trade up! So it must be a good move!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread. | Page 43 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

More where this came from I'm sure.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Quackernuts saying the SAME thing he just ripped me for.

The funny thing about this conversation though is everyone always says we should do things like teams like the Patriots. The Patriots never ever would have given Suh the money it would have take to stay. Ravens and Packers are similar. The clown show fucks up, but letting a guy that wants too much money is not a bad sign.

Oh no! It's not draft related! Lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan base does it. The Pats are the NFL measuring stick.

It's just funny how it doesn't come up in Ebron threads.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Falcondud, better rub some of that shit on yourself. Caught you saying the same thing as me. Now man up and own it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight ball says Outlook murky. So maybe I'm wrong.

giphy.gif

All signs point to true!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more before the Wheel.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think you may be selling them short on a couple of accounts. I feel like it all stems from hating Mayhew. There's a noticeable trend on this board. Most of the fans that Hate Mayhew tend to hate his decisions.

What if the Patriots drafted the same exact players we did? Tomlinson would ultimately be a great pick. Abdullah would be a great addition regardless of the small hands. Carter would somehow be an excellent prospect to coach up. Moving up to take Wright would be seen as a master move because they got someone they wanted. Everything would be gravy.

Brown and Coleman might look better in the fans eyes if they could've pulled that off in the first two rounds but surely fans would've complained about the OT or OG position. I guess if you replace Carter with Jarrett or Davis, that also looks better for whatever reason. If Mayhew keep that 3rd, we have no 4th which someone would've boldly said that Mayhew is stupid for not getting back in it. The media never spoke of Wright, therefore he sucks.

If the Lions sucked real bad, they end up with a Rams draft or Atlanta or Cleveland. Teams on the back end are at a disadvantage sometimes but thats not a excuse.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy fuck, lol.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think following the lead of teams like them, the Patriots, and the Packers, who don't spend big in free agency, let over-priced vets walk away, and extend their own up-and-coming talent with the $$ that other teams use on free agents.

kinsey.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we talking about the Patriots and Gronkowski in this thread? Ebron isn't Gronkowski.

If you guys are going to argue -- at least bring up the right team/teams -- The Saints and now the Seahawks. Eric Ebron is our Jimmy Graham. Now go ahead and discuss. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like wanting to be more Patriot like is a sin. We should be so lucky.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics. CLEARLY you use the Pats as the measuring stick, which is the point. You're really gonna deny it? I'll 100% find posts where you and others discuss the draft. I'll set aside some time to prove it.
Wow....you don't do well with being proved wrong. You should just own it ;)