• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enough to contact the Commish?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a trade just went down in one of my money/redraft leagues. I'm usually one to let trades go through, but this seemed a lil fishy to me, partly bc I've received similar offers from one of the owners involved. Here's the trade:

Team tied for first receives Leveon Bell/Kelvin Benjamin
Team in last place and out of playoffs receives McFadden/Vernon Davis/AJ Green

Having AJ in the offer seems to "balance" it out, but the points between the players isn't even close. I am on the brink of a playoff spot, and only know the Commish as he was an old friend that contacted me last minute to join. Everyone else he either works with or is related to in some way.

Is this trade questionable or should I disregard and just continue on my potential playoff path?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... what kind of offer did you receive?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think threes a clear winner and loser, but it's not blatant enough where I would raise a stink about it

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sadly I think people do this in hopes that someone doesnt care late in the season...its rather annoying but I counter with a garbage offer and they typically go away.

However since this is a money league I think it warrants a conversation with the Commish but not necessarily a veto, but I would absolutely have a discussion with the Commish.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my answer is the same as always... It depends on the league... If owners in the league regularly veto BAD trades then this is voteable... if this is the first veto for this league this season, it just isnt worth it... It certainly is a bad trade though...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly I think people do this in hopes that someone doesnt care late in the season...its rather annoying but I counter with a garbage offer and they typically go away.

However since this is a money league I think it warrants a conversation with the Commish but not necessarily a veto, but I would absolutely have a discussion with the Commish.

I know that's why they do it, but the sheer ridiculousness of that offer tells me he probably offered the other guy a similar BS offer, and this is the result of whatever negotiations they had. I've seen worse go through than the one in question.

Sure tell him about the crap offers, let your opinion be heard, but I just don't see a big enough gap to hoot and hollar about further than that

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought: rather than a straight deadline, how about once you hit 7 or 8 losses you can't trade? Teams that are out of it have no business trading in seasonal leagues. Play the wire if you want to win a toilet bowl.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought: rather than a straight deadline, how about once you hit 7 or 8 losses you can't trade? Teams that are out of it have no business trading in seasonal leagues. Play the wire if you want to win a toilet bowl.

I agree 100 percent with Wil. Once a team is mathematically eliminated that team should be allowed NO MORE trades.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where my concern lies. First few weeks til the middle of season? Ok fine. I don't agree with the trade but it would be far from horrible. But with just a few weeks left and the last place team has NO chance for any money, I simply feel there might've been a lil collusion. Or atleast a guy just said "I don't care, take who u want".