• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EC Finals Series Thread | (3) Boston Bruins vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning

Cricket

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What? Be nice? Why? I love humiliating people. And I can still expect my invite in the mail right? Also....

GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IN!

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Be nice? Why? I love humiliating people. And I can still expect my invite in the mail right? Also....

GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IN!

Southern hockey fans. :rolleyes:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I say Sir! I have been insulted. So here in lays the questions. Challenge you to a duel or just pull out the shotgun now. So many choices to make today.

So long as you bring the ribs I'll be happy with your choice. :hungry:

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind saying this, I am jealous as shit about the Lightning's success. Just three years ago, they were worse than the Leafs. But even a team based in Tampa Bay can put together a winner better and quicker than MLSE. That really aggravates me(fucking Brian Burke).

Of course, we didn't luck out and draft a Stamkos, but we wouldn't have had the pick to do it with anyway likely. :L

Cricket

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you have duels and Southern marriages mixed up?

It's amazing how often those two go hand in hand.

Fuck the ribs. I will bring the North Carolina style pulled pork. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. And sweet tea! Must not forget that. Ever.

Cricket

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't mind saying this, I am jealous as shit about the Lightning's success. Just three years ago, they were worse than the Leafs. But even a team based in Tampa Bay can put together a winner better and quicker than MLSE. That really aggravates me(fucking Brian Burke).

Of course, we didn't luck out and draft a Stamkos, but we wouldn't have had the pick to do it with anyway likely. :L

I've said it before. And I suppose I'll say it one more time. The Bolts were never a "bad" team. They had a core group of very solid players the whole time. Bringing Tampa back has been a real group effort of management and players. They've been able to combine current skill, new skill and guys most teams wouldn't of given a glance at very very well. With some real direction, clear expectations and new blood they've turned into the kind of team they always could of been. (Yes yes I know I'm biased.)

What I admire most about their effort is that's it's not just to make a team but it's about creating a culture. As a recent transplant I could be wrong. But it seems like Tampa has had a core fan base, small it may of been, and now I suppose people really feel like they have a team to get behind. Of course you'll see more people jump on as they win and if they should fall I'm sure a few new fans will go as well. But with this new sense of pride in this team I think a lot more will stick around.

I think the real shame is they've shown this kind of talent all season long. And it's only just now people are starting to pay attention and give them a bit of credit. I personally look forward to seeing them grown and mature as a team. I think they're on the right road. And I think it will be a hell of a ride. Hopefully for a very long time to come.

Man I got long winded. Sorry about that.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real shame is they've shown this kind of talent all season long. And it's only just now people are starting to pay attention and give them a bit of credit. I personally look forward to seeing them grown and mature as a team. I think they're on the right road. And I think it will be a hell of a ride. Hopefully for a very long time to come.
The real shame is the media not giving the team their due attention. I remember at least one of the games in the first round was not shown by Sun Sports, instead opting with the Rays baseball game instead. :L

Luckily with my Dish Network package, I was able to pick up the Sun Sports "alternate" feed to watch the game.