• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Edmonton Oilers at Los Angeles Kings 10/27/13 | 9:00pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Quick get first star?
I guess it's the home thing - Bachman should have been first star but oh well the three stars are overrated most of the time

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Frattin a star?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Frattin a star?

Maybe it's just me, but it was the most effective game I have seen from him as a King. He was all over the place checking, creating traffic and doing what he could for his line mates. Based on that, I would have given him a star of the game.

Hope it's the start of good things to come from him.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure getting that first goal was probably a big weight off his shoulders. I was kind of zoning out the entire game and don't recall seeing much of him, I was thinking Richards would've probably been one of the stars. Thought he had a great game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure getting that first goal was probably a big weight off his shoulders. I was kind of zoning out the entire game and don't recall seeing much of him,

Goals are always nice, but I also think a lot of guys contribute to teams who don't get the glory and are unsung. Lewis comes to mind immediately for LA, he does a lot of the little things that don't show up on a stat sheet but are integral to the team's success.

That's where I would have placed Frattin last night, and I hope you're right, that the goal he got sparks him. He's been blase so far and I expected much more from a guy who the Kings gave away a franchise goalie for.

Leaf fans were applauding him and hyping him, but I equate that to when O'Sullivan was here: easy to stand out when your team blows. It's when you have a solid team where that presence counts.

I'm sure that weighs on him too so it can't be easy being watched so closely which could lead up to the lack of success from pressing too much.

I was thinking Richards would've probably been one of the stars. Thought he had a great game.

Richards was a beast. That guy was all over the place making things happen. Loved Simmonds but Richards was exactly what the Kings needed and he's paid that trade over 100 fold in less than 2 years.